boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
"insurance companies don` t give you a pass "

^^^^^ Probably this. Not that they will let you slide on your monthly premium payment........but if you end up (god forbid) filing some sort of claim and you went out under these government/bureaucratic covid regs, regardless of the phase 3 status.......they won't give the owners a pass, I'm guessing.

Reactions: Maing

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
"insurance companies don` t give you a pass "

^^^^^ Probably this. Not that they will let you slide on your monthly premium payment........but if you end up (god forbid) filing some sort of claim and you went out under these government/bureaucratic covid regs, regardless of the phase 3 status.......they won't give the owners a pass, I'm guessing.
Copy! Gone are the days of you had a choice. Everyone sue happy. But if that’s the way it is and your required to have insurance then that’s the way it is. I have never understood insurance, even tho I have it on everything I own, you pay them money and they tell you if you can file a claim based on some rules they have. That’s putting it at the most simple way to put it. Oh well! Hope to be fishin soon. Good luck out there.

ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
They’ve (the landings) have been told for weeks phase3 is when they can resume. Also it is up to local health departments to approve plans for reopening. I’m not sure why some operations in other counties have been green lighted ahead of phase 3. My guess is because San Diego is such a large fleet they have been made to wait a little longer than some of the smaller ones. Governor Gruesome said phase 3 yesterday so I would bet you will see them running by next weekend. If not before.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
They’ve (the landings) have been told for weeks phase3 is when they can resume. Also it is up to local health departments to approve plans for reopening. I’m not sure why some operations in other counties have been green lighted ahead of phase 3. My guess is because San Diego is such a large fleet they have been made to wait a little longer than some of the smaller ones. Governor Gruesome said phase 3 yesterday so I would bet you will see them running by next weekend. If not before.
He did set them is phase three? Wow big step fwd!!! Just hopin!!!

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
I think it`s time for the owners of sportboats to get on with there lives and get back to making a living , bills pile up wheater you`re fishing or not , insurance companies don` t give you a pass , no pass from the banks either nor slip fees , the life of a sportboat owner is hard and long hours , it`s time to open the doors to the San Diego fleet and support them the best we can
It is always the banks that one way or another that contribute to damaging our economy. It is a industry that needs a regulatory jack boot on it's neck.

norcaltunaclub

www.octunaclub.com
Mar 18, 2011
Orange County
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
Per John Collins this morning - The San Diego city council is scheduled to meet on Tues June 2nd. The ability of the San Diego Sportfishing fleet to conduct their business is on the agenda.

Sawmill killer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 11, 2015
Vancouver
Name
Steve
Boat
Zodiac
I work on the condor. We are looking at June 5th maybe June 1st. Tommorrow is a no go I am sorry to inform you.
Good luck man, I hope the crew doesn't give you as hard of a time this year hahaha. You worked your ass off on my trip, excellent shot with the gaff too bud. Hope to see the Big Bird in 2021.

Reactions: ripped

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Ya know, the other day I swear I was on the beginning of a 3 day. Motoring out to the bait barge and I could smell the salt air, smell the Seal shit and bait as We Pull up to EB. Check out the sub base and the security boat working the area. And before I start rigging up I take a cast with a surface iron to see about a barracuda. Nadda! Just the smell of the seal shit and bait! Start to rig up my gear, starting with my 30lb flouro and working up. Check my double uni’s as they cinch down!!! Hook size???? Look up its 1230 and the capt says meeting on the bow or something like that, as that seems to be the norm nowadays. Then I woke up and my day just got messed up becuase I woke up two hours before I was supposed to and I could have done my whole trip in two hours of dreaming! Damit!!!! I hope they say it’s a go on the 2nd!!!!

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
Per John Collins this morning - The San Diego city council is scheduled to meet on Tues June 2nd. The ability of the San Diego Sportfishing fleet to conduct their business is on the agenda.
I don’t see how San Diego doesn’t open up. LA County just got green lighted yesterday to conduct Sportfishing business.

Ventura County - Open
Los Angeles County - Open
Orange County - Open

San Diego is last one to open. I would be shocked if the city council says no. If San Diego doesn’t open up? All there anglers will be coming to LA County and Orange County to fish. Jeff on the Thunderbird and Ray on the Toronado will definitely enjoy the extra business. Lets not rule out Jeff on the Freedom out of 22nd Street as well.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
I don’t see how San Diego doesn’t open up. LA County just got green lighted yesterday to conduct Sportfishing business.

Ventura County - Open
Los Angeles County - Open
Orange County - Open

San Diego is last one to open. I would be shocked if the city council says no. If San Diego doesn’t open up? All there anglers will be coming to LA County and Orange County to fish. Jeff on the Thunderbird and Ray on the Toronado will definitely enjoy the extra business. Lets not rule out Jeff on the Freedom out of 22nd Street as well.
It would be an absolute cryin shame if they didn’t!!!! How could they not open em up! Everyone else is..

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
It would be an absolute cryin shame if they didn’t!!!! How could they not open em up! Everyone else is..
Im just shocked that LA County has the most cases in the entire state. And they opened up faster than San Diego. What’s up with that nonsense?

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Im just shocked that LA County has the most cases in the entire state. And they opened up faster than San Diego. What’s up with that nonsense?
I agree, something’s amiss!!! That’s not right. Even San Fran was worse that SD and they were open first. SD was the best overall. I think in the bigger counties and last to open up. I think there is more to it.

Tuna Dreamer

Jul 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Jim Berghauser
Boat
Na
Ya know, the other day I swear I was on the beginning of a 3 day. Motoring out to the bait barge and I could smell the salt air, smell the Seal shit and bait as We Pull up to EB. Check out the sub base and the security boat working the area. And before I start rigging up I take a cast with a surface iron to see about a barracuda. Nadda! Just the smell of the seal shit and bait! Start to rig up my gear, starting with my 30lb flouro and working up. Check my double uni’s as they cinch down!!! Hook size???? Look up its 1230 and the capt says meeting on the bow or something like that, as that seems to be the norm nowadays. Then I woke up and my day just got messed up becuase I woke up two hours before I was supposed to and I could have done my whole trip in two hours of dreaming! Damit!!!! I hope they say it’s a go on the 2nd!!!!
Oh man! That’s the worse kind of “wet dream”. That kind of stuff will give you BLUEfin Balls LOL

Reactions: Maing and jer dog

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
my question is why the delay? I saw your answer about insurance but they started with San Fran then every few days there after another and another and so on. What’s the deal? Respectfully asking btw. Not angry or pissed. Not a reporter or a snitch! Lol
IC today, Sat. 5/30 the Port Authority is meeting Tuesday for some final landings opening approval. HOWEVER, IC The 1.5-2 days at Fisherman's Landing moved up to Monday the 1st. Guess it's NEWS AT 11 til' some boats actually GET OUT THERE.
I'll wait til' they do. LOL

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Should have used a RP knott.

Reactions: ripped and Maing

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
IC today, Sat. 5/30 the Port Authority is meeting Tuesday for some final landings opening approval. HOWEVER, IC The 1.5-2 days at Fisherman's Landing moved up to Monday the 1st. Guess it's NEWS AT 11 til' some boats actually GET OUT THERE.
I'll wait til' they do. LOL
What is”IC”? Thanks

Reactions: Cubeye

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat
21' Seaswirl
I agree, something’s amiss!!! That’s not right. Even San Fran was worse that SD and they were open first. SD was the best overall. I think in the bigger counties and last to open up. I think there is more to it.
Kind of difficult to say what County is worse. It can depend on raw numbers, infection rates, death rates, etc.
The raw May 29 numbers for San Diego County were 7240 cases/266 deaths (3.3 mil population).
There are nine counties that make up the SF Bay Area (over 7.5 mil pop). San Francisco City/County is the fourth largest in population, but smallest in area.
The total raw May 29 numbers numbers for the nine counties in the SF Bay area are (13,708/441) . Santa Clara County had the highest numbers (2731/141) for 1.3 mil pop.

The Governor and his Chief Health Officer (Director, CA Dept of Public Health) provided insight of what was expected for each stage. Each county (and some cities) have their own Chief Public Health Officer (and public health department), and the SF Bay area counties public health officers are mostly in agreement during this pandemic. Each county (and some cities) could submit papers/reports and request consideration for advancing ahead in the stages. The city of Berkeley apparently was the first city or county in the SF Bay area to get approval, and CPFV went out with their rules in place.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
What is”IC”? Thanks
IC short/text for I SEE....As in I saw in several reports about the County, City of
San Diego and Port Authority all in some Tuesday meeting about opening up landings. Thanks

MVL32361

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 7, 2007
CAL
Name
MVL
Boat
None
I am on the books for the PQ trip leaving Tuesday, June 2. My fingers are crossed so tight I’m getting cramps.
This Tuesday, June 2nd, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors are meeting to vote on a motion being presented to reopen our fleet. If the vote passes Tuesday do we get a a green light immediately or do they set a date when the fleet can run ?