• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    57E138A6-D270-43A5-987D-E0556D796EE2.jpeg
    A3FAFAEB-7FA2-4AD1-BEF7-0528B5C60652.jpeg
    At least for me it was the last trip on the books for a shot BFT this year. Ran straight out to Tanner and fished hard all day. It was around 6pm and the boat had 6 total thus far when a nice school swam by and finally got one in the bottom of the 9th. After that only one other stop that yielded 2 fish. Up to that point, the largest one was around 50 but these were bigger. After a 10-15 min fight on a SS 6470xh paired with a Torque 25nld2 with 40lb flouro, flyline dean on a CB 1/0, this guy was landed. My buddy had to fight his for around 30 mins on 50lb gear.. so I guess I got lucky. I think we got 24 total.

Not sure how big he was originally but it weighed 72.6lbs on the 5 Star scale gilled and bled. So maybe 80?

Captain Gavin was at the helm with Billy as the 2nd. I was told that Johnny got his captains license so that’s another awesome captain on the Queen crew. Told Bobbie is now in FL, and there were 2 new faces on deck. If you can get on the PQ next year, do it! Looks like there are only a few midweek trips left. This boat flat out slays.

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    15 minutes on 40lb? well done.

Thank you sir! You shoulda seen the tactics I deployed like straddling the rod like a horse. It’s not advisable to rush the BFT, but it was chaos at the bow with 6 of these guy crossing lines. I was the first one in and sometimes it takes a little luck. My buddy was the last one in so anywhere between 15-30mins on all 6. Didn’t lose a single one due the experience of Gavin and crew. Absolutely top notch.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Been there. LOL Many times...on deck 12hrs
    THEN the golden paddy or big school of
    albacore or yellowfin tuna filled the holds.
    Makes it all worth the wait. TC and GL.

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Been there. LOL Many times...on deck 12hrs
    THEN the golden paddy or big school of
    albacore or yellowfin tuna filled the holds.
    Makes it all worth the wait. TC and GL.
    OH LOOK A THUMBS DOWN FAIRY AGAIN!! LOL LOL

Upvote 0