redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Years ago it cost me $18.00
    For dinner on the Condor,
    It is what it is.
    As long as it's a good dinner and doesn't come out of a can or those frozen vegetables where you can buy a 10lb bag for $5.00 or your salad that is a pile of bagged lettuce with a slice of tomato on it :shake:. A long time ago I was on the Champ (2 day trip) and they charged $8.50 for a grilled cheese sandwich (no pickles, chips or drink with it) Just 2 slices of the cheapest white bread and ONE slice of American cheese for $7.50. What can you do when your stuck on the ocean for 2 days. They had the worst food in the fleet and way over priced. All I ate was grilled cheese sandwiches for 2 days, because the other food was undercooked or overcooked.. I ate probably 12-15 sandwiches a day for 2 days, $$$$$

Last edited:

Xylophone

Jun 30, 2018
    Descanso
    Name
    brett heckeroth
    Boat
    Outrage 20
    I went on a PQ trip earlier this year and thought the same thing when I saw the food prices, but it was worth it. The burgers are big fat pattys with grilled onion he keeps going all day and if that's the same cornish game hen recipe he made for us with the artichoke sauce... dude should just open it up as a diner when they're docked during the week.

Reactions: Tunahead

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
    Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GREAT report and pics. Glad you all had a nice trip,
    I'm old as dirt now and grew up a teenager on PQ with
    the late Eddie McEwen out of old Pacific Landing in LB