Pacific edge bait tank

Drew Stephens

Dec 6, 2017
Ventura, CA
Name
Drew Stephens
Boat
Sunbird Neptune 230
Whatsup guys. Buying my first bait tank. Gunna be mounted mid deck. 30 gallons is plenty for me. I’m coming from a 10 gallon live well. I wanted the plumbing to be concealed and flush under the bait tank. Are pacific edge tanks the right choice? They’re a little pricey but seem worth it. Also how long does it take to order one? I don’t want hoses coming out of the back of the tank or anywhere you could see it and it seems to be the only manufacturer that has concealed plumbing

irob2
irob2
San diego marine exchange stocks them
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
A 38gal Oval (2 scoop) is the smallest tanks he makes unless its a bow tank. According to his website. He didnt have any 38 ovals in stock so I asked him to make me one and I was going to go pick it up. Its been a couple of months, I just sent him a follow up email this week.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
I picked mine up last week end. Now I have what I need to put the deck back together. New Barrys fuel tank and the New Blue Water bait tank Thanks Randy! Its a project 20' Skipjack so I was not that much in a hurry....Good news is I fish my 22' CC while I'm doing the Skipjack build...Its an Awesome tank.

Reactions: Vigilant32

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Both are great tanks.

I dug this up for another post this am.

Might help ya on the install.

Reactions: Dragon
Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Randy is the man & friendly too. Plus he puts in the time to support the industry at all the trade shows. I’ve been buying tanks from him since he was running the marine division at Stockland. His 35 year track record of customer service and quality is unsurpassed in this sector.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
Yes I could shoot the breeze with him for hours. I used to live in C.M. on Orange and Eldon on the back bay side when I was a much younger man. I surfed the river jettys ALOT...The Speed Way Races @ the Fair grounds when Larry Huffman and AL Martinez would announce the races was off the HOOK...Coolers where standard practice...And the BABES...OMG!!! Those were GOOD Times...

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
BlueWater tanks are made so you can run them with 38 gallons, or 20 gallons.

re: speedway……I used to live next door to “Wild Bill Cody”.

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
BlueWater tanks are made so you can run them with 38 gallons, or 20 gallons.

re: speedway……I used to live next door to “Wild Bill Cody”.
I haven’t been following those races. Last I heard, Bill had a Jawa distributorship. Bill used to enjoy Bonsai trimming my pine trees.

I just looked up Bobby. He was about 8 years old when we moved in. Looks like he switched to racing sprint cars...shit…I‘m old. 🥴

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon
Upvote 0