Pacific Coast Sportfishing Festival ?

Cody B

Feb 21, 2018
So Cal
Name
Cody
Boat
NA
Anyone ever been to the Pacific Coast Sportfishing Festival at the OC Fairgrounds?
Do they have good deals on gear and tackle? Or should I just wait for the Fred Hall show?

Cago

Feb 24, 2011
La Palma, CA USA
Name
Marvin
Boat
Aquasport 215 Explorer “Free Spool”
It's very small. Some deals around. Got some Xtra Tuffs and a UC rod for a deal.

OIF VET

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
Walk around drink beer all day and talk fishing. Hmmm let me think. Yup I’m in.

Reactions: wils

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Anyone ever been to the Pacific Coast Sportfishing Festival at the OC Fairgrounds?
Do they have good deals on gear and tackle? Or should I just wait for the Fred Hall show?
I've been a couple of times and the experience doesnt compare to FHS in LB, not even close. Still cool tho' and you might score a deal or two, but its got to be a good deal to absorb the cover charge and still be a deal. I think they charged $12 or $13 for entry.

That said... I'm probably going to them both again this year.

Jul 10, 2016
Highland, Ca
Name
Tito Saldana
Boat
Defiance 290
Bottom line is it is just another day to take off work and see fishing stuff. Hell I am in every year even if I dont buy a thing.

Luke

Uses alot of bait!
Aug 19, 2006
Laguna Niguel
Name
Luke
Boat
none
If you go expecting some version of a Fred Hall Show experience you will be disappointed.

If you go because you want to kick-start your 2019 Southern California fishing season by talking to a few tackle manufactures, local landings, getting a deal from a local tackle store, buying something used for a good price, interacting with other anglers or learning something new at a seminar.....then you will not be disappointed.

It is all about expectations........

maurice escobedo

Counselor
Oct 25, 2016
Bakersfield
Name
Esteban
Boat
24' Wellcraft air slot
I went couple years ago took my girls with me. Hooked them both up to a trout in the pond. That was cool see a 3yo and a 6yo pull on a trout like it was a 100lb tuna.
Yeah it’s small but picked up some pointers on tuna fishing etc. Scored on some reels that kinda stuff. Like was said earlier, it’s all about expectations

Latest posts