sickcat

Silverback
  • Aug 5, 2003
    LA
    Name
    Kerry
    Boat Name
    Yellow spot
    So time will tell who manage the show Best…..Fred or Bart.

Btw the Best way to honor a father’s legacy is to keep his name which is Fred. No covid/pandemic issue can be use as a good excuse.
    I'm no insider but a long time fan of the FHS.

Outside of the last couple years I believe Bart has run the show for a looong time. Long enough that he wanted to step back from the direct day to day and contracted a company with a good reputation for running boat shows to do it. Their handprint is what you see the last couple years. I don't know what the specific issues were but enough that Bart regained control in court and that only settled out a few months ago.

While I'm a little nostalgic and would like to see the original name kept seems that for Bart to go fight in court to regain control when he saw that the show was not being run well IMO shows he has respect for the legacy.

Upvote 0

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
    Carp, CA, USA
    Name
    Steve T.
    Boat Name
    soon2B
    So....
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You have to spend X-amount of gas money to get there.
    When you arrive you have to cough up $20 or more for parking.
    Then, when you get to the door you have to hand over $20 (don't know what they are charging now, it was $15 last time I went) just for the privilege of emptying your wallet to vendors.
    If you didn't smuggle in your own brewskies, fork over $12 or more+tip for a beer.
    All this BEFORE you have even bought a single ringed circle hook at retail price.
    Man, have I got a deal on some prime swampland for ya! LOL

Upvote 0

titos334

VIP Elite Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hell
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat Name
    Rainbow Surprise
    So....
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You have to spend X-amount of gas money to get there.
    When you arrive you have to cough up $20 or more for parking.
    Then, when you get to the door you have to hand over $20 (don't know what they are charging now, it was $15 last time I went) just for the privilege of emptying your wallet to vendors.
    If you didn't smuggle in your own brewskies, fork over $12 or more+tip for a beer.
    All this BEFORE you have even bought a single ringed circle hook at retail price.
    Man, have I got a deal on some prime swampland for ya! LOL

You're wrong because your intentions are misaligned to what the show offers. If you intend to go to save money, like most conventions, you're wrong from the moment that thought floated into your attention. If you intend to go to experience the largest collection of Socal fishing minds and hobbyists, talk shop, play with some toys and maybe buy something you don't have at your local shop then there's sufficient reason to go.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat Name
    One that floats
    You're wrong because your intentions are misaligned to what the show offers. If you intend to go to save money, like most conventions, you're wrong from the moment that thought floated into your attention. If you intend to go to experience the largest collection of Socal fishing minds and hobbyists, talk shop, play with some toys and maybe buy something you don't have at your local shop then there's sufficient reason to go.
    Going to Dave Hansen’s seminar is
    Worth the price of Admission.

Upvote 0

agarcia

May 19, 2006
    Nor*Cal
    Name
    Art Garcia
    Boat Name
    rowboat
    Going to Dave Hansen’s seminar is
    Worth the price of Admission.

……holy sht…..so now its $20 entry, $20 parking, $15 brews and a 50% tip for the seminar host!!!! :p

FWIW, I usually head down from NorCal and spend a couple days in Long Beach at the FHS. My last trip down, I didn’t leave with the impression that the experience justified the drive and cost. I’ll be doing the PCS next year.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    So all of those vendor advertised “Fred Hall” specials were regular priced and not reduced to try and drive traffic and sales to offset the cost of the booth, hotel rooms and food and have some profit to bring home to keep the shop going?

I agree on all of the value brought by the speakers and talking to folks at their booths but to say the “deals” aren’t a draw is foolish

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica from San Diego
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    Yamaha FX SHO
    If the cost of a beer is relevant for any fishing show. Not all but some are going for the wrong reason

The entry fee is fare to see all the new gear. Pick up and stack the coupons. Go knowing you are going to purchase something needed at a discount

Maybe owner pro packs. Buy 1 get 1 free. I don't knot exactly this year but there are huge savings

Purchase something needed at a discount that saves you the amount of the entry cost

No brainer.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    You guys truly make me laugh. If you want some true entertainment.... go back and "Search" BD for last year's FH Show...

All the comments.... all the threads....Hilarious... specifically reading how much "WE LOVE THE SHOW"....and MISS THE SHOW.

Now.... if beer is going to be expensive.... JUST FORGET IT!! Like a bunch of "Karens". Yeah, MARCH 1... they'll be "frothing" at the mouth... lol.

You can blame the BFT...I guess. See you there.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat Name
    One that floats
    You guys truly make me laugh. If you want some true entertainment.... go back and "Search" BD for last year's FH Show...

All the comments.... all the threads....Hilarious... specifically reading how much "WE LOVE THE SHOW"....and MISS THE SHOW.

Now.... if beer is going to be expensive.... JUST FORGET IT!! Like a bunch of "Karens". Yeah, MARCH 1... they'll be "frothing" at the mouth... lol.

You can blame the BFT...I guess. See you there.
    A friend told me years ago that you can't put A price on fun,
    just remember that, and stay away from the Hyatt for there Brunch,
    it was $30.00 the last time I had it, if your counting how much things cost,
    remember you only live once .

Upvote 0