I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Yeah, I take one of those :D
    I take 5 jigs, from 6X Jr to a 400g knife jig( only used if the drift is real fast)
    I don't believe in glow, don't believe in SK, don't believe in Katy Perry LOLMy last trip, should seen night #2, everyone checking out my chrome Salas 6X, wondering if their jigs were close to the same.
    Here's the deal: put it in front of a hungry one and you'll get a bite!
    But the tackle stores love you guys that gotta have multiple sizes, multiple colors, multiple brands.
    Pick a jig you can maximize your up downs, and you'll have a better chance of finding that hungry one!
    This last trip, I could feel the fish, my jig bouncing off them on the way down! Sometimes you get a bite, sometimes not.
    X2 on your input!!!!! If the landings had it their way, You would walk out with half the tackle store, And the fish wanted something else! Just be careful of what tackle you get from H&M Landing, No upgraded hooks on a lot of their jigs. Seen to many people that bough them come back with straightened hooks lost on the big boys, :shake:

Reactions: wahoodad
    Upvote 0

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
    Three Rivers California
    Name
    PJ Stevko
    Boat
    N/A
    Apologies if I came off as a smart ass that wasn’t my intention, I got roped in myself last weekend at fisherman‘s landing to get the latest hot flat for for $45 because we were supposedly looking for tuna, we went to bed at 10 thinking that we were going to be up at 1 AM dropping flat falls just outside La Jolla as that’s where the bite had been but the Captain opted to go left into Mexico for excellent hook n line yellowtail fishing my point being we spend so much time and money thinking about it and so little on the water it’s ironic, having a slipped boat makes it even worse!
    No need to apologize....

Upvote 0
    Mar 18, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    X2 on your input!!!!! If the landings had it their way, You would walk out with half the tackle store, And the fish wanted something else! Just be careful of what tackle you get from H&M Landing, No upgraded hooks on a lot of their jigs. Seen to many people that bough them come back with straightened hooks lost on the big boys, :shake:
    These were the upgraded Mustad and Owner assist hooks from our last 4 day trip. The fish hit the deck, but these hooks were bent out from the insane pressure that we're putting on these fish with heavy drags and 200lb+ fluoro. Be sure to change out those stock hooks.....

hook.JPG

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0