PAC 12 Bashers

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Dec 10, 2018.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Kinda knew this......
    upload_2018-12-10_15-26-24.png

2. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Everybody knows the PAC needs a better TV deal, which leads to more revenue, which leads to more money for the athletic programs, which leads to better facilities, which leads to more 4&5* recruits who want nicer cars and better pay.

College football and basketball bring in the bank. We saw what happened to numerous basketball programs, so this comes as no surprise.

I sure hope we can afford Haskins for another year, but the league may be calling and they throw some serious bank at QB’s :D

3. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Top ten PAC 12 games by tv rating:

4.4: USC-Notre Dame (5 p.m./ABC)
    3.2: Washington-Auburn (12:30 p.m./ABC)
    2.6: Washington-Utah/FCG (5 p.m./FOX)
    2.5: Stanford-Oregon (5 p.m./ABC)
    2.3: Washington-Washington State (5:30 p.m./FOX)
    2.2: Oregon State-Ohio State (9 a.m./ABC)
    2.1: Stanford-Notre Dame (4:30p.m./NBC)
    2.1 Colorado-Nebraska (12:30 p.m./ABC)
    2.0: Washington-Colorado (12:30 p.m./FOX)
    1.9: Washington-Oregon (12:30 p.m./ABC)

Takeaways from Jon Wilner:

• All of the top 10 were on broadcast television (FOX or ABC).

• Half of the top 10 involved Washington.

• None of the top 10 were night games.

• Also: Only one game involved USC, and the 4.4 for the Trojans’ finale assuredly had more to do with Notre Dame’s bid for an undefeated season than anything else.

PAC-12 needs to stop scheduling the late night games. Their fear of going head-to-head with other P5 Conference games during the day is actually killing their viewership and is difficult on the fans, especially traveling fans. That Friday evening Championship Game killed the travel for UW and Utah fans.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  4. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    PAC-12 Commissioner Larry Scott was adamant about the Conference owning the PAC 12 Network. All other Conference Networks or Channels are owned wholly, or partially by media companies who are the distributors. SEC Network is 80% owned by ESPN. B1G Network is 51% owned by Fox and 49% by the Conference. PAC-12 is the only Conference that owns 100% of its network.

In theory, in the media industry distributors are king. Content does not get seen unless it passes through a distributor, placing content creators at the mercy of the distributors. For television, distributors pay based on the number of viewers you can produce. If a distributor has equity interest in the content, then they will be motivated to advertise and schedule the content to generate maximum viewers. PAC 12 doesn’t have that distributor equity interest relationship. Their best rated games were on the over air networks, the same ones that have equity in B1G Network and SEC Network. Do you think they’re going to bump content they own interest in for content they don’t own interest in? They will only do that when they think they can generate more viewers which benefits their network.

So my point is that Larry Scott’s own the Network model is flawed when there is equal or better content out there competing against the PAC 12. He should have cut in a Network like Fox to help pimp the content.

KnotyBuoyz likes this.
  5. invictus

invictus AVD

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy

SC ratings, and game attendance, correlate directly to the teams record. Almost Ny game was cheap and easy tonget tickets this year.

LA fans man, show up late and inly when the team is good.

BiggestT likes this.
  6. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    ASU getting whooped by Fresno will keep the bowl bashing smack going.

Perhaps Stanford’s women’s volleyball team winning a Natty should become the PAC’s go to conversation piece. Nothing to bash about that and congrats to those gals.

7. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Hate ASSU, but in their defense, N’Keal Harry did not play. Without Harry, ASSU’s offense is a whole lot easier to defend. Nonetheless, Embarrassing performance by ASSU.

8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    BTW the rumors have Jack Tuttle headed to Indiana. Reportedly he’ll have 4 years to play 4 because he quit on Utah before the classes counted. He will have to compete with RD Sophomore Peyton Ramsey who passed for nearly 3,000 yards 19 TDs and a 65% completion rate to rank 3rd amongst Big 10 QBs. Good luck with that. And Indiana sucked. They finished 6th in the Big 10 East with their only wins over Rutgers and Maryland.

9. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Utah lost the recruiting war for Jayden Daniels out of Cajon HS. 4* and #2 ranked dual threat QB nationally. Both Jayden and his dad were all in on Utah, but momma was not. Momma is divorced and she picked up the phone and called ASSU to recruit her son about a month ago. Momma don’t like her ex. Herm Edwards obliged.

I don’t think it’s a big loss as Daniels is 6’3” and 175 lbs and runs a 4.68 in the 40. He’s too skinny to play immediately and 4.68 is not overly fast for a DT QB. He will get crushed.

Utah made a late offer to flip Penn St QB commit Michael Johnson, but that’s a Hail Mary. Otherwise, Utah has no QB commits this year.

Oh and Utah’s OC Troy Taylor just accepted the HC position at Sacramento State. Apparently that change in offense after the Washington State game was the result of play changes implemented by the OL coach Harding who’s likely to get promoted to OC.

10. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    I heard Oregon got a top 5* guy, so PAC can’t be totally written off for next season at this point, right? I mean, everybody knows one player can make a difference and all 5*’s pan out, right?:D

11. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Tuttle should have taken the opportunity to play for the Buckeyes, when he had the chance. There was little to no chance he would have beaten out Haskins. Maybe he can help Indiana in a couple years, but we shall see:confused:

12. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    His daddy is the quintessential helicopter parent. Called Whitt to complain that his son wasn’t playing after he lost out to Jason Shelley. Indiana will have their hands full...

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...s-iu-football-after-utah-transfer/2336246002/

13. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Chris Olave, freshman wide receiver who played with Tuttle at Mission Hills, is working out better thus far. He didn’t get much playing time until another Buckeye receiver got hurt, but those two touchdowns and blocked punt he had against Meatchicken was nice work. He contributed in the B1G conference championship game as well.

Perhaps Olave made Tuttle look better than he really is, and Urban got the one he really wanted. Indiana competes better than many realize, but they don’t win enough of the close games. Tuttle will need to show some game to get any playing time there.

14. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Can we add dem Cal Bears to the PAC bashers thread?:food-smiley-014:

15. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Cal was not a very good team this year. No offense. Defense was ok, but they gave up 262 yards rushing to TCU? 5 INTs. Hard to win when you have that many turnovers.

ASSU did not have N’Keal Harry playing. Without him they become one dimensional run team and easy to beat.

I did not watch either game. Been up at our home in Stevensville MT recovering from foot surgery. Do not have a TV up here. Could have watched on computer, but why bother. These are lower tier bowls featuring teams barely eligible for bowl games.

16. Brad I

Brad I Common Sense Isn't Common Enough

Name:
    Brad I
    Boat:
    Nope
    I did watch the game. The problem is that Cal's third string quarterback must really suck.

Why is that the problem? Because he can't beat out the two guys ahead of him who played, and they suck too. Ok, Garbers as a freshman has potential, but he hasn't fulfilled it yet. They had only two good passes the whole game, and both of those were due to the receivers' skill and efforts at least as much as the quarterbacks'. And when Laird went out in the first half, so did the remnant's of Cal's offense. TCU won because they developed a running game in the second half. About the best that could be said is that Cal's played as expected--good defense, lousy offense.

The most exciting play of the game was that wacky backfield multi-pass attempt by TCU.

17. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Brad are you saying that the prospects for Cal next year are not good?

18. Brad I

Brad I Common Sense Isn't Common Enough

Name:
    Brad I
    Boat:
    Nope
    Yep, maybe a .500 team. They only have 2 players of note from this year returning--linebacker Weaver and punter Coutts. But I thought that .500 was beyond reach this year, so maybe I'll again be pleasantly surprised.

19. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Damn it Brad, you were supposed to say that Cal has a strong team coming back and that they will be taking down Big T Utes next October. No way in hell you should not make him sweat and allow him to put one in the win column already.

Pretty good chance T will now spend that time dissecting my Buckeyes and pulling my chain, rather than stressing over his own damn team. ;)

20. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    You are planning to watch the Utes v Northwestern, right? What’s your score prediction? I am thinking low scoring, with winner by 3-6 points. Could go either way but I am leaning in Northwestern’s favor, perhaps 19-16.