Overnight Trip

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by tyra-jae, Sep 2, 2010.

1. tyra-jae

tyra-jae Newbie

Name:
    Richard/Russell
    Boat:
    30' Surratt
    Headed out of Kaneohe at 4pm on wed. Ran an ono run around Mokumanu to twin island. No hits on the way. Cleared the big lines and started bottom fishing. Caught some nice sized moana's and a load of those dreaded Hagi's. After the sun went down, tried our luck for some Akule. The water wasn't as nice as we had hoped for. Caught only 4 Akule and called it quits. Too much rain and wind. At 1am, headed out to MM. Got to the area a little before 3am, but couldn't see the blinking light on the buoy. Good thing the winds really lightened up out there. We were there last week so we went to the location it was on the GPS. I dont know how, but we ended up right on the side of it. Setup and tried our luck at baiting. Caught only 4 6-8lb shibi before the sun starting rising. Once it was light enough to see, we setup the riggers and tried trolling for some bigger fish. No luck there. Brought the riggers in and started jigging with kingbusters. Immediately hooked up to 3-5lb akus. Had a 30-35lb bull mahi chase one of our akus all the way to the boat but didnt want the bait we sent out. Baited up about a dozen more shibis and headed for the pier. Back in by 10:30. Cant wait to do it again, hopefully at Molokai next time.

2. captdon1

captdon1 Newbie

Name:
    don
    Boat:
    33' kamicraft "KIMI ANN"
    so when we going ?? still waiting for the call!! hehe good going on your adventure,main thing had fun & caught fish.

aloha captdon

3. tyra-jae

tyra-jae Newbie

Name:
    Richard/Russell
    Boat:
    30' Surratt
    As soon as we get a nice weekend, we're on. You'll be getting a call from me when we decide to go. Anyone else interested is welcomed also.

4. captdon1

captdon1 Newbie

Name:
    don
    Boat:
    33' kamicraft "KIMI ANN"
    yo next week lv. hk wed. morning early.-> molo's return hk thurs. afternoon

aloha captdon :fighting0061:

5. CHRISTINA GAIL

CHRISTINA GAIL Newbie

Name:
    BEN
    Boat:
    21 ALI'I KAI - CHRISTINA GAIL
    WITH A BOAT LIKE THAT EVERYBODY GOING GO! MAN THAT'S A NICE BOAT. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT IT! RIGHT ON GANG!

6. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    Good to hear about the mixed bag, only a matter of time before the big haul.

7. tydy77

tydy77 Newbie

Name:
    jeff
    Boat:
    18'tiderunner
    where do you fish near Molokai? what do you fish for? I live on the west end (Maunaloa) and just started fishing. What size boat do I need to fish west and north shore?

8. 808shorecaster

808shorecaster Member

I'm always looking to hitch a ride and do some fishing so long as my schedule lets me. I've got a jigging and plugging set-up that needs to see some water time.

9. force21

force21 Oldie

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    21 Force JAYMIELYN
    Just came back from a solo run from HK to Lanai on Saturday, Sept 6th, spent the night anchored off the westside, ran to Molokai on Sunday to spend the night but have some unusual problems with the engine so we came back home that evening, arrived at HK at 7pm. Only 2 small Kawakawa's & 1 small Aku caught trolling but caught a mixed bag of Nabeta, Moana & other kaukau fish bottomfishing. I would enjoy joining you guys going there but can only go on the weekends.

10. tyra-jae

tyra-jae Newbie

Name:
    Richard/Russell
    Boat:
    30' Surratt
    Howzit Glenn,
    Weekends are fine. Im pretty sure Don can go on weekends also. It all depends on the weather though. I'll keep you posted.

11. ShellyGirl

ShellyGirl Newbie

Name:
    Bam
    Boat:
    21, Alii Kai (built by Pacific Customs), Shelly Girl
    Ho Richard! Good to see you guys riding the big boat. We went up Molo this past weekend. Cannot beat the kali's, opihi, and the ono run. Let me know when you go up, we can plan one. Shoots!