FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat Name
Boston Whaler Outrage 23'
Thinking about trailering up to Dana point on Saturday and going to Catalina until Monday. I know Dana point can be difficult to get a parking / trailer spot. How do I guarantee getting a spot ? Is there another option of a place to pay to store a trailer and truck ? Can I guarantee a spot if I get up there around 4 am ?

Thank you

Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Thinking about trailering up to Dana point on Saturday and going to Catalina until Monday. I know Dana point can be difficult to get a parking / trailer spot. How do I guarantee getting a spot ? Is there another option of a place to pay to store a trailer and truck ? Can I guarantee a spot if I get up there around 4 am ?

Thank you
Dana Point has a lot more parking now (still not enough) so parking isn't as much of an issue as it was before when you couldn't launch there. However, they have a no overnight rule. You may want to go the extra 20 minutes up the 73 and launch out of Newport.

Upvote 0

acorn

Oct 27, 2019
Escondido
Name
Andy
Boat Name
None
I called the Embarcadero marina yesterday and they said you can park overnight in the main lot. The kiosk will only sell you a 1 day parking ticket so you need to go into the marina office to purchase additional days and they are open 8-5. So leaving at 4am would be tricky.

Upvote 0

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
I go there all the time. Never an issue. Only thing last time i went.. u can only get 1 day permits. Couldnt get multiple day pass. But I called and they said dont worry. Even if you get warning they won't tow. Just call and pay over phone the difference. Cause I like staying in the boat at the islands multiple days.

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
  • Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat Name
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    Call or go into the office and tell them when you are departing and returning. They let me park in the lot by the office and they lock it at night. I did a two night stay on the island.

Upvote 0

miaf

• Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat Name
    Yeah, like people have said, just call the marina and work it with them. Are you planning on staying in Avalon? If so, I'd be more concerned about getting a mooring than parking your trailer. :)

Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
    Sep 28, 2008
    san diego/california/us
    Name
    Conor
    Boat Name
    Boston Whaler Outrage 23'
    Can
    Yeah, like people have said, just call the marina and work it with them. Are you planning on staying in Avalon? If so, I'd be more concerned about getting a mooring than parking your trailer. :)
    boat in camp site. We just pop a tent on the beach and use an inflatable paddleboard to transfer stuff from the boat to shore. Nothing like waking up on the beach swimming to the boat and going fishing.

tried calling Dana launch ramp but nobody answers.

Upvote 0

vipertom1970

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat Name
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Buy the ticket at the gate then bring the ticket into the office to pay for extra days if needed. If I recall, they will issue a different ticket with additional days on it.

Reactions: John Stidman

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat Name
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    i have done it many times. yes you need to pay at the embarcadero office. i think you may be able to call and pay over the phone, my last trip (week before independence day) they said if i extended my trip to just call them. parking lot is much better, however i will say check your rig before you go home. my last trip someone tried to steal a trailer tire (i'm guessing) as i was missing 3 lug nuts and didn't find out til on the ortega highway.....that was fun!

Upvote 0

miaf

• Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat Name
    Yeah, theft is on the rise in the harbor. Careful leaving your rig there multiple days. A boat was just stolen out of that parking lot.

Upvote 0