Overnight/Multiday Safety and Bedbugs.....

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
Just curious...
anyone notice any changes in safety protocols throughout out the SoCal fleet since the Conception fire?

Never got one but I've also heard of a Bedbug problem on multiday overnight trips.... hate to bring any critters home I can't fillet..........

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Just curious...
anyone notice any changes in safety protocols throughout out the SoCal fleet since the Conception fire?

Never got one but I've also heard of a Bedbug problem on multiday overnight trips.... hate to bring any critters home I can't fillet..........
right now you have to bring your own Bedding,
so that has to help.

Reactions: Buttchaser

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
search bed bugs and you'll find what you're looking for and yes there are overnight and multiday boats that have had bed bug problems

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Fished quite a bit last year during the lock down on a lot of different boats , I noticed a lot of new GFCI plugs along with usb plugs in staterooms ...

Safety protocols are pretty much standard on all boats , you just have to listen to what’s being said during the capt safety meeting while getting bait at the docks ... Bring your own bedding , and wear a mask !!!!

I’ve got to admit , even in a pandemic while most where at home , Fishing was awesome on all the trips and boats In 2020 !!

Justin Joy

Sep 7, 2019
Vista Ca
Name
Justin
Boat
None
It is Simple for me I buy a cheap blanket and pillow just for over night and extended trips then Sanitize wash it in my washer. then stored for the next trip

Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Just curious...

Watch out! Larmo will put out a commercial for a class action lawsuit against the fleet for bedbugs..
CEB9B18E-EE9A-4A90-84A3-0583625BA71C.jpeg

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
Haven't booked a trip on an overnight boat since the Conception fire....... I used to dive that boat a lot years ago.... The bunk room set up wasn't much different than most of the rest of the SoCal sport fleet..... I always tried to be next to the stairs or escape hatch when picking a bunk.... never noticed anyone else ever being concerned but I always have....

Having escaped two late night residential fires I have a phobia for getting trapped.....

I was hoping to hear that if nothing else people were seeing surveillance video systems as well as additional smoke detection be installed......

I'll just keep to my own boat or 3/4 day trips until then.....

Thanks!

Last edited:

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    All the info you need..

Reactions: FlatPack