4bruce

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
1 sheephead 3 bocaccio 17 rockfish 100 red snapper. for 10 anglers on soc cal. dec. 11. is it over limit?

outboardking

May 17, 2009
Santee
Name
Fernando
Boat
28 amato pilothouse
I believe its 10 of a species with 20 fish total per person. so their within limit in us waters

nvanderdussen

Feb 3, 2006
Fountain Valley
Name
Nick Vander Dussen
Boat
19 1/2 foot Chaparral F
10 rockfish per person. The only fish that would not count as rockfish would be the sheephead. However, many times deckhands (as long as they have fishing licenses) will count as anglers in the boat limit.

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
For Southern California:

Rockfish

The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes sp.) is open to divers2 and shore-based anglers year-round. This fishery is open to boat-based anglers from March 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (see important NOTE at the end of this section). These species may only be taken or possessed3 in waters less than 360 feet (60 fathoms) deep*. The daily bag and possession limit is 10 fish in combination of all species within the RCG Complex (includes all species of Rockfish, Cabezon and Greenlings) per person, with a sub-limit on bocaccio (2 per person, minimum size limit of 10 inches total length, also included in the 10 fish RCG Complex aggregate limit). Yelloweye rockfish, canary rockfish, bronzespotted rockfish, and cowcod may not be retained (bag limit: zero).

j

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Welcome to BD, thanks for the fish report, so do you have any other details from your trip?

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
I think I got my limit. I got more than 10 fish

jimfishes

Aug 4, 2005
El Cajon
Name
jim
Boat
21' Parker
Fishermen are supposed to know the regs before they start fishing. Catch and keep 10 rockfish stop fishing, Don't put it on the
crew to count your fish.

Aug 4, 2009
san gabriel
Name
don
Boat
18ft wellcraft fisherman
I dont think he know the limit. neither landing. why the landing report 120 rock fish for 10 people instead of 10 plus 2 crewnembers.

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
I basically don't know what I'm doing and was practically skunked. C'mon, it's not the first time. Who's with me? What I want to know is how they might be able to get boat limits with at least one angler (me, example) who's totally doggin' it?

Wait a minute, I figured it out. Boy do I feel dumb.

Good fishin, bdc ok