Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Steve Carson posted a link on another site of the DFG showing very strong support and arguments in favor of the sportfishing fleet. We’re not done yet. They could still come out and vote to keep their requirements.
    yep Over 21000 of us signed the petition, and a
    lot of us sent letters to CARB against the bill.

Upvote 0

Rusty123

Yep
  • Mar 7, 2019
    Long Beach
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat
    Bayliner cuddy
    This situation really sucks. Why dont they instead go after industries like the mow and blowers? the millions of gardeners using high polluting equipment and stupid blowers to blow the trash in the air we breathe or into someone elses yard?

Or how about the sheriffs helicopters who pollute the most and waste gas on our dime just to catch some taggers? I can go on and on…

irob2
    irob2
    Um they have no more gas powered tools
    Upvote 0
    Dudley613
    Dudley613
    Sheriffs helicopters do catch taggers…. Jesus dude, let’s pretend you actually don’t think that.
    Upvote 0
    Dudley613
    Dudley613
    Also, for every one fisherman there’s probably 10 people who make a living off yard work, those people are gonna be out jobs now.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    This situation really sucks. Why dont they instead go after industries like the mow and blowers? the millions of gardeners using high polluting equipment and stupid blowers to blow the trash in the air we breathe or into someone elses yard?

Or how about the sheriffs helicopters who pollute the most and waste gas on our dime just to catch some taggers? I can go on and on…
    HOW ABOUT the 1000's of Trucks in LA/LB
    Harbor now who report they spend 1/2 their
    days IDLING in long lines for containers going out, or coming back in to get in line. A LOT
    closer to home than Sport/Commercial fishing
    boats fishing offshore for damn sure! LOL

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga

it`s already been mandated for Leaf blowers , Lawn Mowers, and weed whips , the cost of a gas Leaf blower is 2 to 4 hundred dollars , a battery blower with the charger and battery which are sold separate are 6 hundred dollars and the same with the Lawn mowers , prices are outrageous and then thetes how do you charge the units thru out the day , its a fucked up situation for everyone and the politicians and tree huggers could give 2 shits about peoples lively hood

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    Private yachts are going to be required to do the same engine retrofit in 2025 , they are sneaking this thru the back door as we speak , hold on too your wallets , if this becomes law boats will be worthless and the rich will get their way with ONLY the wealthy living in california , we,re all Fucked if this bill passes

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Private yachts are going to be required to do the same engine retrofit in 2025 , they are sneaking this thru the back door as we speak , hold on too your wallets , if this becomes law boats will be worthless and the rich will get their way with ONLY the wealthy living in california , we,re all Fucked if this bill passes
    Glad I got out of the Yacht Broker role in 82'

Upvote 0

McCann

Nov 17, 2021
    Oregon
    Name
    Aaron McCann
    Boat
    Hewes 200 Pro V
    it`s already been mandated for Leaf blowers , Lawn Mowers, and weed whips , the cost of a gas Leaf blower is 2 to 4 hundred dollars , a battery blower with the charger and battery which are sold separate are 6 hundred dollars and the same with the Lawn mowers , prices are outrageous and then thetes how do you charge the units thru out the day , its a fucked up situation for everyone and the politicians and tree huggers could give 2 shits about peoples lively hood
    The ridiculous thing about this whole battery thing (20 years in the automotive industry) is the disposal of these lithium batteries has been proven over and over again to be much more detrimental to environment than a combustion motor has ever been. European nations are already stressed with the safe disposal of the power source. These moves are sold to the uniformed as fact, in reality, they are to line the pockets of your politicians.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Mar 3, 2017
    Northern California
    Name
    Crowman
    Boat
    YES

Better realize the source of the pollution is all the vaginal turds you people down there are cranking out causing the pollution. It's predicted that in 2050 California will have 100 million people here. You'll be saying then that these were the good old days.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Better realize the source of the pollution is all the vaginal turds you people down there are cranking out causing the pollution. It's predicted that in 2050 California will have 100 million people here. You'll be saying then that these were the good old days.
    They should just open the Mexico border and let them all come here, Then we move down to Mexico, I wouldn't mind living in Mexico, The majority will be living in the U.S

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    They should just open the Mexico border and let them all come here, Then we move down to Mexico, I wouldn't mind living in Mexico, The majority will be living in the U.S
    Me either...Maybe Rosarito. Hell if this passes
    have ALL the Tuna landings move to Ensenada
    with new docks, Bldgs/Tackle Shops etc. LOL

Reactions: marlyn and kevina
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    The Vaginal turds on here are the Jealous dwads from UP NORTH like you. Just went for a 5mile mountain bike ride here on the pollution free Orange Coast. Pure clean air!! At 75
    Stick to your own stupid problems in your zone. The raging fires pollution
    in Nocal 100 times worse than here.
    We don't care what you think! LOL

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I guess we will all have to fish out of sailboats soon
    It did for years off Newport Beach off my
    Columbia 26...total stealth. Sail between
    Balboa and Newport PIers with 2 Bonito
    Feathers,catch a bunch, and throw most
    to skiff renters back in Bay. Oh what fun.
    Bloody deck cockpit mess.LOL

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
    Nov 28, 2003
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    We are pissing in the wind they have their mind set on this
    Why does it always seem like these public input meetings are a formality that the state goes through to make Joe Public think he has a say in something?
    The mpa meetings were a joke. I went to them. Their minds were already made up.
    Which I believe is the case this time.

Upvote 0