Chesapeakechuck

Left Handed Coffee Grinder Farmer
Mar 12, 2003
Deerfield, New Hampshire
Name
Charlie
Boat
23' Parker CC, "Chesapeake Charlie"
I installed a set of 12' Precision riggers on my pilothouse this weekend and tried them out on Saturday afternoon.....The riggers are totally bitchin, but I kinda wanted to get more 'spread' out of them without having to buy the maximizers (which cost more than the riggers themselves)......My 45' angle only gets my jigs outside the wake just a little bit, and I have to drop the jigs back unusually far so as to keep them in the water when trolling seven knots or so (farther back than you should have them normally). They seem too high and not 'out' far enough. If I ever get a computer at home on which I can download my digital photos, I'll take a few photos and show ya what I mean.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might get more spread out of these things and how I can lower the pole so that I can pull my jigs in to a reasonable distance behind the boat?

The mounts are side mounts and are installed on the side of the pilot house near the top (really, this is the only place I could put them).

I know, without pics, this post is probably pretty lame.

Stanley

Pro Boat Scrubber
Nov 28, 2003
Agua Hedionda
Visit site
Name
Spooker
Boat
24' Skipjack FB, 19.5' Glastron SE and a ScupperPro TW
Yeah, it's hard to suggest anything without pic's.

Seems though you should find a way to put the mounts lower. One of those "less angle to the dangle" type things.

Fish Taco

Fish Taco
Aug 17, 2005
Newport Beach
Name
Daniel
Boat
24 Sea Craft
Well there are shimms u can use to get the spread u ned using starboard and or shimms u can bu when u got the out riggers.....

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
I probably need to get with you and show you how to use those .

:D

captjim

Konakeenan
Feb 27, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Jim Keenan
Boat
28' Skipjack !! Shazam !!
Make wedges out of teak or starboard and put them under your side mounts. Wide end on top, of course.

Afry

Capitán
Jul 5, 2005
Ramona, Ca
Name
Arnie
Boat
38 Mediterranean, 23 Key West
Put the mounts on the OUTSIDE of the pilothouse...works more better that way.

DaveR

Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
The shims being referred to are sold through Precision in Costa Mesa.

Chesapeakechuck

Left Handed Coffee Grinder Farmer
Mar 12, 2003
Deerfield, New Hampshire
Name
Charlie
Boat
23' Parker CC, "Chesapeake Charlie"
I've already got the shims on, but still am not happy with how the set-up is. I really need to take a few pics to show ya what I mean...I'm gonna try to make some oversized shims (actually, big-ass wedges) to see how this works. What a pain in the ass-----nothing on this boat has been easy.

bertram31

Jul 7, 2004
Star Valley
Name
Jack
Boat
Polaris Supreme
Try using a tagline set up. Instead of having roller trollers right at the end of the rigger a tagline will connect your fishing line to the rigger tagline via a rubberband and have the point of connection back behind the boat. it wont get you wider but will lessen the angle between your fishing line and rigger.

The lesser angle will allow the line to seem lower in the air in relation to the water. You will need to buy some tagline return weights from a good tackle store that does rigger stuff.

Jack

UnReel

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
Name
You couldn't say it anyway
Boat
24' Skipjack open "UnReel"
Got the 12' Pecision riggers on my ride too. Did yours mount up like this

Had to use the shims as well. Love using them and I can keep the rigger jigs in the water running true from the third wake back no problem. My only complaint using them is when I swing them out to troll they only go out at a 45deg angle to the boat instead of swinging out completely perpendiculer to the side of the boat. I'm going to modify them to swing out all the way as soon as I get a chance.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Chuck~

I had the chance to swing by briefly yesterday and look at the boat and riggers. After looking at it, it looks to be a pretty easy fix although it will require remounting and drilling to make it right.

I will talk to you more on this later, but I will be gone most of the night as my wife & I are taking our daughter to the circus.

I would have left this message on your phone but it seems to have more problems than ever. You dont actually pay for that service do you?? LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:

Jun 18, 2006
Murrieta
Name
Travis Magnano
Boat
2001 34 Luhrs yes its my dads so dont ask!

The outriggers should be close to this angle when they are not extended then when you extend them they are straight out from the side of the boat with little angle like this

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
My 45' angle only gets my jigs outside the wake just a little bit,
Are the feathers suppose to be in the prop wash or not?