4v1df12h1ng

Sensei
Feb 22, 2008
North County
Name
Who
Boat
yes pls
Thinking of installing outrigger on my ride. Which one best all around performance in regards to using different size lures or bait a 1.125" vs. 1.5" diameter poll 15' long telescopic. Will a 1.125 dia poll to small and flimsy at 15'?

DaveR

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
What's the ride and what type of mount are you thinking of... roof, side wall, gunnel ?

4v1df12h1ng

Sensei
Feb 22, 2008
North County
Name
Who
Boat
yes pls
Osprey pilot house. I preferred roof type but to expensive or what you call outrageous prices $1500-3000 (save cash for backup engine instead - kicker). Have to settle with gunnel type and the side mount will hit the side/bow railings (high) and obstruct path to bow. Is 1 1/8 dia outrigger to flimsy? or 1.5" dia best way to go and all around type rigger? Thx...

DaveR

Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
Osprey pilot house. I preferred roof type but to expensive or what you call outrageous prices $1500-3000 (save cash for backup engine instead - kicker). Have to settle with gunnel type and the side mount will hit the side/bow railings (high) and obstruct path to bow. Is 1 1/8 dia outrigger to flimsy? or 1.5" dia best way to go and all around type rigger? Thx...
If you keep your eyes on the lookout for a roof mount set on ebay and craigslist, you could be rewarded. Taco makes a great setup.

fredwyer

Aug 1, 2008
san rafael/ca/usa
Name
fred
Boat
28,farallon,
I would not use Tigress outriggers even though they say there made in the USA there made in China of low Quality stainless steel which get covered in rust.
I bought the 2" wishbone outrigger only to find that tigress does not make a 2" pole so I had to buy them from Lee outriggers only to find out that poles would not fit
they were about 5 thousands of an inch to large. After several hours of sanding I now have a set of rusty outriggers made in China.

Fred
28' farallon
reel time

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
www.precisionmarine.com

Get the basic 12' if you don't want to spend a bunch.

IF you want to spend a little more, get the maximizers and the 18' poles. Great stuff that will never rust or corode. Plus they stand behind all their products 200%.

g's toy

Apr 21, 2005
sd
Name
Mike
Boat
2301,swirl--sold
I'm installing the basic roof mount 12' precision outriggers this week on my boat. Get the backing plates with any roof mounted riggers. I paid about $575, depending upon if they have to ship--UPS or deliver directly to you at your work or home which they did for me. Mike

DawnPatrol

Cora's & Hollis' GrandPa
Mar 27, 2005
Fletcher Hills
Name
Alan
Boat
2520 Parker SL 250 Yammie
I've had both Precision Marine on the old center console and now Taco telescopics on the new ride. Both are excellent. I feel the Taco's are a better quality, but then, they are more expenseive... but I have caught both Billfish and many tuna's on both with no probelms

4v1df12h1ng

Sensei
Feb 22, 2008
North County
Name
Who
Boat
yes pls
Thanks for all your the inputs... Will be on the lookout for set of outriggers and would like to have one before season starts (just missed the maximizer mount)

Also, I have a year old Airmar B164 1KW ducer (for DSM300) for sale, upgrading to transom mounted TM260 1KW due to arrive Tuesday next week. B164 work great except the way I had it installed on my boat (did not want to drill 3.75" hole you know what I mean). Asking $550, make an offer or I'll keep as backup... Thx.