Outrigger questions???

Hucky

Feb 22, 2016
Flagstaff, Az
Name
Chris Harkey
Boat
2004 2101 Seaswirl Striper
I have a Seaswirl 2101 CC and am getting ready to look into outriggers for it. I have never owned a boat with outriggers before and was curious what people are having luck with. I have a T-Top and am not sure the best route to go. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
IMG_4619.jpg

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I'd just wait for a deal to pop up in the classifieds and jump on it. Not sure where you are but I've found that we don't often use outriggers in SD. Even when offshore, four rods is enough and can be run without the outriggers. My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Hucky

Feb 22, 2016
Flagstaff, Az
Name
Chris Harkey
Boat
2004 2101 Seaswirl Striper
I have mostly been fishing out of San Carlos Mexico, but this year I am going to try and do some trips to SD. The main reason that I was looking into outriggers is because I mostly fish by myself (My wife gets super sea sick) and had a lot of tangling issues when I hooked up. I thought that if i pushed two of those lines out I my not have that issue as much.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    I was looking at $1,500 + for a new set of outriggers then I saw these on a few boats and going to try them first.

Amazon product

Upvote 0

skipjack

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Oct 20, 2004
    santa maria
    Name
    skip
    Boat
    2320 Parker "Donna Marie"
    I have fiberglass 12'ers on my skipjack.
    The lines on the outriggers run just outside of the wake,in the clean water.
    Trolling for albacore,they get 50%+ of the hits.
    Your trolling spread will be way wider,I like using them.

Upvote 0

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
    laguna niguel
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Henriques 28 Express
    This is will be one of your best purchases. Out outriggers open up your trolling spread. As another poster said, most of your bites will be off the rigger line. There are many T Top options. I bought Precision riggers and Maximizers for my new boat. Buy stiff riggers.

Upvote 0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Fort Lauderdale
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Sea Vee
    I would get tigress outriggers. They have something called tigress track it keeps the outriggers straight easy to use.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

oceanjake

May 10, 2005
    Long Beach
    Name
    Jake
    Boat
    36’ Tiara Express
    Precision marine riggers and maximizers are my vote as well. Locally made and they will take care of you in person should you have a problem.

Reactions: elliott 53
    Upvote 0