Outing a member ?

James Walls

Jun 27, 2019
Watsonville, Ca
Name
Jim
Boat
21ft Striper
So I agreed to buy a fishing rod from a member June 10th. Since I was going through southern cal to San Diego for a 3 day trip, we agreed I would pick up the rod at his place.
Four days prior to pickup (trip was July 24th), he notified me the rod was locked up in his moms storage locker and he had no way of getting it. He offered to loan me a rod, ship the rod to me although it would be two weeks after my trip or a refund. I chose a refund and he agreed.
It took me until Sept 4th to get a partial refund after 4 request, each time a different excuse. Im still owed $125 and that was promised a couple days after September 4th and have yet to see anything. Text message went unanswered.
Just want to get some feedback ..I think 2 months to get repaid is not ok..Im not going to out him on here yet.

Sep 10, 2016
Seal Beach
Name
Rob
Boat
Boston Whaler Justice
So I agreed to buy a fishing rod from a member June 10th. Since I was going through southern cal to San Diego for a 3 day trip, we agreed I would pick up the rod at his place.
Four days prior to pickup (trip was July 24th), he notified me the rod was locked up in his moms storage locker and he had no way of getting it. He offered to loan me a rod, ship the rod to me although it would be two weeks after my trip or a refund. I chose a refund and he agreed.
It took me until Sept 4th to get a partial refund after 4 request, each time a different excuse. Im still owed $125 and that was promised a couple days after September 4th and have yet to see anything. Text message went unanswered.
Just want to get some feedback ..I think 2 months to get repaid is not ok..Im not going to out him on here yet.

Save another member from the hassle...

If he stopped responding on the 4th... and its already the 21st...

Odds are you're going to be out $125...

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
Apr 5, 2015
San marcos
Name
Jay
Boat
16' blue fin "paddy sniffer" 18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
If you paid with PayPal I’d have them repo your $. They seem to like doing it. Then they get another fee when you spend the money again. Bummer about the $ though.

simmo13

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 12, 2010
Pacific ocean
Name
Simmo
Boat
Looking
Theres more good people than idiots. But when u have to deal with one golly its no fun. They have to live w guilt. I hope he does the right thing.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Post him up. We're trying to get rid of the scammers and the bullshit artists.

dctalk523

Dec 28, 2007
County of Orange
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Why did you pay for the rod before getting the rod in your hands. Out the clown with contact info. I hope you get your money back.

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
Out with the members name already.. let's get on with it. Save me from possibly having to deal with this asshole.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Why did you pay for the rod before getting the rod in your hands. Out the clown with contact info. I hope you get your money back.
My thoughts exactly...pt barnum was right

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
I had an issue similar to this with a jig purchase. It was finally resolved when I got the BD’s community involved. It is absolutely amazing how much pressure the membership can exert on those not fulfilling their obligations.

Enough is enough already......post him up and get him recognized.

Reactions: jer dog

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
What are you scared of? Call him out!

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I say put his name on here , or just Delete this Thread,
because this only is hurting the good guys that Sale ,
till you do.

Xue

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Xue
Boat
None
I totally understand some situations that just plain happen that we almost never anticipate.

Like the time my kid took a reel I had sold and threw it in the recycle bin because I had it in a plain brown box ready to ship. It was recycle day and by the time it was figured out the truck had already come through. At that point I became a crook. But, the money should be returned ASAP no matter what.

We are actually a small community that eventually deal with one another if we are active in the sport, so we need to not burn any bridges.

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
What did you think would happen when you started the thread? Mercy? Shame him with the threat of outing his behavior? Has it worked yet? Did you get your money?