Outing a member ?

James Walls

Jun 27, 2019
Watsonville, Ca
Name
Jim
Boat
21ft Striper
So I agreed to buy a fishing rod from a member June 10th. Since I was going through southern cal to San Diego for a 3 day trip, we agreed I would pick up the rod at his place.
Four days prior to pickup (trip was July 24th), he notified me the rod was locked up in his moms storage locker and he had no way of getting it. He offered to loan me a rod, ship the rod to me although it would be two weeks after my trip or a refund. I chose a refund and he agreed.
It took me until Sept 4th to get a partial refund after 4 request, each time a different excuse. Im still owed $125 and that was promised a couple days after September 4th and have yet to see anything. Text message went unanswered.
Just want to get some feedback ..I think 2 months to get repaid is not ok..Im not going to out him on here yet.

Sep 10, 2016
Seal Beach
Name
Rob
Boat
Boston Whaler Justice
So I agreed to buy a fishing rod from a member June 10th. Since I was going through southern cal to San Diego for a 3 day trip, we agreed I would pick up the rod at his place.
Four days prior to pickup (trip was July 24th), he notified me the rod was locked up in his moms storage locker and he had no way of getting it. He offered to loan me a rod, ship the rod to me although it would be two weeks after my trip or a refund. I chose a refund and he agreed.
It took me until Sept 4th to get a partial refund after 4 request, each time a different excuse. Im still owed $125 and that was promised a couple days after September 4th and have yet to see anything. Text message went unanswered.
Just want to get some feedback ..I think 2 months to get repaid is not ok..Im not going to out him on here yet.

Save another member from the hassle...

If he stopped responding on the 4th... and its already the 21st...

Odds are you're going to be out $125...

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
  • Apr 5, 2015
    San marcos
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
    If you paid with PayPal I’d have them repo your $. They seem to like doing it. Then they get another fee when you spend the money again. Bummer about the $ though.

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 12, 2010
    Lb inshore
    Name
    Simmo
    Boat
    19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
    Theres more good people than idiots. But when u have to deal with one golly its no fun. They have to live w guilt. I hope he does the right thing.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Post him up. We're trying to get rid of the scammers and the bullshit artists.

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat
    Never
    Why did you pay for the rod before getting the rod in your hands. Out the clown with contact info. I hope you get your money back.

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    Why did you pay for the rod before getting the rod in your hands. Out the clown with contact info. I hope you get your money back.
    My thoughts exactly...pt barnum was right

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
    May 19, 2006
    Crowley Lake, CA
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    Gone but not forgotten
    I had an issue similar to this with a jig purchase. It was finally resolved when I got the BD’s community involved. It is absolutely amazing how much pressure the membership can exert on those not fulfilling their obligations.

Enough is enough already......post him up and get him recognized.

Reactions: jer dog

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    What are you scared of? Call him out!

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I say put his name on here , or just Delete this Thread,
    because this only is hurting the good guys that Sale ,
    till you do.

Xue

Jan 3, 2015
    Name
    Xue
    Boat
    None
    I totally understand some situations that just plain happen that we almost never anticipate.

Like the time my kid took a reel I had sold and threw it in the recycle bin because I had it in a plain brown box ready to ship. It was recycle day and by the time it was figured out the truck had already come through. At that point I became a crook. But, the money should be returned ASAP no matter what.

We are actually a small community that eventually deal with one another if we are active in the sport, so we need to not burn any bridges.

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    What did you think would happen when you started the thread? Mercy? Shame him with the threat of outing his behavior? Has it worked yet? Did you get your money?