Artois

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
Found out when I applied for Medicare that Medicare, and many supplements, do not cover you for out of the country healthcare. I mention it here because I know many of you are old like me. I was able to get a five day police for around $57.00. Most likely won't need it but I can't imagine how much a Mexican evac and hospotal stay would be. I'm not providing the name of the carrier I chose because this is to inform, not to promote.

Reactions: RichG

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
So what did you inform us of ? people ask insurance questions all the time and get recommendations.

Artois

Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
So what did you inform us of ? people ask insurance questions all the time and get recommendations.
Pretty simple. Medicare doesn't cover out of country so ask your insurance agent about coverage. The only thing I didn't mention was the name of the carrier I used because its irrelevant.

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
The last time I purchased trip insurance it included med evac coverage. You might check into that.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
found out about that with my Mom vacationing in Canada. no medicare coverage. they wanted 1500 up front and then we had to send that bill to her supplemental carrier.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Suggested by several Long Range outfits is Dawson and Associates Insurance Agency. I buy a one year travel insurance plan for any and all trips. Flights, fishing trips, cruise. All covered for cancellations with a proper reason, not just “changed my mind” Accident and med-evac insurance covered. Check it out.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Suggested by several Long Range outfits is Dawson and Associates Insurance Agency. I buy a one year travel insurance plan for any and all trips. Flights, fishing trips, cruise. All covered for cancellations with a proper reason, not just “changed my mind” Accident and med-evac insurance covered. Check it out.
Does it include health care, Steve?

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Does it include health care, Steve?
Yes, for hospitalization. Check it out, they’re easy to talk to.

If you’re interested, I can track down an email with an attached PDF.

Reactions: wils and Mean Gene

Texlee

Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
Thanks Steve. That's good information. I buy travel insurance every year...but to me what they charge is too much. I will check with Dawson this year. Tex.