Our new parker 2501 build up, and rigging!

Parker Boats

Rockcod

Almost A Member
Oct 22, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 25
First off I was stoked to see West Coast Marine host this forum! My boat partner Neil Barbour and I recently purchased our dream boat from Kevin Kelly and the boys at West Coast. A 2501 center console with a 300hp yamaha outboard. Previously I had a bay runner, and Neil had a 19 triumph. The fishing we do the most is local yellowtail. We make lots of afternoon, after work surface iron missions. But we also do plenty of Seabass fishing, island runs, and in the summer lots of offshore trips. After tons of research, questions and photos, we knew we wanted a big, comfortable, offshore capable center console. We chose to go Parker due to the simple but heavy duty layout, easy to clean, commercial style boats with great resale value. While there is no debating how nice the most popular pilot house option is for your dry ride home. We chose the center console for the insane fishing room, and perfect platform for plug fishing yellows! Our purchasing experience was insanely easy, and Kevin kept us well informed during every step of the process. We received e-mails and photos every time there was anything to update. We opted to order our boat with very little options, as we wanted to use all Southern California fabricators and a accessory dealers.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

After receiving the boat our first step in the rigging process was finding the perfect bait tank. We only had one criteria in mind for a bait tank, it needed to hold LOTS of bait. There are several very good custom tank manufacturers in souther California, but for us we knew from the start we wanted the best. Pacific Edge. I called Mark, told him the boat we had, the space we had, and that we wanted a big ass tank! His recommendation was a brand new model the PE80SDI. Which stands for Pacific Edge, 80 gallon, single tank, dual inlets. The new dual inlet design allows for better flow and water circulation, on the larger single tanks. Pacific edge not only builds great tanks, but Mark is a master installer. Our parker 25 has a stock bait tank in the transom, and had a second tank that Mark removed. Both tanks came from the factory with separate thur hull pick ups and pumps. Seeing this, Mark suggested that he build a manifold system that would allow us use either pump to push water to ether tank. This way if we were on the water and a pump died, or sucked in a bag, etc. with the twist of a valve we can use the other pump to keep the tank going. He also put in a large strainer to keep eel grass, squid, etc. out of our pump. As with all Pacific edge installs Mark did and amazing install. Hope you enjoy the photos!

Our new tank!
image.jpg

Mark checking out the space he will have to work with
image.jpg

Mark getting ready to remove the factory tank, with his "tools of mass destruction" he said the removal actually went very well, and came up with no damage to the original tank.
image.jpg

With the old tank up, it was time to fit the new PE80SDI
image.jpg

Manifold system and pump & strainer system, both mounted to starboard and neatly installed in the bilge area.
image.jpg

Finished product! Our custom Pacific Edge PE80SDI. Couldn't possibly be happier with this entire process. Mark was great, easy to work with, and his tanks are second to none. His install is so clean!!! Can't wait for the summer to roll around and have enough bait capacity to actually get to chum when the time comes!
image.jpg

Next step for us will be electronics and metal fabrication. We chose to go with a full SIMRAD package, and are in the works of metal fab. As we speak. We'll continue to update this thread as the build moves forward!

And a huge thanks again to Kevin and the boys at West Coast Marine, this was a major purchase for us, and they made every step easy! From start to finish our experience was fantastic. image.jpg

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Keep us posted! Im about to start a similar thread. Picked up a bare 2320 and went through similar steps as you! looking forward reading through this!

Reactions: Rockcod
Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Congrats Ricky. Super stoked for you.

80 gallons? You're silly. I like that. Keep us posted.

Upvote 0

koubster

The Juice
May 30, 2009
Brentwood ca
Name
Orenthal james Simpson
Boat
SS white bronco
Killer sled Rick, no doubt you and Neal will do ok on it... with that tank all the kayakers will now roll up for free bait scoops at 2am hahahahaha

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Nice rig, congrats. Where will you sit? Are you creating a lean post or seat around or off the tank? Enjoy the journey.

Upvote 0

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
Hall pass
Which simrad system did u go with? Just had ours installed and its so sick!

image.jpg

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
First off I was stoked to see West Coast Marine host this forum! My boat partner Neil Barbour and I recently purchased our dream boat from Kevin Kelly and the boys at West Coast. A 2501 center console with a 300hp yamaha outboard. Previously I had a bay runner, and Neil had a 19 triumph. The fishing we do the most is local yellowtail. We make lots of afternoon, after work surface iron missions. But we also do plenty of Seabass fishing, island runs, and in the summer lots of offshore trips. After tons of research, questions and photos, we knew we wanted a big, comfortable, offshore capable center console. We chose to go Parker due to the simple but heavy duty layout, easy to clean, commercial style boats with great resale value. While there is no debating how nice the most popular pilot house option is for your dry ride home. We chose the center console for the insane fishing room, and perfect platform for plug fishing yellows! Our purchasing experience was insanely easy, and Kevin kept us well informed during every step of the process. We received e-mails and photos every time there was anything to update. We opted to order our boat with very little options, as we wanted to use all Southern California fabricators and a accessory dealers.
View attachment 745011
View attachment 745013
View attachment 745012

After receiving the boat our first step in the rigging process was finding the perfect bait tank. We only had one criteria in mind for a bait tank, it needed to hold LOTS of bait. There are several very good custom tank manufacturers in souther California, but for us we knew from the start we wanted the best. Pacific Edge. I called Mark, told him the boat we had, the space we had, and that we wanted a big ass tank! His recommendation was a brand new model the PE80SDI. Which stands for Pacific Edge, 80 gallon, single tank, dual inlets. The new dual inlet design allows for better flow and water circulation, on the larger single tanks. Pacific edge not only builds great tanks, but Mark is a master installer. Our parker 25 has a stock bait tank in the transom, and had a second tank that Mark removed. Both tanks came from the factory with separate thur hull pick ups and pumps. Seeing this, Mark suggested that he build a manifold system that would allow us use either pump to push water to ether tank. This way if we were on the water and a pump died, or sucked in a bag, etc. with the twist of a valve we can use the other pump to keep the tank going. He also put in a large strainer to keep eel grass, squid, etc. out of our pump. As with all Pacific edge installs Mark did and amazing install. Hope you enjoy the photos!

Our new tank!
View attachment 745015
Mark checking out the space he will have to work with
View attachment 745016

Mark getting ready to remove the factory tank, with his "tools of mass destruction" he said the removal actually went very well, and came up with no damage to the original tank.
View attachment 745018

With the old tank up, it was time to fit the new PE80SDI
View attachment 745019

Manifold system and pump & strainer system, both mounted to starboard and neatly installed in the bilge area.
View attachment 745020

Finished product! Our custom Pacific Edge PE80SDI. Couldn't possibly be happier with this entire process. Mark was great, easy to work with, and his tanks are second to none. His install is so clean!!! Can't wait for the summer to roll around and have enough bait capacity to actually get to chum when the time comes!
View attachment 745024

Next step for us will be electronics and metal fabrication. We chose to go with a full SIMRAD package, and are in the works of metal fab. As we speak. We'll continue to update this thread as the build moves forward!

And a huge thanks again to Kevin and the boys at West Coast Marine, this was a major purchase for us, and they made every step easy! From start to finish our experience was fantastic. View attachment 745014
Congrats Ricky , that Is a Sick looking boat, now you just need
to Find some Guys that can Fish to get it Bloody, LOL

Upvote 0

Ripnsumlip

Hooooook upppppp!!!!
Jul 8, 2007
SoCal
Name
Paul
Boat
Edgewater 265CC
That's going to be one BAD ASS fishing machine when you're done rigging that Bad Boy.................... Congratulations!!!! Hope to see you out there this season...

Upvote 0

Rockcod

Almost A Member
Oct 22, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 25
Nice rig, congrats. Where will you sit? Are you creating a lean post or seat around or off the tank? Enjoy the journey.

Yes, we are doing a lean pad/bench/backrest that fits around the tank. Steve Dagroote the master fabricator is working on the final design as we speak!
image.jpg

Reactions: Fishingguy
Upvote 0

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
Hall pass
We went with an NSS Evo 2 12" and a 9" both in the dash, 4g radar, auto pilot, and (2) 1kw transducers. They actually all arrived last night!!!

You are gonna be so stoked! We just installed the 4g radar also And did our trial run in the thick fog 2 weeks ago. Worked flawlessly. We heard there was a boat doing donuts for hours somewhere in the harbor cause he couldn't see after pushing off the dock.

Reactions: Rockcod
Upvote 0

Rockcod

Almost A Member
Oct 22, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 25
any updates on the build

The Simrad boxes are all stacked up at the house, install was going to happen last week, but our installer had sonthing come up, and new install date is March 16. I'll try to snap a bunch of pics while we're doing the electronics. In the meantime, we just keep fishing blind!

Reactions: errock_22
Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Congrats Ricky, always loved Parker CC's...
Stoked!

Upvote 0

Rockcod

Almost A Member
Oct 22, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 25
Electronics update!

Things are moving along slowly but surely with the EZ ACCESS in regards to the rigging process. If we would just stop fishing we would probably have been done a long time ago, but we bought our new parker to fish, so that's what we do! Here is what has been done so far... We installed our SIMRAD multi function displays in the dash (NSS EVO II 12" & 9") as well as the RS35 radio.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The AP24 autopilot module will go in the space under the main 12" display. But is on back order, and should arrive sometime later this week.

Next was the Transducer install, although a lot of the new technology has gone to CHIRP, We chose to stay with the familiar standard 50/200 transducer. The Airmar B164 1kw 20* tilt.
For sure the hardest part was watching the 3 3/4" hole saw go into the bottom of the boat!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Next was time to apply the sealant. In our case it was 3m 4000
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Finished product! We've still got plenty to go. metal Fab, auto pilot, 4g Radar, etc. but with the yellows and now bluefin biting, I can't promise you when we will get to any of it!!!

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Why wouldnt you do 5200 for the transducer. Below the waterline for one. And to you really ever plan to remove the transducer anytime soon?

Upvote 0

Rockcod

Almost A Member
    Oct 22, 2005
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 25
    Why wouldnt you do 5200 for the transducer. Below the waterline for one. And to you really ever plan to remove the transducer anytime soon?

Simply for that reason. Removal. 4000 creates a waterproof seal but is removable. Not that we are expecting any problems, but transducers can go bad, technology can change, etc. the permanent bond of 5200 can cause a lot of other issues down the road when trying to remove. Not that it's a bad choice, but that's why we went with 4000.

Reactions: Gil Marlin
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Is the bait tank(I'm guessing)) pick-up forward or aft of the transducer? I'm worrying about whether the water flow will be "clean" at the transducer or causing interference. It looks awfully close.

Reactions: Northeastfshman
    Upvote 0

Rockcod

Almost A Member
    Oct 22, 2005
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 25
    Is the bait tank(I'm guessing)) pick-up forward or aft of the transducer? I'm worrying about whether the water flow will be "clean" at the transducer or causing interference. It looks awfully close.
    The pick up is aft of the transducer...

Upvote 0