Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Everyone should just quit , I’m booking a trip on the new and have a 2 day on the 28th ...

Anywhoo gone fishing , heading to Catalina :D

Tar Pit

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.
I have a friend on the Excalibur this weekend so I was checking the counts. I had no idea the counts were so bad.

bajachild

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 13, 2005
so. cal
Name
mike
Boat
2019 Montauk 170
Did 93m Friday. Corner. 43. 68d at the 43. Nothing. Chatter on 72 was pissed there were no fish.

strackle99

Mar 20, 2008
Villa Lepro, Baja
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
I am headed out Monday... looks like we will be on the hunt. Those are some ugly numbers.

Reactions: lougio

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
empty ocean yesterday no fish no where.....crazy day......but the boat ran great....
had two or three short bites on the troll for us that was it , conditions were sloppy, drift to fast for bottom fish...
I saved a lot for fuel listening to the reports on the radio nobody was doing anything,,so stayed close,
still getting out on the pond was good...
over and out..

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
When I worked on the Queen, during tuna season, we would talk on the radio and refer to the tough days as a "2,3, and even 4 pack" days.

Reactions: ripped

Ralph Hammond

SeaSquatch
Aug 29, 2018
La Crescenta CA
Name
Ralph ‘Lb’ H.
Boat
Outrider-Mirage-Excel-Shogun-Endeavor
Hoping the moon phase changes things up here. Heading out Tuesday evening on the Pegasus for a 2.5 day trip. Think I may bring some extra beverages.... just ... in..... case.....

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
Hoping the moon phase changes things up here. Heading out Tuesday evening on the Pegasus for a 2.5 day trip. Think I may bring some extra beverages.... just ... in..... case.....
How does the Moon phase affect fishing? What is the good time and what is the bad time?

• Haha
Reactions: Ralph Hammond

Dudley613

May 20, 2015
Inyotuckee CA
Name
Chris
Boat
21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open

Ralph Hammond

SeaSquatch
Aug 29, 2018
La Crescenta CA
Name
Ralph ‘Lb’ H.
Boat
Outrider-Mirage-Excel-Shogun-Endeavor
How does the Moon phase affect fishing? What is the good time and what is the bad time?
I have zero idea. But I tend to try to fish new moon phases. Usually works for me anyway. I’ve also fished during the full moon, and it sucked. So, just my system.

heman

Apr 23, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Name
heman
Boat
\___/
Liberty from fisherman landing is worse!!! They have theeee worst luck!! Another day with only one fish..... fish are quite the escape artist....
They all go through their ups and downs. But I'd ride on the Liberty any time... I've had fantastic fishing with Capt Taro and his crew more times than not over the past 5 years.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
When it comes to bluefin.
They have huge eyes because they run a bit deeper that YFT. Those eyes help them see at night.
When the moon is up and bright, the BF can feed at night.