May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
big boys on squid.
drifting for the last 4 hours.
7-25lb class yellows for the boys and I.
still fishing 315pm. just had a double!
pictures to follow
glen

Report:
Found the fish around the high tide, back at Hen Rock area. after sticking it out at Empire for the 8-1030am time slot, decided to recheck Hen/whites area.
great current and great fishing with roughly 100 calicos (all releases some keepers in the mix though) and 6 nice yellows and a rat.
I’m happy to share any info. after we caught our first 2 fish, we called in a couple boats and naturally, more followed. never did anyone not act like human beings. it was an awesome 3 plus hour drift and reset for my boat with my 3 boys and one of their buddies.
I was showing another friend in his boat the island so he got to partake as well.
Live squid from Carnage at avalon (likely again tomorrow), 20-30lb too shots and straight mono setups with 1/4 ounce or half ounce sliders and just lead heads. more current, more weight. less current, less weight.
first the calicos would smash, and every so often the Yellows just couldn’t sit back and watch then eat the candy bait, they would join in.
lost 4.
2 teenager boys for their first yellows.
my first yellows on my new boat.
Older son leaving to Homer for Hakobut charter work this Saturday. we wanted to get the decks bloody with the right kind prior and we got it done!
water 66.5
i don’t care about showing the spot or telling anything to anyone that enables catching more fish. more catching means more good people fishing for our rights to fish!

B0CD8B2F-BD8B-4E12-8802-17C3BA86AE58.jpeg

2E5040FA-2FC7-4D7E-A0B4-87B5118D8C97.jpeg

39F0FC99-1DD4-4EEC-8A23-740513D03A56.jpeg

3A0883A5-E64D-4410-B983-D82098385DEE.jpeg

Last edited:

jbl_91762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
best live report lol! Sounds like the yellows are making there way around the island. Damn to go or not to go this weekend....Fish or Golf.

jazbo

Mar 13, 2012
Aliso Viejo
Name
Jason
Boat
NA
Thank you for the otw report! Is that 4th of July cove behind him? Going over tomorrow so some intel would be very much appreciated!

jmoonfish

Moonfish Maniac
Nov 23, 2007
Irvine
Name
Jeff Moon
Boat
N/A
Nice grade of early season fish... all on candy or would they bite the jigs? Depth? Area? Thanks for any intel you wish to share... tight lines and stay safe! 🎣

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
"Alex - name that cove for $1,000"

Take fresh fish pics pointing offshore - Rule #115
seriously?
who gives a shit.
anyone able to report or wants to report to help out a fellow fisherman, can and should tell as much info as possible. I don’t do this for money, for instagram points or value, nothing, but because I want to help and share the news however I can. I wish I could help more.
if someone can drive to the fish tomorrow morning because of this post, awesome. but we all know fish don’t hardly ever bite in the same place, 2 days in a row... or do they?;)

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Skipjack 24FB, AD41P diesel
Congrats on your very nice day & thanks for the straight up quality intel. My wife & I will be frontside tomorrow and likely Saturday on our Skipjack 24FB. See ya on the water...
Jeff

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
What a great day, maybe the best day ever because of the memories made. Those boys will not forget the day they went WFO on Calicos and how hard the YTs pull.

Really appreciate the intel on your report. I'm seeing more and more reports where guys are sharing good intel...and I like that we are helping each other out more.

:jig:

Reactions: Tom123

T Shark

Jun 15, 2007
So Cal
Name
Michael
Boat
My Medication
Awesome trip! Thanks for the report

Hollis Harris

Jul 6, 2017
Riverside, ca
Name
Randy
Boat
Sea hunt
Thanks Glen for an honest report, My daughter and I are heading to the island Saturday and this is great information :)

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
Great job guys! I was at Hen Rock on Wednesday for a while. Didn't see or catch squat. Timing is everything, I guess, Congrats!

BeachedBeaver

Apr 25, 2019
Socal
Name
Kenny
Boat
No boat.
Whites cove is where I nabbed a #275 BSB (wasn't targeted) and released very strong and kicking hard. so the Backside produced for you guys? I was headed to the frontside a little passed the (VVV's) for some of those WSB. if anyone wants to team work the island this weekend I will have zero problem calling out what I see. its shitty when you run from hen rock to the v's on pure hope. DM ill give you a little info on how to reach us. ill be out there for the next 2 days fishing hard if anyone else is making the run to SCI

Reactions: json

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Awesome report! That group shot is killer.