osprey went under the knife. #completed#

Jeffsk7

Jan 5, 2011
Port Orchard/wa/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
24 Osprey-Thirsty
Got the tank in! Ended up using dri deck to keep the tank off the floor. Now it's time to put it all back together. Should be ready for the LA Push shit show in May. I heard Gene got fired or something so we will see if I have a spot.
IMG_20150326_181430.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffsk7

Jan 5, 2011
Port Orchard/wa/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
24 Osprey-Thirsty
My brother Joel has got lots of work done! Its amazing how long some of the small things take. But we are almost there. Got tank mounted, flanges on, fuel fill and breather installed, new fuel line ran, and bulkhead partially secured. God damn I'm ready to put the floor back in and start fishing again.
0418151309.jpg

Reactions: blackelk
Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Awesome Job Dude!

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    very nice.. congrats on a successful project

Upvote 0

archy99

Almost A Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Geoff
    Boat
    26' Clippercraft - PENCILS DOWN
    Its weird that rubber would be an issue. My fuel sending unit had a rubber gasket and the area under it looked good. I'm just trying to go the easy route because I have the rubber. Hdpe gets spendy. But sounds like hdpe is a better option. Son of a bitch.

Check TAP Plastic's scrap bin...they almost always have some bits in there that can be turned into something useful...small bait tables, etc.

Edit: Guess I should read all the way to the end before posting. Sheesh.
    Looks great! Glad you'll be able to get out for the hali opener.

Upvote 0

Jlgrams

Jan 12, 2021
    Hoonah, Ak
    Name
    Jared
    Boat
    26 Osprey
    Got the tank in! Ended up using dri deck to keep the tank off the floor. Now it's time to put it all back together. Should be ready for the LA Push shit show in May. I heard Gene got fired or something so we will see if I have a spot.
    View attachment 580325
    Doing this same thing on my osprey, could sure use some help. How did you get fuel fill off and put it back on.

Upvote 0