Osprey tries to steal my swimbait(VIDEO)

Shaka760

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
Up close and personal with those talons was a rad experience! Those talons are HUGE!!! Badass raptors for sure!!!

Chompot

Mar 27, 2010
Colorado
Name
Nick
Boat
Float Tube
That was fuckin awesome. Osprey's are a bad ass raptor. I have to thank you for taking care of the bird correctly. A lot of dudes wouldn't have the balls to even get close.

.... a slide swimmer might be worth it though! haha

I have seen Osprey's hit the punkers a time or two. They can do some damage to the wood punker. Any damage to the bait?

fshholc

Jul 18, 2005
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Jay
Boat
sold
That's always cool. I've had spotted bay bass taken twice by Osprey in the back of San Diego Bay.

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
Super video! At least they cant dive underwater like those frikken cormorants at coronado island

The Fish Seeker

Fish Killer
Nov 4, 2003
Southern Cal
Visit site
Name
Rick
Boat
21' Kencraft centre console
Dude,
I LOST a 15" Castaic surface swimbait to an osprey at San Vicinte. The ospreys talons must have nicked my line as my line broke when fighting the bird. I would have loved to be watching when it decided to take a bite of the rubber bait for lunch.

Shaka760

Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
That was fuckin awesome. Osprey's are a bad ass raptor. I have to thank you for taking care of the bird correctly. A lot of dudes wouldn't have the balls to even get close.

.... a slide swimmer might be worth it though! haha

I have seen Osprey's hit the punkers a time or two. They can do some damage to the wood punker. Any damage to the bait?

The bait was okay... a few nicks, but now the bait has real character!!!:rofl:

jock

Sloth-donkey
Sep 8, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Andrew
Boat
80' tractor tug
I had one of those fuckers almost hit ME trying to grab a wake bait shore pounding once. Haven't had to tango with one yet. Even luckier I didn't have to tango with a bald eagle that wanted to eat a punker up here in norcal!

Yumatym

Aug 18, 2009
HB CA
Name
Tee Dee
Boat
Yep
Very respectful way you handled that bird. My hats off to you, TRUE sportsman.
Thanks for reppin the sport well.

Shaka760

Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
Very respectful way you handled that bird. My hats off to you, TRUE sportsman.
Thanks for reppin the sport well.
Yeah, I tried to de as gentle as possible and shake it loose before it got hooked. Unfortunately it did, so I had to do some impromptu surgery! Super cool bird up close, and I really feel that he knew I was trying to help and stayed pretty calm during the whole thing!!!

Juny

Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Woah! Crazy footage!

Rude Baits

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 22, 2012
SD
Name
Tony
Boat
-
Epic video. That top water strike was intense! You handled the situation like a champ. I really liked the salute/ wave goodbye. A sign of appreciation for nature and the outdoors. A true sportsman and a class act.

PS - I really dig your videos and reports. Keep them coming.