PENN

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
This is a classic BD post in many ways...

1. The story its self
2. The nay sayers
3. The guys defending the story teller and its actuality
4. The guys calling out the drinking and driving
5. The guys calling out the gear used
6. The guys calling out the friendship
7. The guys defending the friendship bond
8. Some name calling

Now all we need is some good old fashion key board tough guy talk.

LOL

I will kick the whole worlds ass with one hand tied behind my back!! Lol.... ;)

Upvote 0

Captfishkiller

Almost A Member
Jun 27, 2008
Oceanside/Ca/USA
Name
Tony Domenico
Boat
36 Jersey "No Worries"
Best report I have read in a long time, still laughing! I have a friend who, when ever he goes fishing on my boat he gets plastered, he becomes useless to the team effort and a danger to himself, I quit asking him to go.... Problem solved

Reactions: Bondrvr
Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
This is a classic BD post in many ways...

1. The story its self
2. The nay sayers
3. The guys defending the story teller and its actuality
4. The guys calling out the drinking and driving
5. The guys calling out the gear used
6. The guys calling out the friendship
7. The guys defending the friendship bond
8. Some name calling

Now all we need is some good old fashion key board tough guy talk.

LOL

My dad/mom/big sister is gonna kick your ass for posting that! LOL

9. Internet Tough Guy
10. Gratuitous hot ass in Bikini
11. The guys saying they/Saluki would hit it.

ps Photos of swimming in Poo/Barf or BS. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: REELCLOSE
Upvote 0

smazza123

1997 Spectrum great riding skiff
Aug 29, 2014
Oceanside
Name
steve mazza
Boat
19' spectrum
That is really too funny. Story of the year. Don't know about you all but I like to have the beers on the trip back. No shade on my rig so lots of water for sure. I would offer to take him on my 19 foot boat and see how well he drinks going 25 in open ocean. Had one guy on my boat that decided it would be a good idea to start drinking at 4:30 am. By the time we where getting ready to launch he was ripped. I left him at the dock. I like 60 dollars a year for liability insurance and enjoy taking first timers. I am the skipper and no stupid ass is going to rob me of time on the water. If someone gets hurt on my boat its on me. As the rest of you know we all work hard to put our guests on the fish with the correct setup and approach. I only ask for a little consideration when doing so.

Still dam funny.

Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
That is really too funny. Story of the year. Don't know about you all but I like to have the beers on the trip back. No shade on my rig so lots of water for sure. I would offer to take him on my 19 foot boat and see how well he drinks going 25 in open ocean. Had one guy on my boat that decided it would be a good idea to start drinking at 4:30 am. By the time we where getting ready to launch he was ripped. I left him at the dock. I like 60 dollars a year for liability insurance and enjoy taking first timers. I am the skipper and no stupid ass is going to rob me of time on the water. If someone gets hurt on my boat its on me. As the rest of you know we all work hard to put our guests on the fish with the correct setup and approach. I only ask for a little consideration when doing so.

Still dam funny.

Trust me you'd be supprised....he can time a gulp of beer with swell hopping perfectly!!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I dunno...his expression looks more like he just got a wiff of bruce jenners vagina LOL................too soon?

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    You guy's P.M. me when you need an extra hand. I'll fish any day, anytime with guys with a sense of humor like that. Oh, I can be the designated driver too.

You'll be wiping ass and scrubbing vomit after every trip!!!!!

Upvote 0

mc08066

Jan 24, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat
    kayak
    First of all thank you for sharing. Still laughing with tears. Having a laugh at your friend is
    Priceless. Remember payback is hell and it is coming back at you.

Upvote 0

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
    Jul 22, 2008
    SD County
    Name
    Randall
    Boat
    27x10
    I Hate to do this.....fuck it no I don't! Launched at about 5:15am "that guy" immediately starts drinking the Bloody Mary he made in a water bottle before we left his house (smelled like mostly vodka to me but whatever) . Got bait and started towards the harbor mouth out comes a beer for "that guy".

The plan was to head straight west troll around the ten mile mark and look for signs. We had agreed the night before we would stay in general area and look for the right signs. Not to be.....

"That guys" drunkenness from the night before has already set firmly back in as we are following a SW compass heading in the fog and another beer pops open...."fish are deep south" he says when I ask why we are going the wrong direction. "How do you know?" I ask. "Trust me, my instinct never fails"......"you're boat" says I knowing fish have been all up and down the coast.

After motoring along for a couple more beers and some shit talking on the radio "that guy" comes to a stop and decides it's time to start the troll. Right on! Here's where it all goes to shit (literally) and gets funny has hell!

"That guy" deploys the outriggers, sets a rod with a ceadar plug dangling from the line in the port side rod holder, goes to reach out for the line and as I'm watching loses his balance and goes, flailing reaching for something to grab onto, head over heals into the water!!! He immediately grabs the side of the boat with a look of surprise and shock on his face.

"You ok?" I ask. "Yes but I think I pooped." He says....... I start busting a gut with uncontrollable laughter but manage to get out a "what did you say?". He responds "yep.......I'm pretty sure I pooped....oh God I gotta poop right now!!". Before I could respond poop is floating up all around "that guy"......the sight of him wallowing in his own shit was all I could take.......I let loose with my own expelling of stomache contents in the form of two short but solid bursts of projectile vomit. But, again start cracking up as he looks around himself and says "oh no! I gotta get away from all this" and starts working hand over hand down the tunnel away from his shit and my puke

He pulls himself back aboard and drinks another beer as we drift in the lonley stillness of the morning fog....neither one of us speaking....silence only being broken by my uncontrolled laughter as I replayed what just happened over and over in my mind.

We finally get back on the move and trolling...

After about ten minutes I realize we are heading east. I verify with a compass check. Ok I figure we are gonna box around and keep an eye out. We keep heading east....

After twenty minutes I ask "that guy" his intentions.....no response. Ask again.....no response. Ten more minutes go by....

Anyway......we end up in front of Ponto Beach. From then on I knew there was no hope and I was just gonna go along for the ride with "that guy"

The rest of the day he drank beer, talked shit on the radio, swam and occasionally attempted to fish as we zig-zagged leisurely back to Oceanside.

I managed two decent sand bass (released).

"That guy" is one of my best friends in the world and this is a first for me seeing him act like this.

Sorry for the long story and not much of a report but figured some might get a good laugh out of it.

Moral of the story? Don't be that guy!!

Tight lines.....

View attachment 616384

View attachment 616378

Ok, I have to ask;

1- are you old enough to remember the days when a man overboard was considered a bad thing?
    2- are your seamanship skills good enough to handle that situation had it went slightly different?
    3- if you were deploying a cedar plug, why is the boat stationary in the photo?
    4- if that is the port side as stated in paragraph 5, then why is the rod facing forward and inboard?
    5- would you still be laughing about this had your buddy been chopped up by the prop or sunk out like a piece of chunk bait?
    6- since you "figured some might get a good laugh out of it", do you realize most will be laughing at you, not with you?
    7- do you and your buddy have a plan to prevent a man overboard in the future or should we plan on reading about you when you become a statistic?

This thread gets my vote for most irresponsible boater of the year award. Probably should make sure you give your kid a hug before boating with "that guy" again.:confused:

Upvote 0

jgtranswerks

Aug 25, 2006
    Behind the Orange curtain
    Name
    JG
    Boat
    No
    Ok, I have to ask;

1- are you old enough to remember the days when a man overboard was considered a bad thing?
    2- are your seamanship skills good enough to handle that situation had it went slightly different?
    4- if that is the port side as stated in paragraph 5, then why is the rod facing forward and inboard?
    5- would you still be laughing about this had your buddy been chopped up by the prop or sunk out like a piece of chunk bait?
    6- since you "figured some might get a good laugh out of it", do you realize most will be laughing at you, not with you?
    7- do you and your buddy have a plan to prevent a man overboard in the future or should we plan on reading about you when you become a statistic?

This thread gets my vote for most irresponsible boater of the year award. Probably should make sure you give your kid a hug before boating with "that guy" again.:confused:
    Let me guess ,your Mom never let you have a pocket knife growing up ,or a pellet gun {dare I say even a 22 or a 410 ?} let you raise or lower the handle bars on your bicycle {if you are even from that age} let alone use a power tool without full supervision from an adult . Were you the guy that had a helmet ,knee and elbow pads riding your skate board ,while the rest of us rode our motorcycles at Saddleback park ?????

Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    25' Reinell
    Ok, I have to ask;

Sigh......really? Ok follow me......as close as you nit picked my post.

1)Yes
    2)Yes
    3)The boat is stopped because we had to unstrap the outriggers and put them out.
    4)I am aft of his position and of the rod. (Did that not occur to you?)
    5)You answered your own question with your previous question #3 the boat was stationary a.k.a. engine off or in neutral. (That one obviously did NOT occur to you)....but my answer is no I would not be laughing had he been chopped up. Duh!
    6)LMAO!!! YEAH!!! And??
    7)Not gonna bother with this one.

We done? Good!

Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    17' Whaler
    I Hate to do this.....fuck it no I don't! Launched at about 5:15am "that guy" immediately starts drinking the Bloody Mary he made in a water bottle before we left his house (smelled like mostly vodka to me but whatever) . Got bait and started towards the harbor mouth out comes a beer for "that guy".

The plan was to head straight west troll around the ten mile mark and look for signs. We had agreed the night before we would stay in general area and look for the right signs. Not to be.....

"That guys" drunkenness from the night before has already set firmly back in as we are following a SW compass heading in the fog and another beer pops open...."fish are deep south" he says when I ask why we are going the wrong direction. "How do you know?" I ask. "Trust me, my instinct never fails"......"you're boat" says I knowing fish have been all up and down the coast.

After motoring along for a couple more beers and some shit talking on the radio "that guy" comes to a stop and decides it's time to start the troll. Right on! Here's where it all goes to shit (literally) and gets funny has hell!

"That guy" deploys the outriggers, sets a rod with a ceadar plug dangling from the line in the port side rod holder, goes to reach out for the line and as I'm watching loses his balance and goes, flailing reaching for something to grab onto, head over heals into the water!!! He immediately grabs the side of the boat with a look of surprise and shock on his face.

"You ok?" I ask. "Yes but I think I pooped." He says....... I start busting a gut with uncontrollable laughter but manage to get out a "what did you say?". He responds "yep.......I'm pretty sure I pooped....oh God I gotta poop right now!!". Before I could respond poop is floating up all around "that guy"......the sight of him wallowing in his own shit was all I could take.......I let loose with my own expelling of stomache contents in the form of two short but solid bursts of projectile vomit. But, again start cracking up as he looks around himself and says "oh no! I gotta get away from all this" and starts working hand over hand down the tunnel away from his shit and my puke

He pulls himself back aboard and drinks another beer as we drift in the lonley stillness of the morning fog....neither one of us speaking....silence only being broken by my uncontrolled laughter as I replayed what just happened over and over in my mind.

We finally get back on the move and trolling...

After about ten minutes I realize we are heading east. I verify with a compass check. Ok I figure we are gonna box around and keep an eye out. We keep heading east....

After twenty minutes I ask "that guy" his intentions.....no response. Ask again.....no response. Ten more minutes go by....

Anyway......we end up in front of Ponto Beach. From then on I knew there was no hope and I was just gonna go along for the ride with "that guy"

The rest of the day he drank beer, talked shit on the radio, swam and occasionally attempted to fish as we zig-zagged leisurely back to Oceanside.

I managed two decent sand bass (released).

"That guy" is one of my best friends in the world and this is a first for me seeing him act like this.

Sorry for the long story and not much of a report but figured some might get a good laugh out of it.

Moral of the story? Don't be that guy!!

Tight lines.....

View attachment 616384

View attachment 616378
    If he landed on his ass with force it might have been the salt water enema that caused the spontaneous colon cleansing. People pay good money for that treatment!

Super funny. The look on his face is hilarious. I really want to believe it but when I zoomed in noticed that guy's face, beard and stache are dry?

Never mind I'm still cracking up.

Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    25' Reinell
    If he landed on his ass with force it might have been the salt water enema that caused the spontaneous colon cleansing. People pay good money for that treatment!

Super funny. The look on his face is hilarious. I really want to believe it but when I zoomed in noticed that guy's face, beard and stache are dry?

Never mind I'm still cracking up.

Yep and so is his hat for the most part because he managed to get a hold of the gunnel as he went over and didn't submerge his head.

Upvote 0

DDawg

Critter Killer
    Aug 16, 2004
    Oakdale, Ca.
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Wellcraft 217 Fish, Inboard Center Console "DOUBLEDEE"
    Oh geez!
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    There's a reason I don't drink anymore, and no one drinks on my boat!

Upvote 0