PENN

DIRTY BIRD

Jul 20, 2005
Dog House Mostly
Name
Shawn
Boat
The Dirty Bird
I Hate to do this.....fuck it no I don't! Launched at about 5:15am "that guy" immediately starts drinking the Bloody Mary he made in a water bottle before we left his house (smelled like mostly vodka to me but whatever) . Got bait and started towards the harbor mouth out comes a beer for "that guy".

The plan was to head straight west troll around the ten mile mark and look for signs. We had agreed the night before we would stay in general area and look for the right signs. Not to be.....

"That guys" drunkenness from the night before has already set firmly back in as we are following a SW compass heading in the fog and another beer pops open...."fish are deep south" he says when I ask why we are going the wrong direction. "How do you know?" I ask. "Trust me, my instinct never fails"......"you're boat" says I knowing fish have been all up and down the coast.

After motoring along for a couple more beers and some shit talking on the radio "that guy" comes to a stop and decides it's time to start the troll. Right on! Here's where it all goes to shit (literally) and gets funny has hell!

"That guy" deploys the outriggers, sets a rod with a ceadar plug dangling from the line in the port side rod holder, goes to reach out for the line and as I'm watching loses his balance and goes, flailing reaching for something to grab onto, head over heals into the water!!! He immediately grabs the side of the boat with a look of surprise and shock on his face.

"You ok?" I ask. "Yes but I think I pooped." He says....... I start busting a gut with uncontrollable laughter but manage to get out a "what did you say?". He responds "yep.......I'm pretty sure I pooped....oh God I gotta poop right now!!". Before I could respond poop is floating up all around "that guy"......the sight of him wallowing in his own shit was all I could take.......I let loose with my own expelling of stomache contents in the form of two short but solid bursts of projectile vomit. But, again start cracking up as he looks around himself and says "oh no! I gotta get away from all this" and starts working hand over hand down the tunnel away from his shit and my puke

He pulls himself back aboard and drinks another beer as we drift in the lonley stillness of the morning fog....neither one of us speaking....silence only being broken by my uncontrolled laughter as I replayed what just happened over and over in my mind.

We finally get back on the move and trolling...

After about ten minutes I realize we are heading east. I verify with a compass check. Ok I figure we are gonna box around and keep an eye out. We keep heading east....

After twenty minutes I ask "that guy" his intentions.....no response. Ask again.....no response. Ten more minutes go by....

Anyway......we end up in front of Ponto Beach. From then on I knew there was no hope and I was just gonna go along for the ride with "that guy"

The rest of the day he drank beer, talked shit on the radio, swam and occasionally attempted to fish as we zig-zagged leisurely back to Oceanside.

I managed two decent sand bass (released).

"That guy" is one of my best friends in the world and this is a first for me seeing him act like this.

Sorry for the long story and not much of a report but figured some might get a good laugh out of it.

Moral of the story? Don't be that guy!!

Tight lines.....

View attachment 616384

View attachment 616378
That is the funniest shit I've read in a long time!! I really needed that! Thank you

Reactions: REELCLOSE
Upvote 0

Weekend Bender

Keeping it clean
Aug 28, 2008
Laguna Hills Ca.
Name
Chris
Boat
N/A Just the gear
New Avatar my ass, thanks for the new screen saver:)

Funny shit!

Upvote 0

lamnidae

Aug 25, 2008
Escondido
Name
Chris
Boat
anything I can fish from
I was thinking a "Don't Be That Guy" T-shirt, but it is your buddy, so.......maybe not.

Bummer about the Bummer trip but one hell of a funny story.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
That is your best friend?

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
After seeing the pic I'm not buying it, but it's still funny as all shit......... brilliant actually!!! LOL

Guess there is more than one way to chunk fish, and this guys was showing his version.

Damn funny post dude......... you win the BD best of best award for this one!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
I call BS without photos of the poop. My first thought was how did the poop get out of his pants.

"You ok?" I ask. "Yes but I think I pooped." He says....... I start busting a gut with uncontrollable laughter but manage to get out a "what did you say?". He responds "yep.......I'm pretty sure I pooped....oh God I gotta poop right now!!". Before I could respond poop is floating up all around "that guy"......the sight of him wallowing in his own shit was all I could take.......I let loose with my own expelling of stomache contents in the form of two short but solid bursts of projectile vomit. But, again start cracking up as he looks around himself and says "oh no! I gotta get away from all this" and starts working hand over hand down the tunnel away from his shit and my puke

Upvote 0

David tran

May 26, 2014
Name
David tran
Boat
Urs
I Hate to do this.....fuck it no I don't! Launched at about 5:15am "that guy" immediately starts drinking the Bloody Mary he made in a water bottle before we left his house (smelled like mostly vodka to me but whatever) . Got bait and started towards the harbor mouth out comes a beer for "that guy".

The plan was to head straight west troll around the ten mile mark and look for signs. We had agreed the night before we would stay in general area and look for the right signs. Not to be.....

"That guys" drunkenness from the night before has already set firmly back in as we are following a SW compass heading in the fog and another beer pops open...."fish are deep south" he says when I ask why we are going the wrong direction. "How do you know?" I ask. "Trust me, my instinct never fails"......"you're boat" says I knowing fish have been all up and down the coast.

After motoring along for a couple more beers and some shit talking on the radio "that guy" comes to a stop and decides it's time to start the troll. Right on! Here's where it all goes to shit (literally) and gets funny has hell!

"That guy" deploys the outriggers, sets a rod with a ceadar plug dangling from the line in the port side rod holder, goes to reach out for the line and as I'm watching loses his balance and goes, flailing reaching for something to grab onto, head over heals into the water!!! He immediately grabs the side of the boat with a look of surprise and shock on his face.

He pulls himself back aboard and drinks another beer as we drift in the lonley stillness of the morning fog....neither one of us speaking....silence only being broken by my uncontrolled laughter as I replayed what just happened over and over in my mind.

We finally get back on the move and trolling...

After about ten minutes I realize we are heading east. I verify with a compass check. Ok I figure we are gonna box around and keep an eye out. We keep heading east....

After twenty minutes I ask "that guy" his intentions.....no response. Ask again.....no response. Ten more minutes go by....

Anyway......we end up in front of Ponto Beach. From then on I knew there was no hope and I was just gonna go along for the ride with "that guy"

The rest of the day he drank beer, talked shit on the radio, swam and occasionally attempted to fish as we zig-zagged leisurely back to Oceanside.

I managed two decent sand bass (released).

"That guy" is one of my best friends in the world and this is a first for me seeing him act like this.

Sorry for the long story and not much of a report but figured some might get a good laugh out of it.

Moral of the story? Don't be that guy!!

Tight lines.....

View attachment 616384

View attachment 616378
Best story so far on bd. Remind me of my fishing buddy who's a dentist.

Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
I call BS without photos of the poop. My first thought was how did the poop get out of his pants.

He pulled his shorts down under water.

Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
Look guys I don't care if you believe it or not but its true and yes he's one of my best friends. I shared the story for a number of pretty obvious reasons. Think about your friends and past fishing trips.....they ain't all wide open bites. Matter of fact they're probably a lot of laughs and good times. Fishing is AWESOME.... fishing with longtime friends is MORE AWESOME whether or not you catch a fish right? Most important of all.......sometimes "shit happens" and if your friends get butt hurt at you for laughing at them then they ain't worth having as friends.

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Still need photos of the floating poop. The captain being an alcoholic would suggest dehydration and his poop would sink. lol

Reactions: Short Bite
Upvote 0

REELCLOSE

Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
No way that is your best friend...you would not do that to a friend or a best friend...this post must be a joke to ur friends...

Look guys I don't care if you believe it or not but its true and yes he's one of my best friends. I shared the story for a number of pretty obvious reasons. Think about your friends and past fishing trips.....they ain't all wide open bites. Matter of fact they're probably a lot of laughs and good times. Fishing is AWESOME.... fishing with longtime friends is MORE AWESOME whether or not you catch a fish right? Most important of all.......sometimes "shit happens" and if your friends get butt hurt at you for laughing at them then they ain't worth having as friends.

"Living Large"

REELCLOSE, A moment ago Edit Report #70 + Quote Reply

Upvote 0

sharkstew

Snipe Hunter
Nov 28, 2003
Encinitas
Name
Dave
Boat
Striper
If I was your "lifetime friend" and you posted that shit...I'd cut you off in a heartbeat. It's a different type of post and I'm sure some people got a good laugh but, now we know you're either a full on bull-shitter or one of the worst friends any of us have ever seen or heard about. Nice job...

Reactions: fishstomp
Upvote 0

Latest posts