Offshore Oside 9/20

Bajamarz

Sep 2, 2020
vista
Name
Jason Skaggs
Boat Name
17 Boston Whaler Nauset
Headed out a little late, got bait at 6:30. Bumpy on the way out to the 312, saw a lot of birds, bait and dolphin action about 5 miles out, but then it was a desert all the way West of 312 and up to the 209. I saw 3 boats planted on the 209 but didn't see them getting action. I continued to head N of 209 and found 4 paddies with a ton of mico bait and small sardines (?) , but no Dorado. Went towards the 279 and again 1 or 2 more paddies that were dry.

Ch72 confirmed that nobody was getting bit. A guy was pretty vocal about being in a spotter plane yesterday and marking kelp w Dorado West of 209, but reported that he was following his marks and didn't see shot.

Should I be going out of Mission Bay tomorrow?

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Capt Devo
Boat Name
Kristan K
That sucks captain..... what happened to our wahoo, tuna and yellows this fall of falls I can't eat anymore dorado? The thing about fishing Oceanside and I live in San Clemente is that if you head out to the NW you benefit from the downhill run back to the harbor with your tail between your legs on these off days I usually head south however and get the boat cleaned for free. Thanks dude!

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat Name
17 starcraft
Can you imagine where we would be if the dorado's hadn't showed the flat little heads? There would be a million sport boats and there sealion entourage's parked at Catalina and SCI or in there driveways saving gas.
The bluefin have been behind catalina in big numbers all summer. Everybody just stopped fishing for them because of the dorado.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat Name
17 starcraft
I’d love to see Marlin reports.
There are mad skills on this site.
Its tournament time, those that are into marlin fishing are not talking about it right now. Plus marlin fishing is kind of like shark fishing. The moment you post something everyone comes out to give their opinion on whether or not you should have kept it or released it. Gets old. Best bet would be the fish report on JD’s big game website for marlin reports.

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
NFIO

flash in the pan.gif

The Dorado were merely a flash in the pan.

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
They will bite again right around the new moon, mean while target tuna, yellowfin down south, or bluefin to the west. Could get lucky on a kelp while running out/back but I would not put everything on the dodo bite until next week.
Negative ghostrider- water temps are dropping, fish moving out. Dorado are a warm water species. Once the water starts cooling down they're gone. How long do you expect them to stay here???????

Reactions: Capt Devo
Upvote 0

pescadorrr

Almost A Member
Feb 8, 2013
Seal Beach,CA
Name
Pescadorrr
Boat Name
CF23
Looks like a couple of storms are off cabo but are tracking west. Anyone think they will push warmer water up here? We have a pretty good onshore energy flow in process now, so it seems unlikely.

Reactions: Capt Devo
Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
Looks like a couple of storms are off cabo but are tracking west. Anyone think they will push warmer water up here? We have a pretty good onshore energy flow in process now, so it seems unlikely.

Not very likely. Its not even a very strong wind storm. The water temp has dropped about 5 degrees in the past two weeks or so. You can tell the fall and winter weather is coming since its getting cold at night. The dorado might be going south soon, but there will be some stragglers. The water is still warmer in the LA area than down in Mexico right now.

The good news is the bluefin, yellowfin and dorado bite is still decent if you find the right spots.

1663938864199.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

pescadorrr

Almost A Member
Feb 8, 2013
Seal Beach,CA
Name
Pescadorrr
Boat Name
CF23
Not very likely. Its not even a very strong wind storm. The water temp has dropped about 5 degrees in the past two weeks or so. You can tell the fall and winter weather is coming since its getting cold at night. The dorado might be going south soon, but there will be some stragglers. The water is still warmer in the LA area than down in Mexico right now.

The good news is the bluefin, yellowfin and dorado bite is still decent if you find the right spots.

View attachment 1426889

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks for the reply shadowX. Good info.
Does anyone know how the offshore action is off San Quintin now?

Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Don't get butt hurt. We didn't mark the spots. Front side middle, two miles off of the island.

I hope that makes you feel better. Burn some fuel and find fish, you kind sir! Stop your entitled want of free numbers. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat Name
26 Blackman Billfisher
You're some kind of comedian with your numbers, just asking for more detail.
Fuck You and your numbers
Maybe you could catch one sometime.

Today just outside the 14: 33:24 118:02

IMG_6359.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: flytie
Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Hahaha. Sorry you are a grumpy fark. You want something free and give nothing. I'm not into calling names, more of a man than that. But you can figure it out. Enjoy you keyboard!

Last edited:
Upvote 0