Keta

Ignorant Sheep Farmer
Nov 13, 2005
Still in Oregon
Name
Lee
Boat
3' Too Short
La Push- Nice that you can actually get lingcod along with halis on the same trip.
Mike,
When we were transporting the Northern from Seattle to Illwacco the life raft broke loose just after we rounded Cape Flattery and we pulled into La Push to put it back in the rack. I really liked the town and the harbormaster was a good guy that was more than willing to help. The town made me home sick for SE Alaska native villages. I'd love to live there.

Moldy45

azzole
Dec 11, 2006
Oregon
Name
Bruce
Boat
21 Striper
Nice pictures guys!
Tommy thats a biggun,what was the lenght on it ?

crazy hawaiian

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 4, 2006
San Diego
Name
Tony
Boat
17.5' Seaswirl c/c
Those kind of pictures should be banned in Sothern California. They could lead to a number of suicides amoung California halibut fishermen. You want that on your concience? LOL

Keta

Ignorant Sheep Farmer
Nov 13, 2005
Still in Oregon
Name
Lee
Boat
3' Too Short
You guys have the nice looking babs we have the big butts, I think you have the better deal.

Capt Bob

Mar 15, 2008
Ocean Park Wa.
Name
Bob
Boat
26' Striper "Thrasher"
I made two trips up to Neah Bay last year. Short seasons, but we made the best of it. Bajadan2000 got biggest of the year.
NICE fish Dan.

Gerry, got into a nice one or two.
"Nice harpoon shot captain"

Billy and Brian did well. Come on old man, hold that fish up

Evan I got a little action.

I sure enjoy fishing up there, but may have to stay a bit closer to home this year. or not. It wont be long now...

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Nice work Bob, great hali even out of Neah. The crowd still wall to wall up there last year or did the every other day reg change up there a coupe years ago thin it out a bit? It was sure nice when you could take a week and fish hali every day. Pretty spendy to make that run and have to stick to b bass and lingers on the off days.

Capt Bob

Mar 15, 2008
Ocean Park Wa.
Name
Bob
Boat
26' Striper "Thrasher"
The every other day thing really sucks. You can get a Canadain license, but I dont like Swiftshore. Lots of sharks and small Butts on Swiftshore Banks. Its more of a tradition for us. But with fuel cost and short seasons and the crowd and the long drive and and and....I am thinking that closer to home sounds good this year.

Johnnyfish

Glitch Modulator
Jun 2, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
Name
John
Boat
Pacific Star
Awesome pics! In all of my years fishing in So Cal, I have only seen 1 Pacific Halibut caught locally. It was out of Redondo Beach, ~25lbs. Very rare down here.

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
The every other day thing really sucks. You can get a Canadain license, but I dont like Swiftshore. Lots of sharks and small Butts on Swiftshore Banks. Its more of a tradition for us. But with fuel cost and short seasons and the crowd and the long drive and and and....I am thinking that closer to home sounds good this year.
Yep, I agree with that. Swiftshore isn't quite as deep, maybe 450-500 where we fish, but drag a couple sharks up from that depth and you know you've been fishing. And like you say, plenty of chickens there. We fish deeper water, usually 600 ft. plus, and do well, but we decided against going up this year, will try and learn more about closer waters too. Will sure miss the big lingers though. Will watch for you on the water Capt Bob.

Weather or Knot

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 20, 2008
Florence Or
Name
Brandon
Boat
26' Striper CC
If Im going to catch bigger fish I gotta quit takin this guy! He always hammers a big one. Kinda pisses me off after a while. LOL This one was #91.

Mo

#1 OG, part time Secret Moderator
Apr 10, 2007
east of the west coast...
Name
Mo
Boat
20ft Thunderjet,Hobie 12ft Pro Angler,Boat Ho on KA
Nice fish guys !

HOGGEM'IN

Jan 31, 2005
Gresham Oregon
Name
Mike Potts
Boat
Deck hand on a 36' Yellowfin
screw so-cal .. im moving up north
You might want to rethink that statement as yes we have big Hali-BUTTS but have you seen the women up here? most have even bigger BUTTS. We call it OBD Oregon butt disease.

Hana pa'a Time

Nov 29, 2005
Oregon
Name
Kurt
Boat
24' North River Seahawk hardtop "Ohana Time"
Here's a few from the spring season.

And my biggest so far, taken in August.