koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
This is clearly total insanity. What about all the cuts that we have experienced to the fishing quotas over the last 10 years? What about all the cuts to hatchery production we incurred that directly affect the Orcas? Then NOAA is going to let tribal fishing go on as planned as what they do has no impact to the Orcas. We really need to protest and sue for this. This is getting pucking ridiculous and is a violation of our rights.

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    18' Super Vee
    I thought it was supposed to be 50/50 per the bolt decision? Does this open an avenue to challenge that if they are getting 100 percent?

Upvote 0
    Aug 12, 2008
    skagit county
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    23 north river seahawk
    This is clearly total insanity. What about all the cuts that we have experienced to the fishing quotas over the last 10 years? What about all the cuts to hatchery production we incurred that directly affect the Orcas? Then NOAA is going to let tribal fishing go on as planned as what they do has no impact to the Orcas. We really need to protest and sue for this. This is getting pucking ridiculous and is a violation of our rights.

Sue the tribe? Sue the state? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahayayahahahay………..
    they’ll use your tax dollars to beat you hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    It amazes me that common sense is never an option when dealing with either of the matters (orcas and tribes).

We have completely lost our minds over this rather inept subgroup of otherwise plentiful whales. And tribes can't be bothered to make any concessions on any matter.

All the while we let this area become vastly overpopulated while we turn every bit of remaining forest into apartments or strip malls. That's all fine apparently. But operating a boat in the same water body as a whale or catching a fish is on the verge of criminality.

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
    Jul 18, 2010
    Mt Vernon
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20’ Glasply
    Intersting the closure extends from Puget Sound to California when the BULK harvest of these "endangered fish" is occuring in Northern intercept fisheries in B.C. and Alaska.

Goes to show the alignment of PFMC, NOAA, and NMFS with the commercial fishing interests to the North (Alaska).

This is the equivilent of having a water main leak out at the street and shutting off the water at the house to stop it.

Totally stupid and meaningless "managment" move.

It's crazy, we never could have seen this coming! (Sarcasm).... Where have we seen this EXACT THING before?

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Looks out of control up North now?? LOL YEP the thumbs down
    donkeys are out wasting time LOL

Last edited:

Grady226

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 17, 2009
    Marysville,Wa
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    22' Grady White
    PSA said it....The orca's need more Salmon :imdumb::zelfmoord

P
    Pipe Dream
    As the man from Chicago used to say...."And now for the rest of the story." The goal of more fish for Orcas is to increase hatchery production and thereby increase the number of returning fish for all fishers to include Orcas. Any implication that PSA is suggesting or supporting a decrease in sport fishing in WA to feed Orcas is simply inaccurate.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
    Jul 6, 2012
    North of seattle
    Name
    Blackmouther
    Boat
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    I feel for the boat owners who have spent tons of money to have access to fish, prawn and crab in the sound only to have a “pleasure craft”, this new proposal is from the liberals of course. Next they will give fish new identities. Only trans non binary can be retained release all trans male and trans female even if “they or them” are not likely to survive.

Upvote 0
    Mar 23, 2021
    renton
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Grey
    79fba008-32a6-4b90-a385-9ddaf4f309f9.png

Upvote 0

fishnazzi

Mostly just LURKING anymore...........
    Feb 24, 2008
    Out West....somewhere
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Which one.............
    Well a long time ago 12 years??? They tried to close Friday harbor for the orcas. We rallied up more then a couple hundred people to the public meeting. It was stopped. For all the whining…. I don’t see anyone talking the troops. I’m not there anymore so I can’t. Who is gonna pickup the ball and organize the pitchforks and torches? It was the last “real” win we had. Those that spoke brought common sense and science to the meeting. It can be done because it has been done. Honestly after that meeting I’ve been saying it all along…. “J k and l pod will be the end of salmon fishing in WA”. Complacency has ruled sporties for to long and sadly I believe it is to late to stop it. But…….. if enough troops could be rallied to truly protest……… MAYBE…… just maybe this could be changed. It will take more then one protest and more then 500 people at every event. Think that there is someone who is willing to put in the work with tue only reward being……. maybe it will be stopped for a bit?

Upvote 0