Orange County storage recommendations?

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh
Boat
Parker 1801
Anybody have any recommendations for good (and available) marinas in OC for either dry storage or wet slips? I’m on the waitlist for Embarcadero in Dana point but am reading some unfavorable reviews. Ideally I’d like dry storage that provides boat launching services, but am open to wet slips as well.

My boat is currently stored in San Diego and looking to move it up to OC, it’s 18 ft. Any recommendations/connections are greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Sunset is great!

Reactions: JFurst
Upvote 0

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh
Boat
Parker 1801
Thanks guys, I plan to call them this week. Do you know if the provide boat launching services and is there a wash area? Also wondering where the nearest bait dock and fuel dock is around sunset?

Upvote 0

Tyler Doan

Nov 9, 2016
Anaheim
Name
Tyler
Boat
Parker 2520 MV
Thanks guys, I plan to call them this week. Do you know if the provide boat launching services and is there a wash area? Also wondering where the nearest bait dock and fuel dock is around sunset?
So right next to the storage about 100ft is the launching ramp, they do have a hoist but you have to go sunset aquatic shipyard and talk to them. There is a wash area next to the ramp but it charges about $2.00, which is more then enough to wash my boat and the gear. The fuel dock is right around the corner from the ramp, its in the harbor. And the bait dock is nachos, which is on the right when you exit the harbor.

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
They also have a working ice machine. :-)

Upvote 0

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh
Boat
Parker 1801
So Sunset has a wait list and there are no boat launch services, it is also a bit far as I am in south OC. Looking at a spot in Back Bay Newport - anybody have any comments on that location? Slightly more expensive than sunset but has much more of what I am looking for. Still open to any suggestions for other locations as well, thanks.

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
So Sunset has a wait list and there are no boat launch services, it is also a bit far as I am in south OC. Looking at a spot in Back Bay Newport - anybody have any comments on that location? Slightly more expensive than sunset but has much more of what I am looking for. Still open to any suggestions for other locations as well, thanks.

We’ve been keeping ours at Newport Dunes dry storage. As much as I didn’t think I’d like it, I actually do. It’s a long ride out of the harbor but that’s really the only issue. They do have a truck that can launch for you but there is a weight limit and I don’t know what it is. We launch on our own. Also, you can give them a deposit for a key for the wash down so you’ll never need quarters. So far it’s been very secure and we are very satisfied.

Upvote 0

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh
Boat
Parker 1801
We’ve been keeping ours at Newport Dunes dry storage. As much as I didn’t think I’d like it, I actually do. It’s a long ride out of the harbor but that’s really the only issue. They do have a truck that can launch for you but there is a weight limit and I don’t know what it is. We launch on our own. Also, you can give them a deposit for a key for the wash down so you’ll never need quarters. So far it’s been very secure and we are very satisfied.
I’ve heard it’s a long ride out of the harbor - how long is it exactly?
Also, if I use the boat launch service, how do I go about using the wash down? Will they take time to go over there and let me wash then trailer the boat back to my spot?

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
Also, if I use the boat launch service, how do I go about using the wash down? Will they take time to go over there and let me wash then trailer the boat back to my spot?

I’d guess it’s about 30 minutes or so to get out of the harbor. I’ve gotten used to it though, kinda gives you a little time to get some gear ready and get the boat squared away. The bait has been great there every time. I have no idea how the wash down works if you use the launch service. The people that answer the phone are good though I would ask them. I like the fact it has 24 hour security at the gate. You can’t even take your boat out of the yard on the trailer unless you call ahead to the office and then they let the guard shack know.

Upvote 0

garlicsalt

Jul 18, 2014
pitted.
Name
jed
Boat
''the twisted ducker''
Yeah it sucks, way to many smoking hot chicks in Gs on stand up paddle boards to have to look at.

Upvote 0

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh
Boat
Parker 1801
Good deal. Dialed in on a lease with the Dunes yesterday. Turns out if you use boat launch service they have their own wash area where you just leave your boat when your done and they will park it back in your spot for you, which is pretty sweet. I really liked the marina and like you say, use the ride out of the harbor to get everything ready.

Reactions: socaldieseltech
Upvote 0

NoFeelings

Almost A Member
Aug 5, 2012
Irvine/CA/U.S.A.
Name
Eddy
Boat
Parker 2320 “No Feelings”
Love the dunes. Boat launch service and they check for your drain plug before putting in your boat. Wash down and good peoples. Like mentioned before the harbor is a long ride out. I just eat breakfast on the way out.

Upvote 0