plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I knew this guy would get all butthurt.That was a suggestion that might help.Did i say i don't believe you ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pacificscout

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Exactly!

Don’t focus on lining up the boat properly or getting ready to cast on the foamers!

Make sure you put all that to the back burner and get pictures for these guys!

What were you thinking?
Did you see the original post ? edited ?

• Haha

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
People got short memories..
There were bft caught a couple miles off the beach in December last year...
I guess it's actually better that many dont believe..keep slayin..

Reactions: Kyle farmer

Kyle farmer

Tuna Twin
Apr 6, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Kyle F
Boat
Tiderunner 195 Tuna Twins
If you can post pics of your catch you can post pics of fish foaming close to home.I'm not doubting anybody's story but if i was one that posted fish reports i would also put up a little more info regarding fish closer to the beach.How hard is it to document what you saw ?
Sir please go back to the first page where you will see the first two pictures ARE indeed foam. If you check our Instagram, like I referenced, you will see 3 videos of what we call foamers. FYI...the dude filming it was his first time ever fishing offshore and I asked him to record (to share with you guys). He did his best and I'm proud of what he got considering it was his first time ever seeing a foamer and he was excited. Thank you for your concern of lack of foam but I've provided the best documentation I could. This isn't keeping up with the kardashians I don't have cameras rolling 24/7

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Mackerel Marauder
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
Look, its fishing. Its a hobby, a game or possibly even a “sport” if you’re fat, smoke cigarettes and still wanna claim some semblance of your former AYSO athletic prowess. Regardless, If its only fish you are after, go to Vons, or Ralph’s or Staters if yer cheap. The rest of is like to get away from the 405, 15 and the 91, our shitty bosses or our nagging spouses. Its a chance to bail out off the coastline in search of glory. Half of what makes this fun is the hunt. The game. GPS Numbers are pointless anyways...fish move, water changes and bait shifts all over the place. I personally like a trickle of information...like “Theyre near a harbor, or off the domes.” I dont need a fucking coordinate...its not rockfishing. This guy was cool enough to give us all the kick in the ass to tune our carbs, check the trailer lights and prep our bait pumps cause “the Game” has shifted to a more local location. Thank you dude for the heads up. Ignore the dorks, they’ll be the ones with the dead batteries at the ramp.
Game On Bitches!!

A41C933B-1044-427E-BF9C-7162EB088104.jpeg

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I read the original post,i read the edited version.Great job,thanks for the report.

Sandydog

Mar 18, 2017
Dana Point, CA
Name
John Kim
Boat
n/a
People got short memories..
There were bft caught a couple miles off the beach in December last year...
I guess it's actually better that many dont believe..keep slayin..
They were being caught from San Diego to Newport and the 14 this February. Erik Landesfeind even wrote up an article about it.

I dunno why people are doubting this guy's report. Normally people don't catch BFT locally because they don't expect them there, so drive right over them on the way to the islands. The BFT usually leave by summer when the water temps rise into the 70s. But the water temps have been relatively cool this year, so it makes total sense that they'd still be around.

They move around a lot day-to-day. Erik reported following a school from Dana Point to the 14 in just one afternoon. So it really wouldn't have mattered even if OP had given exact GPS coordinates. The fish would've been long gone by the time anyone reading his post went looking. Saying it's near a "south OC harbor entrance" is probably better than GPS coordinates, since it'll force you to search for yourself, instead of chasing GPS coordinates.

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
They were being caught from San Diego to Newport and the 14 this February. Erik Landesfeind even wrote up an article about it.

I dunno why people are doubting this guy's report. Normally people don't catch BFT locally because they don't expect them there, so drive right over them on the way to the islands. The BFT usually leave by summer when the water temps rise into the 70s. But the water temps have been relatively cool this year, so it makes total sense that they'd still be around.

They move around a lot day-to-day. Erik reported following a school from Dana Point to the 14 in just one afternoon. So it really wouldn't have mattered even if OP had given exact GPS coordinates. The fish would've been long gone by the time anyone reading his post went looking. Saying it's near a "south OC harbor entrance" is probably better than GPS coordinates, since it'll force you to search for yourself, instead of chasing GPS coordinates.
Yep 3 weeks ago i fished for an entire week with just me and a buddy boat less than 16 miles from home for wide fricking open 50 to 100 plus bft, limits everyday on bait. All boats raced westerly over those fish, not a boat insight till one day some one finally caught on. They moved the following day...My boss shot two 70 lbers last winter off lj canyon and people were doubting what i said so now i rarely post reports i just message a few guys info. I work in fish market and privileged to a lot of info. Shoot i remember people not believing you could catch bft at the Coronados until a sport boat put in their counts. I caught so many there one season... Fuck the doubters and live the aloha dream!

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
When there is a lot of moon the bluefin feed at night so they are on the move.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
If you have access to a plane Why you on bd? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Who ever said I was looking for spots, I simply stated my opinion A thread and some people took it bashing the guy that posted it and that's not the way some people perceived it, It doesn't rock me a rock me at all on what some people think of my comment. Oh I forgot explain to you, Why I'm on BD?? Be cause there's a lot of Intelligent people and information on BD which has merit and some is bullshit. You just need to weed through it and comment and make a comment if you choose! Anymore questions that I can answer for you?

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Exactly!

Don’t focus on lining up the boat properly or getting ready to cast on the foamers!

Make sure you put all that to the back burner and get pictures for these guys!

What were you thinking?
I knew this guy would get all butthurt.That was a suggestion that might help.Did i say i don't believe you ?
You hurt his Ego. He Needs a pat on the back telling him how good he is, :notworthy

Varuna

Rich
Aug 28, 2008
Irvine/CA/USA
Name
Rich
Boat
32' Uniflite "Varuna"
After 2 amazing days of fishing the jumbos out west, we decided to explore the local scene Monday 8/3. After searching far and wide we ended up back at our door step in the foam from 2-4pm, no boats in sight and very close to a south Orange County harbor entrance. OC friends, don’t be afraid to go looking! We found a tonnage of bluefin, with spot after spot breezing up on the surface all afternoon. The size of these breezers were incredible. We followed from a distance these spots til they found bait and came up. They chewed the Stickbait! Good luck to anyone going out this week🤙

Attached are framegrabs from videos posted on our Instagram @tuna_twins

View attachment 1179843View attachment 1179844

View attachment 1179839

View attachment 1179840

View attachment 1179841

View attachment 1179842

Varuna

Rich
Aug 28, 2008
Irvine/CA/USA
Name
Rich
Boat
32' Uniflite "Varuna"
Thanks for the report Kyle. There are many of us in OC that really appreciate any report this time of year when they breeze through. I rely on a network of other Newport PB'ers but reports like yours tend to help validate what I hear from friends. Good job with the first time fisherman captain, that is a memorable day for sure.

Last edited:

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
You hurt his Ego. He Needs a pat on the back telling him how good he is, :notworthy
These same two trolls have fucked up this site for years now. They will never be able to do the fishing you and your buddies are doing and you know they can't catch a wave so they attack. Don't bother with them, The Tuna Twins, Cody Longboard, Rickyfish and the other young guns on this site have the information we are looking for. You guy's rock and your video's rock too.
Corey

Hippie

Old and Mean
Jun 22, 2017
Mother Earth
Name
Hippie
Boat
Atude
These same two trolls have fucked up this site for years now. They will never be able to do the fishing you and your buddies are doing and you know they can't catch a wave so they attack. Don't bother with them, The Tuna Twins, Cody Longboard, Rickyfish and the other young guns on this site have the information we are looking for. You guy's rock and your video's rock too.
Corey
I second this !

WellFairFisher

“That’s why it’s called Fishing”
Nov 4, 2003
O.C.
Name
Warren
Boat
13ft Whaler
LOL Bro I really don't get people sometimes
Wait a minute.......Aren’t you the guy that straight up lied to a guy at the ramp and got called out on it?

if there’s one thing good about the internet it’s getting called out for sending fellow fisherman on a “Wild goose chase”

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Funny, a week or two from now everyone will be flexing on how the BFT are close in, but they need FD or someone to say it first. Been watching you guys slay for last couple of years, so if you say they’re there, then they’re there.

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
Funny stuff here. Find the vIdeo here from 5 or 6 years ago of the Bluefin speared South of Newport Harbor. Figure how close that is to the beach and the volume he drops in on of non boiling BFT is incredible. Note the school cookie cutter size swimming as he shoots a fish that looks the size of all. Spine hit and had I think it is in the 180's. Someone find it as I would like to see it again. Thanks

carbonbass

Oct 17, 2010
huntington beach
Name
justin
Look, its fishing. Its a hobby, a game or possibly even a “sport” if you’re fat, smoke cigarettes and still wanna claim some semblance of your former AYSO athletic prowess. Regardless, If its only fish you are after, go to Vons, or Ralph’s or Staters if yer cheap. The rest of is like to get away from the 405, 15 and the 91, our shitty bosses or our nagging spouses. Its a chance to bail out off the coastline in search of glory. Half of what makes this fun is the hunt. The game. GPS Numbers are pointless anyways...fish move, water changes and bait shifts all over the place. I personally like a trickle of information...like “Theyre near a harbor, or off the domes.” I dont need a fucking coordinate...its not rockfishing. This guy was cool enough to give us all the kick in the ass to tune our carbs, check the trailer lights and prep our bait pumps cause “the Game” has shifted to a more local location. Thank you dude for the heads up. Ignore the dorks, they’ll be the ones with the dead batteries at the ramp.
Game On Bitches!!

View attachment 1181200

one of the best posts I have read on BD!!!

bajachild

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 13, 2005
so. cal
Name
mike
Boat
2019 Montauk 170
If you can post pics of your catch you can post pics of fish foaming close to home.I'm not doubting anybody's story but if i was one that posted fish reports i would also put up a little more info regarding fish closer to the beach.How hard is it to document what you saw ?
right, because a camera in the hand is waaaay better than a rod when fish are boiling. “Fuck the rod, grab my iPhone.”
Tool.