Kyle farmer

Tuna Twin
Apr 6, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Kyle F
Boat
Tiderunner 195 Tuna Twins
After 2 amazing days of fishing the jumbos out west, we decided to explore the local scene Monday 8/3. After searching far and wide we ended up back at our door step in the foam from 2-4pm, no boats in sight and very close to a south Orange County harbor entrance. OC friends, don’t be afraid to go looking! We found a tonnage of bluefin, with spot after spot breezing up on the surface all afternoon. The size of these breezers were incredible. We followed from a distance these spots til they found bait and came up. They chewed the Stickbait! Good luck to anyone going out this week🤙

Attached are framegrabs from videos posted on our Instagram @tuna_twins

A79D2B7E-373A-4CFB-99CB-3F78D7D3FFCD.jpeg
4DA15095-702F-4E39-AC07-138EB9D1DCE9.jpeg

1C063018-0459-407B-8CE2-0ED4811A5D5E.jpeg

55C220E3-9ED9-4848-8FB4-A6D550F193C8.jpeg

591BC4B5-2E82-486C-8580-2053BE86797B.jpeg

C7F412A6-196A-407C-B328-216AF0DE49B0.jpeg

Last edited:

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
I don't buy it. To many sport boats and local boats coming and going to the Islands and offshore and all of a sudden they pop up close to a O.C Harbor Entrance?? If they consider the butterfly close to a harbor, Then I buy it. He probably wants other boats to go scout out areas for him!

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Great post and picts. For those thinking that there are zero fish north of San Diego..... get out the bait. Sometimes they go where they want.... without asking "official" permission. Have seen it in the past.... many times. Just be prepared. Sad they didn't post the numbers.

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
I follow you guys on IG. Thanks for sharing the pics!

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Great work.
Someone said they caught wahoo 5 miles outside a few years ago .
No one bought that for a bit.
Its why our passion is so bad ass. You never know what the sea will offer up.
This season is shaping up nicely.
Yup, my buddy caught a hoo a few years ago just a few miles outside of DP harbor

theredman

Mar 22, 2007
Pismo Beach
Name
Steve merino
Boat
2016 Ranger Bay 2510
Do you have A pic of the foamers next to the harbor entrance?

Kyle farmer

Tuna Twin
Apr 6, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Kyle F
Boat
Tiderunner 195 Tuna Twins
I don't buy it. To many sport boats and local boats coming and going to the Islands and offshore and all of a sudden they pop up close to a O.C Harbor Entrance?? If they consider the butterfly close to a harbor, Then I buy it. He probably wants other boats to go scout out areas for him!
It’s funny every time we catch them alone some kook on here thinks we are lying😂 Couch fishermen like you are the exact reason we have fish being untouched very close to home, everyone thinks they’re south of the border. News flash, not everyone chases sport boat counts and 976 reports! Another hint, this fish was just south of where any OC sport boat coming to and from the islands would go. If you’d like me to spoon feed you numbers to prove your ignorance I don’t mind, but I don’t need your validation for what you buy and don’t buy from my post.

Hunter gatherer

Fir Na Tine
Jul 25, 2015
Northern California
Name
Jeff
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 228G
It doesn't look like they need anyone to scout for them, just saying.

Nice pics, thanks for the report.

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Mackerel Marauder
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
It’s funny every time we catch them alone some kook on here thinks we are lying😂 Couch fishermen like you are the exact reason we have fish being untouched very close to home, everyone thinks they’re south of the border. News flash, not everyone chases sport boat counts and 976 reports! Another hint, this fish was just south of where any OC sport boat coming to and from the islands would go. If you’d like me to spoon feed you numbers to prove your ignorance I don’t mind, but I don’t need your validation for what you buy and don’t buy from my post.
BOOOM! Love it !

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Reactions: Kyle farmer