styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Colored rods seem to be “in” so I am selling two of my “one of a kind” collectable vintage rods.

These are extremely rare. Guaranteed to be the only ones on the boat. You will be the envy of your fishing friends and will have an investment that can't devalue in the future.

First is a Green Speck Master Rod from the 1980s, 6’, 15-30#. Recently refinished. Asking $300.

DSCF2548.jpg
DSCF2557.jpg

DSCF2554.jpg

Second is a one-off Multi-Blue Daiwa Spinning Rod. Custom converted to a 2 piece rod by Garage Door Modifications. Recently refinished. A bargain at $375.

DSCF2561.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

DSCF2567.jpg

An interesting aspect of these rods is that they are chameleons, capable of changing colors from trip to trip, or to match your newest reel. Potential color options are available through Ace Hardware at $4 per color.

In order to keep the prices reasonable on these beautiful rods I have refinished over cracked or peeling flexcoat, particularly around the feet of the guides. I have also "refinished" some of the broken and rusty guides to match the rod colors.

I don’t expect these rods to last long (either here or in use) so don’t hesitate before buying these “speck-tacular” rods.

PayPal and loose change not accepted.

Prefer not to ship, but if buyer insists I can cut the rods into manageable pieces and ship fairly cheap, though it will necessitate reassembly and might change the remarkable rod action.

Low-ball offers are invited but will be ridiculed. Sarcasm is expected.

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Now that right there is funny....Thanks Chuck ;)
Styx......how much for the workmate bench ?

BTW- Do the rods have the "Felt Pen" on the blanks to ensure they are legit or do they have the bogus labels ?
Last question....color change option......Krylon or Rustoleum ?
Say hi to Dusty and Cricket for me.....Woof Woof :)

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Always glad to hear from you Mike.:-)

Rods have partial original labels with a bit of over-spray.

Krylon seems to dry faster than Rustoleum and has less effect on rod action. Also a better color selection at my Ace store.

These rods are going fast. Dusty peed on one and it is melting the handle. Better check his Tequila bowl.

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae

Krylon seems to dry faster than Rustoleum and has less effect on rod action. Also a better color selection at my Ace store.

These rods are going fast. Dusty peed on one and it is melting the handle. Better check his Tequila bowl.

ROTFLMAO.......Thanks Chuck :)

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Chuck Styx,
Can you please confirm if they are prototypes or just one of a kind?
Thank you.

Chuck aka Styx told me they are numbered and are 1 and 2 of 3 or 3 1/2 if he can find the other piece modified by Garage Door Modifications and to quote that "expert" on another thread...."when was the last time you saw these for sale"
Now add in the fact that Dusty has melted one of the handles ....priceless
These could be similar to the "Bullitt" Mustang in value...Steve McQueen drove the mustang....Dusty peed on the rod....how can you put a value on that ?

Reactions: r46chevy
Upvote 0

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram

Frontier paints can order everything you need. Don't know how long it ill takes. Are these items time sensitive?

Upvote 0