Proteus

Almost A Member
  • Jun 19, 2020
    SF
    Name
    Proteus
    Boat
    The charter with the best price.
    I'm glad you all can make light of this, needed the laugh cause every time I think of this thread I started I get depressed. :zelfmoord
    Up here in the Bay Area there have been no signs of going back on these prices $150-$200, and like many of the old salts here, I remember the days of $45 trips. We even had a boat on the Wharf that gave out punch cards, after 10 trips you got one free.

Gone are the days....

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Prices are going up not down,inflation is just getting started if we keep heading down the road were on.The boats are just stuck in the cycle too along with almost every other small business and middle class person.I dont think their cashing in,just trying to survive the new reality.

Upvote 0

Proteus

Almost A Member
  • Jun 19, 2020
    SF
    Name
    Proteus
    Boat
    The charter with the best price.
    Prices are going up not down,inflation is just getting started if we keep heading down the road were on.The boats are just stuck in the cycle too along with almost every other small business and middle class person.I dont think their cashing in,just trying to survive the new reality.

Hard to buy into that one when it wasn't a gradual increase along with the economy, and simply doubled in price when "limited loads" were introduced, then stayed at that price even when full loads were resumed. Since I started this thread I've talked with several boat operators & deck hands who admit they are getting what they can, while they can.

Cashing in is exactly what it amounts to and has little to do with the road we're heading down.

Upvote 0