Mission Bay - Campland 25' Larson Cabin Boat
Sep 2, 2016
Poway, CA
www.renog.info
Name
Reno G
Boat
Sea Sea Rider
Given the number of people charging $300 to go fishing on their overpriced houseboats, and an effort of good will to the community, I have decided to offer NO CHARGE fishing trips on my boat, the Sea Sea Rider in Mission Bay, CA on weekends.

I've never had strangers on my boat, but I am convinced here on BD we have some outstanding citizens who would enjoy some time fishing from a private boat with a so-so fisherman (me) and the good people I come across who like to fish the local area.

Of course, if you're looking for an action packed fishing trip' you'll grab a sport boat ticket. If you have plenty of money; you'll charter or rent a boat. But if you're open to a ride along while I try to find and catch fish, eating BLT's and fishing for limits of one beer.... then click my name, then click on "start a conversation"

Fishing spots are Mission Bay, Pt Loma kelp, and near offshore banks (9 mile, 181, 182, 178).

I also encourage others who have not had strangers from the board to offer a seat or two free of charge to other board members. The memories alone are worth more than a fish of gold!

Thank you all. Tight lines.

Reno

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
I'm a three beer minimum dude. :D

Good luck on your offer, and I hope it turns into a wide open bite for you.

Upvote 0

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
nicest offer I have seen in a while KUDOS. I am coming down from NORCAL to visit my 93 yr old father that just moved to SD from Philly. Told me all the women that were in his assisted living facility were all to old. I will get in touch.

If you ever find yourself up here get in touch. That goes for all Bloddy deckers.

Reactions: ba_reefer
Upvote 0

RenoG

Sep 2, 2016
Poway, CA
www.renog.info
Name
Reno G
Boat
Sea Sea Rider
So far a number of good folks have messaged in. Hopefully we can get everyone off the computers and onto some fish.

Just waiting for another person or two to come along for the maiden voyage to the tuna grounds..... 182 here comes the NOOB crew!!!! Yipeeeeee!

Upvote 0

Ryan Gay

Jul 31, 2015
Oklahoma
Name
Joe Ski
Boat
19.5 deep v cuddy "OUT TO LUNCH"
Given the number of people charging $300 to go fishing on their overpriced houseboats, and an effort of good will to the community, I have decided to offer NO CHARGE fishing trips on my boat, the Sea Sea Rider in Mission Bay, CA on weekends.

I've never had strangers on my boat, but I am convinced here on BD we have some outstanding citizens who would enjoy some time fishing from a private boat with a so-so fisherman (me) and the good people I come across who like to fish the local area.

Of course, if you're looking for an action packed fishing trip' you'll grab a sport boat ticket. If you have plenty of money; you'll charter or rent a boat. But if you're open to a ride along while I try to find and catch fish, eating BLT's and fishing for limits of one beer.... then click my name, then click on "start a conversation"

Fishing spots are Mission Bay, Pt Loma kelp, and near offshore banks (9 mile, 181, 182, 178).

I also encourage others who have not had strangers from the board to offer a seat or two free of charge to other board members. The memories alone are worth more than a fish of gold!

Reno

Reno
I am encouraged to have free "ride alongs" after reading your post.
I only go about 10 to 12 times a year. If you can weed out the numbskulls and pass on underprivileged persons to me I will
1) hold their privacy confidential
2) will not accept any money or compensation
You don't even have to pass their names on to me. Just give my name to them

Upvote 0

RenoG

Sep 2, 2016
Poway, CA
www.renog.info
Name
Reno G
Boat
Sea Sea Rider
Went out today with Adam on this board. Perfect day to be out; calm breeze, low waves. We went to the nine mile, blue clear water; calm seas. It's the first time I've ever been there. We drove around a bit finding no paddies; just lots of trash and pallets of birds sailing west. Out of nowhere came a massive migration or porpoise hundreds jumping and crashing; INSANE! Unfortunately no hook ups.

Went back to the pt loma kelp for a keeper calico, some wide open mystery small fish bite, a mack attack, and calicos at my secret spot. Next time skip I might skip the 3 hr ride to 9 mile and back and spend the time fishing instead of searching and metering and wondering... I think I now understand why you tuna guys leave at 2 am and have high costs; that is a long boat ride and I only got 1/3 of the way out.

Adam was great to have along; good fisherman and great company. I think he just beat us with 13 catches to our 12; but that just sets up the rematch next time we have to fish harder and drive less.

Small craft advisory? Nothing of the sort this afternoon. Winds were light, waves were small. Most of our bites came at anchor before and after sundown sitting fishing the same spot a couple hours over snacks and drinks; waves looked to be about 3 ft west; less than usual for the kelp.

PM / Click my name and click start a conversation if you'd like to come along week.

Reno

Reactions: tresbien
Upvote 0