Opaleye Fishing....

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Dan's probably fished more days than most on here will in 100 lifetimes and still gets fired up catching opaleye off the back of his boat in the harbor. Pretty cool. Thanks Dan

Reactions: Efishnsea and Tvdan

SSUfish

Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Nice video! It's funny how people so underestimate frozen veggies (or your case in a can). I used to snorkel at La Jolla cove and would always bring a bag...talk about an aquarium! Even the 5+lb calico's would come out to feast.

Keep up the videos, it helps pass the time. Thanks!

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Bringing it back to the basics. Another great day on the water. Thanks for sharing!

Efishnsea

Teaching kids how to fish
Aug 2, 2007
Covina, Ca
Name
Ed Efishnsea
Boat
21' Boston Whaler Outrage, + Kayaks--looking for 205 Conquest
Dan, chum up the rocks with fresh bread floating.
Then use a size 14 hook buried with a freshly made breadball from the palm of your hand...flylined at the floating bread. I have gotten all of my grandkids started on fishing this way with competitions to see who would catch more fish. It keeps their interest to come back for more again each time they visit me and Grandma. Its also fun to watch Opaleye, Spotties, Calicos and even Garibaldi somtimes come up and destroy the floating bread with boils. It also keeps the grandkids' interest calling out where the boils are! Its absolutely electric watching the grandkids get sooo exited...

Last edited:
Reactions: sdjfish