Opah out of Oceanside!!!

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
Took my boat out at 1030 this morning to just get it wet after doing all its maintenance for the first time this year.
The ocean was glass so ended up heading towards the 181, about halfway there spot a small paddy and long soaked a dine on 25 lb floro and got picked up.
Thought tail at first but quickly realized way to big with none of the characteristics.
45- 1hour later after spooling us three times I knew it wasnt a shark or we would have been sawed off long ago then I see pink!!! so stoked
I handed my friend the rod after I got hooked up as hes from arizona and this is his first fish on a private boat, he said man I was hoping to catch a tail:)
last pic of gps shows where it was caught then auto pilot WOT back to harbor weighed at kens.
ericbendo.JPG
Opah2.png
Opah.png
Opah-scale.jpg

opah3.png

opahdeck.JPG

opahcolor.JPG

opahkens.JPG

opahgps.JPG

opahbloody.jpeg

Last edited:

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
I know im still smiling first fish on the boat for 2014 is an Opah? Cant beleive it
WTF, that is a freaking one in a million lifetime event. You, my friend need to go place a bet, NOW!! Nice job fellas. Damn it. And he was disappointed it wasn't a tail. Your gonna have a good year.
Big Tentacles out !

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    :appl: