blaskpa

FAMOUS GROUSE
Oct 1, 2010
Kailua/HI/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
FamousGrouse
Headed out Kbay just before sunrise with my daughter and her friend. Rare slight seas so was able to run till U. Few scattered birds and the piles running 10-12 knots... chased for a while on several, released a few tiny mahi. No activity after 20 miles turned back towards home at 24. Somewhere around 18 miles save by mr ono on the starboard rigger. Sweet sound of rigger pop and screaming reel woke the kids up to land the fish.
Great day on the water!!

IMG-0521.JPG

water
IMG951786.jpg
IMG-1796.JPG

Upvote 0

blufin10

TightLines666
Dec 8, 2005
Ewa Beach - Hawaii
Name
John
Boat
Hi'ilawe - 78Dyer29
Headed out Kbay just before sunrise with my daughter and her friend. Rare slight seas so was able to run till U. Few scattered birds and the piles running 10-12 knots... chased for a while on several, released a few tiny mahi. No activity after 20 miles turned back towards home at 24. Somewhere around 18 miles save by mr ono on the starboard rigger. Sweet sound of rigger pop and screaming reel woke the kids up to land the fish.
Great day on the water!!

View attachment 849873
waterView attachment 849872 View attachment 849874

Nice work!

Looks like we have great fishing weather this week. All that wind last week pushed the cold water south, and it looks like the Wahoo fishing has improved. Hopefully those little Mahi are replaced by the bigger models in the coming weeks.

If only the Ahi would come back?

John

Last edited:
Upvote 0