JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
18' Olympic CC, Krystana C.
First ono for 2021! Boat was down with corroded fuel tank so one thing led to another - replaced fuel tank, replaced rotten floor panel, install seat riser. Feels good to be waterborne again.
Ono estimated weight about 35 lbs. Fish hits at 1:15 in the afternoon, we were ready to call it quits.
Ono 4.20.21.jpg

Feb 16, 2021
Spokane
Name
George Rodriguez
Boat
Not a thing
First ono for 2021! Boat was down with corroded fuel tank so one thing led to another - replaced fuel tank, replaced rotten floor panel, install seat riser. Feels good to be waterborne again.
Ono estimated weight about 35 lbs. Fish hits at 1:15 in the afternoon, we were ready to call it quits.
View attachment 1275113
Right on! Your ohana looks stoked!👊🏽🤙🏽

Reactions: JimmyK
Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Jimmy and crew,
Me likey some Ono; good going on that scissor lipped bastid. The seat riser gives you a better look?

Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Jimmy and crew,
Me likey some Ono; good going on that scissor lipped bastid. The seat riser gives you a better look?

Cheers
Pat
Thanks Pat,
Yes on the seat riser, I also made a step between the console and riser so now even my wife can drive looking over the windshield. This boat made for us short Okinawans, LOL. Hope to get out soon and snag more of the razor gang...

Aloha,
Jimmy

Seat riser_20201125.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hiloboy

Okinawaiian Sencho
Feb 26, 2009
Okinawa Japan
Name
Donald
Boat
Yamaha 25 SR Flybridge
Hey Jimmy, good to see a post from you! Congrats on everything from da boat to da Ono!!

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Aloha Hiloboy,
Great to hear from you! Been a while since talking story. I hope all is well with you, we are all fine fat and dandy, LOL. Thanks for the compliments, hope to get more fish on board soon. Take care!

Reactions: hiloboy
Upvote 0

shinchan

Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Jimmy, you're out and about! Haven't seen you for a while, good going on the ono! Is the ono on some sort of mobile fish sink/carrier?

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Hi Randy,
Great to hear from you, long time since we caught anything so this was a treat. The ono is on a worx aerocart that I bought at Home Depot. Was marked down so I grabbed it. Pretty cool, huh? LOL...Hopefully can put some shibis in there too! Hope to see you out at the boat harbor one day, good luck fishing!

Reactions: shinchan
Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Jimmy and crew,

Cheers
Pat

Pat, this is the view from the helm now. I made a enclosure for the electronics so can't see anything through it. Now even sitting down I can see over the box. Very comfortable now!
View from the helm_20210410.jpg

Reactions: anykine77
Upvote 0

d44boy

Bait Cutter
Jan 22, 2012
Kaneohe
Name
Dana
Boat
14' McKee - 'Ihilani
Right on Jimmy! Glad to see you still fishing and catching! Dunno if you remember me but I bought a pair of shotguns from you and you helped weld them up for me! Appreciated it then and still appreciate it now. Have a good season!!!!!!

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Right on Jimmy! Glad to see you still fishing and catching! Dunno if you remember me but I bought a pair of shotguns from you and you helped weld them up for me! Appreciated it then and still appreciate it now. Have a good season!!!!!!
Thank you d44boy,
Are you the guy with the small Whaler? I kind of forget already, but thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear the shotguns working for you, hope you get some big ones this year. Thanks again and go hook em up!

Upvote 0

d44boy

Bait Cutter
Jan 22, 2012
Kaneohe
Name
Dana
Boat
14' McKee - 'Ihilani
Thank you d44boy,
Are you the guy with the small Whaler? I kind of forget already, but thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear the shotguns working for you, hope you get some big ones this year. Thanks again and go hook em up!
Yup, well it was a small McKee but same smell. Yup but now on to a 17' whaler so slowly growing! Thanks and good luck to u as well this season!

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Yup, well it was a small McKee but same smell. Yup but now on to a 17' whaler so slowly growing! Thanks and good luck to u as well this season!
Good going for you, stepping up! Keep in touch and hope to hear many a good fish story.

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Nice one Jimmy! Hoping to get one of those myself. Where’d you get that top shade from on your center console?
Thank you ryanh12, I got it from T-Topless/folding t-tops. I got this one since it bolts to the rails on the center console, did not want to hurt my feet kicking 2" pipes on the deck. (Boat is narrow). I think I spent about $1300 for the top.

Upvote 0