Only 2 trips in May hope to hit it harder in June LOL

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by shfish, May 31, 2018.

1. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Aloha Captains,

Sorry for not being on the post for awhile, been busy with a new position at work and finally got settled in also any of you can hit me up on Facebook and instagram I tend to post there more often. I was only able to take two trips this month but was able to blood the box on both not really anything to brag about just a couple of tuna's.

First Trip was on 7 May just me and the wife launched late from Sand Island around 7am, wife needed her beauty sleep LOL. when I hit the number one buoy My buddy Sean called me and landed one at the CO, so I started to push the throttle a little harder to get around Barbers Point. Then When I hit the point called Capt. Pat on the Kai Nana he landed one around 120 inside of the pinnacle, and I just set lines about 9am outside of the power plant, went out to the 1500 found a pod of the "right Porpoise" outside corner went then came off:( now thinking dam that might be my only chance, so I made the decision to stay in the area and work the the 1500 to the 500 in Nanakuli at this time already around 1030am, around 1145am I spotted some birds doing the right things headed to the 300 off of the 500 a couple of charter boats and a couple of Koalina boats already headed in to the birds before I could get there took the up current path on the outside so once the boats went through I could make my run in, didn't see anyone hook up but I always give it a look you never know... I guess I was really lucky the other boats quickly started to pull away not sure why so I worked my way in about 300 yards out from the birds my outside corner pops and reel screaming... Yes what I was waiting for, as I climbed down the bridge my Center comes down "Double" then the starboard Rigger pops yes "Triple" in the excitement the admiral turned the boat 90 degrees and two of my line's popped Oh well didn't get mad we still had one on and was really happy my wife came out with me LOL.
    First Ahi of the year about 102lb

Trip 2, went out Memorial Day, took a gamble and chased a current line 20 miles outside of HH paid off picked up (2) 70lb Shibis then took a double boat another Ahi around 115 and lost the other to a Tax collector LOL anyway planning to hit it a little harder in June:) good luck out there captains see you out there

Aloha Spens

IMG_0761-5.jpeg IMG_0853.jpg IMG_0854.jpg IMG_0857.jpg IMG_0859.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. blufin10

blufin10 TightLines666

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Hi'ilawe - 78Dyer29

Good goin captain!

I saw you out there, and was one of the boats that left that pile. Interesting you caught by HH when my friend was fishing the area same time, and no knockdowns.

3. Butakuchi

Butakuchi Newbie

Name:
    Cary s. yamauchi
    Boat:
    None
    Aloha Spens, looks like you had fun on both of your holos. Olu and I just wanted to touch bases with you, we're still looking for our first for this season. See you soon Cary.

4. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Captain Spens, that sounds like the perfect way to get the monkey off your back. 2 for 2 is awesome, looking forward to many more reports from ya

5. blufin10

blufin10 TightLines666

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Hi'ilawe - 78Dyer29
    Is that tuna head that was taken by a False Killer Whale, the interaction with the video that was posted online recently? Whale took the fish from starboard to port just eastern of the vessel.

6. 808shorecaster

808shorecaster Member

Good way to start the year, nice job getting rid of the monkey.

7. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Thanks captain just got lucky

8. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Thanks captain you going get yours for sure

9. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Thanks captain I’ll call you later

10. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Thanks captain

11. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Spens,
    You should post the video of you guys (The Captain and you) on your first fish, the high five after pulling it over the rail was priceless. Good goin' on the 2 successful trips in May. Don't feel to bad, I think I only made out twice in the month as well.

Cheers
    Pat

12. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Thanks Captain, I plan to head out later week or early next week ill let you know what happens until then go loadem up

Mahalo Spens

13. russell kato

russell kato "Kamoku"

Name:
    russ
    Boat:
    15' Arima - Kamoku
    Spencer, Congrats on the great catches! Nice way to start the season with your wife and you getting the first Ahi of 2018. Way to keep bringing em in with the shibin and more Ahi. Looks like 2018 is going to be a good year!

14. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Aloha Captain Russ, my aloha to you and your family:) Mahalo for the congrats I hope we all have a great season this year see you in da water captain

Spens