One of those days- kaneohe

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by seauinda30s, Apr 24, 2010.

1. seauinda30s

seauinda30s no aku birds

Name:
    rexy
    Boat:
    20ft winner, bonnie k
    :devil:Howzit BDer's, Greenhorn on bloody decks but young old timer on the ocean.
    IF your from kaneohe you'll reconize the boat(Bonnie k) and i also used to fish with my uncle on his (Roxy M) before he had to sell it. Anyway left the harbor late @ 6-630 headed straight out pushing 14knts admiring the water on how mellow it was compared to wednesday when we went to the banks. At 13miles saw a sm pile that had all aku(rats) dropped a aku lure in then snap! the spreader pops and the drag starts going, bringing it in we see a 16lb mahi jumping :eyepoppin we'll take that bring it in the boat then off we went with no bites till 24 miles saw a open school "pushing throttle a little" to gain ground then bam!!! center comes down 130 starts singing watching the back of the boat a i see nice size donkey about 250+ tail walking and the fight was on 20mins later fish is at leader all of a sudden she starts diving and making circles like a ahi while i'm in gear and pop main line cut it happen so fast couldnt do anything.
    so if anyone catch's a marlin with a chrome head and stainless hooks can i have my lure back lol that was my #one lure and most productive set up.
    Reset the spread and off we went 15mins back in action i see a bid bird pile and the one and olny pass we get we get a triple and bring all in "otaru" 2 miles from that pile i see another pile moving, just get in the outside of the pile and pop both outriggers take off then the center then both corners just when i slow down my brand spanking new 50 shimano takes off all 6 lines on lose 3 catch 3. rest of the day nadas,pick lines up at 13 miles headed to the barn sorry so long guys and no pictures the cam wasnt working properly and we had the whole marlin fight on there from knockdown to leader next time. Tight lines- rex aka( rexy)

2. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Welcome aboard Rexy,

Sounds like an action packed for sure, sorry you had to donate a lure.

Pat

3. tall8420man

tall8420man Newbie

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    Magic Man
    Good day on the water. Hope we can run into those birds tomorrow!

4. cheehuli

cheehuli Newbie

Name:
    Chase
    Boat:
    24' Custom Sampan "Girlie T"
    Alright! Some blimps in the box. I like it. Tough luck on the donk.....Hope you can find another lure like the one you lost. Anywyz welcome aboard! Always nice to have another experienced eastsider fo talk story wit.
    Aloha, Chase