one of our own attacked by pitbulls in avalon????

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Reactions: reel man

Johnny Hirn

Mar 2, 2015
Simi Valley
Name
Johnny
Boat
Kayak
Don't blame these dogs blame the owners. Obviously if a dog was created to fight, there are going to be more of them out there with these problems. I have owned a pit bull for over 8 years now and he is the sweetest thing on Earth. The only way he could harm you is with his tongue and he try's to kiss you to death. Please do not take out anger on the dogs when humanity in the first place is the cause.

Haly0

Pescado hunter
Aug 10, 2015
Surf city, usa
Name
Hal
Boat
lightest load party boat available
100% owners fault. I wish a full recovery for the both of them from this tragic attack. Hopefully he hired a great attorney. & To the vicious dog owner (doesn't matter which breed), I hope you're ready to pay those medical bills. You're one sorry excuse of a dog owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigeasy

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
i blame both the dogs and the owner.the lady was in over her head, after all its only a matter of time before the DNA rears its ugly head. i have no sympathy for the offending dogs, my sympathy goes to the human victim and his dog. i bet if you asked the lady owner 5 minutes before the attack if her dogs were mean she'd say something like, "oh they're sweethearts, they wouldn't hurt a fly" you never know when those breeds will snap. or maybe better to say, you never know when they will realize that they're at the top of the food chain, no matter who's in the room.

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
a fisherman and his dog attacked by pits in avalon. maybe he's someone we know??? video is pretty graphic.

hope he and his dog make a full recovery, and the offenders put down.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/21/i-was-being-chewed-on-catalina-island-dog-attack-victim-says-after-saving-his-6-pound-terrier-from-2-larger-dogs/
There is no other solution for these animals, but to put them down. When they lose their control, and attack a man and his dog then they can never be trusted again.

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
I have a pit and she is now 17 years old... and not one time has she bitten ANYONE or even ANOTHER dog (a jack russell) that was attacking her in those 17 years... its the owner not the breed... the fact of the matter is that more people are bitten by other "cute dog breeds" that people think of... example = chiwawa's bite more people by 1000 to 1 compared to pit bulls... the reason pit bulls are "so dangerous" to the general public eye is because they are highly publicized when a bite happens (and yes when it does happen there is generally damage)... I'm so tired of people blaming the dog and not the owner... when a child runs a muck in a store are these same people blaming the child?? no they blame the parent(s) as it should be... and same as it should be for the dog owners!! one of my best friends is a mail carrier and he will attest as well its the owner over the breed.

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
There is no other solution for these animals, but to put them down. When they lose their control, and attack a man and his dog then they can never be trusted again.
I do unfortunately agree.. they do need to be put down... but had they been properly raised this would not likely have happened.

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
I used to say "blame the owner" with regards to pits..My oldest son rescued a red nose years ago..he passed away last year from cancer and I have to say he was one of the best dogs you could ever ask for..calm, cool, loyal...very loving. Last year after his dogs death, he bought another pit (a bluenose) puppy and he a little over a year old now, unfortunately, he is not a nice dog :( my son has had a hard time socializing him and he shows his teeth and growls at everybody and every animal..my son loves this dog but cannot take him anywhere, nor can he have other dogs come to his house..it's terrible..but now I can no longer say "blame the owner" because my son has tried everything to socialize his dog..neutered, even tried doggy prozac..had a professional trainer work with him etc....ugh I think it's a crapshoot with these dogs, you just don't know..he got lucky on his first pit, but not his second one.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Blame the owner ? ridiculous,does that dog owner look like somebody that would raise vicious dogs ?
maybe she was at CAT. for the annual dog fights? :D

Reactions: BiggestT

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
I used to say "blame the owner" with regards to pits..My oldest son rescued a red nose years ago..he passed away last year from cancer and I have to say he was one of the best dogs you could ever ask for..calm, cool, loyal...very loving. Last year after his dogs death, he bought another pit (a bluenose) puppy and he a little over a year old now, unfortunately, he is not a nice dog :( my son has had a hard time socializing him and he shows his teeth and growls at everybody and every animal..my son loves this dog but cannot take him anywhere, nor can he have other dogs come to his house..it's terrible..but now I can no longer say "blame the owner" because my son has tried everything to socialize his dog..neutered, even tried doggy prozac..had a professional trainer work with him etc....ugh I think it's a crapshoot with these dogs, you just don't know..he got lucky on his first pit, but not his second one.
perfect example, same owner, 2 very different results.

tugasangler

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
Name
James
Boat
Yankee Capts
Those aren't even true American pitbull terriers .. they're American bullies that were probably back yard bread .. real apbt are much smaller dog . Think BRUCE lee

tugasangler

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
Name
James
Boat
Yankee Capts
Also real american pit bull terriers don't come blue ... and there is no such thing as red nose blue nose .

Johnny Hirn

Mar 2, 2015
Simi Valley
Name
Johnny
Boat
Kayak
@plj46 she doesn't have to raise them to be aggressive but it could be from neglect. EXAMPLE: if a parent doesn't ever teach their kid to be a bully, yet they neglect the child and do not properly raise them, then the parent is at fault when that child becomes a bully. Same thing for the dogs. I have seen people who neglect any breed of dog including labs and in the situation, the dogs can lash out. My own personal friend is an owner to two pit bulls (the are amazing dogs) and he was bitten viciously by a labrador just when he walked by.

Reactions: Bigeasy

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
I had 1. Best dog I ever had. I've had LOTS of dogs. They must be socialized. It was funny watching other dogs smell me when my dog wasn't with me. Some dogs would literally run because they were scared. But when you live out in the country you can't have a pussy dog. When I had a huge lab, the coyotes had no fear of coming in the yard. When I had the pit. No coyotes, bobcats. Call me a fucking redneck. But they have their place.

Reactions: repo805