1. paddy waker

paddy waker Captain smurf

Name:
    Tony Palmer
    Boat:
    Paddy Wacker 21' Striper 18' Stringari
    Late report .
    Weather side of the north island was holding some larger models . Limited by 8 am Friday and done by 9 am on Saturday on some better grade fish . If you plan on fishing the the Coronados make sure you have your visas. Mexican Navy are checking .
    Team Paddywacker will be targeting Bluefin this weekend . Have fun at the circus .:-)

IMG_20180629_190626_560.jpg IMG_20180630_180345_797.jpg

2. El Chiva

El Chiva Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Nomad
    Boat:
    Parker 2120 Nomad
    Excellent! That’s a whack job.

Paddyman1 likes this.
  3. Yong Yong

Yong Yong Member

Name:
    Ron Hendley
    Boat:
    Triumph 195 CC - "Yong Yong"
    Did they check you for your TIP?

4. two dog

two dog Newbie

Name:
    jim shaw
    Boat:
    none
    I think a blind fisherman could limit out lately

Yong Yong likes this.
  5. Yong Yong

Yong Yong Member

Name:
    Ron Hendley
    Boat:
    Triumph 195 CC - "Yong Yong"
    Ha ha.....
    TIP is a Temporary Import Permit that's required to bring a boat down to Mexico. They sometimes check for that paperwork.

6. mhanson59hb

mhanson59hb Fear No Fish

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Outstanding. Good looking hamachi line up!

Tuna Vic likes this.
  7. Tuna Vic

Tuna Vic I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Victor
    Boat:
    18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
    Nice!

8. paddy waker

Name:
    Tony Palmer
    Boat:
    I was told you only need the TIP if you make port . So far no one I know has been asked for it when checked by the Navy.

Yong Yong and Bottom Line like this.
  9. mtb_prodigy

mtb_prodigy Newbie

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    Defiance 250EX
    Really?! If a license is all I need Id head down there tomorrow! I just bought a boat but due to the paperwork Ive been avoiding the coronados.

I havent registered it yet either will they give me problems for that?

10. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    The answer is YES.

You are required to have a TIP but they don't always ask. What they will ask for, for sure is.... your Mexican fishing license, your passport ( also required by the US to legally leave and return to this country ) your visa or FMM ( issued by the navy for on the water use. ) your current registration. those are for sure, what you might be asked for along with that is, proof of Mexican insurance, a radio operators license ( not a Mexican requirement it is an international law ) You can get a TIP and your visa/FMM here on line. https://www.californiasportfishing.org/fmm-visitor-form. This is really easy to do, it costs about $26.00 per person. THE MINIMUM you can expect to be asked for is, Mexican fishing license, passport, FMM, and your current registration. Everyone on the boat must have all of that, except the registration.
    it's easy to get, it's cheap... don't fuck up your fishing trip by not having it and don't fuck up fishing down there for everyone else by not complying with the minimum so they don't get real hard core and fuck with everyone else.

New boat? First boat? Be safe, be courteous, have fun.

11. daluvian

daluvian Newbie

Name:
    Adog
    Boat:
    pilothouse custom
    It doesn’t seem easy every trip need to pay 32$ Per person the process is stupid pay a fee, then email receipt to someone other place and hope for a email with approval? Wtf is this shit they really fucked us on that. Why not raise the Mexican license price or make something yearly for within the 12 me radius. Does anyone know for sure on this TiP I’m trying to fill out the website and for port of entry I don’t know what to put, it’s a slide down column and there all in spanish I don’t see anything about coming in by sea or about Coronados

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. Otto

Otto Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat:
    19 SeaPro
    Walk across the border and buy your 180 day fmm visa good for fishing the Coronado islands for less than $30 per person. You can buy a TIP permit at this location also. I believe it's good for ten years. Conapesca told me it was not needed.

13. paddy waker

Name:
    Tony Palmer
    Boat:
    You can not use the 180 day visa for multiple entries by sea . However if that was the case i would gladly pay a reasonable fee to do so .

Hustler likes this.
  14. Otto

Otto Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Boat:
    19 SeaPro
    I understand your concerns and I understand that most people refuse to use because the way the Mexicans write their laws. On the other hand, rarely has a boat been impounded and most of the time, they tell you to go home. When you walk across the border, they all say it's what you do and need to be legal fishing off the coronados multi-use for 180 days fishing from San Diego. Over and over. I've been checked twice and was told I was okay. Rarely am I checked and if the navy doesn't like my visa, they will tell me to go home. That has not happened.

Bottom Line likes this.
  15. Otto

Otto Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Boat:
    19 SeaPro
    Heard one guy gave the navy his expired visa and was told he was okay.

16. Otto

Otto Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Boat:
    19 SeaPro
    Never have I heard of someone/anyone checked by the Mexican Navy with a Visa purchased at the border and having a problem !

17. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    Should change his avatar name to paddy-wacker instead.

18. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    For the port of entry put down Ensenada or Ens. If you have problems with there English version, use google chrome it will translate everything for you.
    No doubt about it, it can be confusing and this is mostly the Mexicans fault... one agency doesn't know what the other one is doing. All this shit changed when they started requiring a visa to fish down there, the on the water stuff is different... you used to only have to get a TIP if you entered a port, but they want money and they want it from the fishing community, thus having a visa/fmm and a TIP is required if your boat is in Mexican waters. You won't hear that from the different agencies and you might not even be asked for it by the navy,depending on who it is checking you... Like I always say, "just because a law isn't enforced doesn't mean it isn't the law". That is what you are supposed to have and for $50 for ten years is it worth risking your fishing trip, the money you lose if they send you home is more than that.
    I'm curious, do they make you fill out a manifest when you get your visa at the border? If you have gotten away with it you have been real lucky because it is not good for on the water. they are all different and they all cost a different amount, by air, by land, and by sea. Your on the water visa/fmm is only good for one entry and one departure and it costs $26, but you have 180 days to use that one entry and one departure.
    I too think it is all bullshit... it would be nice if they went back to the time you got a permit for your boat and it covered everyone on it... no passport, visa, fishing lic. it covered it all... but that will never happen. We can all bitch and wish it was something different but the fact is, it is their call and if we don't play their game it will only get worse, not better.

For the record, I don't care where you get your visa, I'm not trying to argue with you, there is no argument. I am only trying to let you know what the Mexican navy has said they want and help save some people the cost of finding out the hard way... so save your energy giving me a bunch of shit, it's not my rules or my call, it's theirs.
    I don't care what you do or how you go about it, just do something so you don't end up fucking it up for everyone else. For those of you have been around long enough.... look at what happened to the sporties, they got 86 from the Islands for a year, don't think it can't happen to the private boaters too. When they get tired of putting up with people's bullshit they will get real hard core just to make a point and show who is in control. I know I would, wouldn't you?

19. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Village idiot

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    Go here & fill out your info - put in the # of passengers, select the start & end dates that equal 180 days and pay your fee. The only issue I had is I attempted to input my passport card # but the site wants your passbook number, I have both so it's no issue.

https://www.banjercito.com.mx/registroEmbarques/

You will get a .pdf that you can make as many copies as you like.

Boat registration
    Mex license for everyone
    passports

You DON'T need a radio license unless your boat is documented (no CF numbers) - same as in the states.

You DON'T need a TIP unless you're towing down or making port.

20. Deepsea Warrant

Deepsea Warrant No Status Required

Name:
    Ray
    Boat:
    None
    Great info Gonzo25. I do remember the days when it was easy to fish Mex.