longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat Name
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Launched this morning with Michael and headed south to try and get on some tuna. We skipped on getting bait which was a mistake on my part in hopes of getting bit on poppers and spreader bars. The ocean conditions were amazing all day and got down to the zone pretty quickly.

As soon as we were south of the 425 we found fish ranging from 20 to 100+ and chased them all day while dragging the spreader around. Unfortunately all we got was a big Bonito on the spreader bar and no love on the poppers or surface lures. Water ranged from 60 to 66 closer to upper hidden and was very clean.

We stopped by north island on the way in just to see if anything was around. We dragged Rapalas on the weather side for nada. I did get lucky though on the Lee of pukey with a solid yellow. It was by far the most memorable surface iron bite I've had with this fish blowing up on the jig like a tuna on the popper.

Unfortunately the tuna eluded us today but the yellow took the sting off a bit. Good luck and stay safe!
    2F81C7C6-.jpg

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat Name
    arima - the SLIDER
    I bet if Michael and You, not me >:(, fished the island with bait, you would probably be posting 5-10 of those models.

:rofl:

Nice job guys.

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat Name
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Nice work and report! The heartbreaker would have been if a dog stole it at gaff, then proceeded to devour it a couple of yards away! (As they do!) Quality yellow.

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
    Valley Center, CA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    You did not suck as a captain. You are the best fisherman/captain I know. It just wasn’t our day. We will prevail though brother. I can guarantee you that.
    Yep. I have to agree. You don't suck. My money is on you to produce. There are private boaters who reliably get into the pelagics and you are one of them. However, even the best will whiff.

John

Upvote 0

Sea Bacon

Almost A Member
  • Aug 24, 2018
    Murrieta
    Name
    Art
    Boat Name
    Sea Bacon
    Was out there on 5/4 also. We searched the 226, 302, 371, and upper hidden. Didn't see much life. Water was 59 at the Upper and 61 at the 371. Headed to the nados for the afternoon and had a good time hooking some bass and fat mackerels. Headed home around 2PM and the ocean turned to crap. 2-3' swells were probably 7-8' with 15mph winds. Not a fun ride on a 21 footer.

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0