On the water report. 10 day independence.

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
We will be home tomorrow morning. A bit about how the trip went. It started off a bit slow but improved in the days to come. If you wanted tuna in the 25-45 and you were in the water with a 1/0 or 2/0 hook you were almost guaranteed a tuna. 40 pound line worked good and 50 was not a problem to get bit fast. Then we moved to a dorado area that produced quick limits of good size. Any pound test line works but leave the jigs in your tackle box. Only live bait was safe because the dorado would shake its head and jigs were flying in a very unsafe way. Now onto the yellowtail. Nice big yellowtail was on the menu with limited style fishing. The dropper loop and jigs would get the yellowtail frisky and will to play. These fish fight hard for their size. Going 15-35 pounds. Dropper loop using a 80-100 pound with a 16 ounce sinker was the ticket. Jigs. Well almost all jigs got bit and at times the surface iron was a blast. I want to thank the crew and a stellar job and Danny our charter master. This group was great hanging out and everyone working tougher. We will be in around 6AM Tomorrow morning. After sorting fish I will be on the 11 day that departs around 930. I will have a report on that trip. O and I forgot the wahoo were not showing like in years past. 9 wahoo and the water coloring was green. The water has cleaned up and I hear from other boats the wahoo started playing yesterday.

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
We will be home tomorrow morning. A bit about how the trip went. It started off a bit slow but improved in the days to come. If you wanted tuna in the 25-45 and you were in the water with a 1/0 or 2/0 hook you were almost guaranteed a tuna. 40 pound line worked good and 50 was not a problem to get bit fast. Then we moved to a dorado area that produced quick limits of good size. Any pound test line works but leave the jigs in your tackle box. Only live bait was safe because the dorado would shake its head and jigs were flying in a very unsafe way. Now onto the yellowtail. Nice big yellowtail was on the menu with limited style fishing. The dropper loop and jigs would get the yellowtail frisky and will to play. These fish fight hard for their size. Going 15-35 pounds. Dropper loop using a 80-100 pound with a 16 ounce sinker was the ticket. Jigs. Well almost all jigs got bit and at times the surface iron was a blast. I want to thank the crew and a stellar job and Danny our charter master. This group was great hanging out and everyone working tougher. We will be in around 6AM Tomorrow morning. After sorting fish I will be on the 11 day that departs around 930. I will have a report on that trip. O and I forgot the wahoo were not showing like in years past. 9 wahoo and the water coloring was green. The water has cleaned up and I hear from other boats the wahoo started playing yesterday.
Enjoy the turn around.

Reactions: Soda Pop
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Thanks SODA... for the update. Got my new "fake" I.D...... it says my name is SODA POP.. complete with my picture. ....heading down to the landing now......!

"What do you mean..... there's ANOTHER SODA POP checked in already?".....lol. Well I guess HALLOWEEN was yesterday. Be safe my Brother.

Upvote 0

Luke

Uses alot of bait!
    Aug 19, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Luke
    Boat
    none
    Thank you for the report. I am on the trip that follows your turn-around 11 dayer. Hopefully the Wahoo fishing improves.

We have never met but we should have somewhere along the line. by the way, I went to Gardena HS with your neighbors Debbie and Joe.

Luke

Latest posts