fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
And why do you and 13 other people who agreed with you feel this way again?
I was taught that when I was visiting someones home to respect and follow the rules of the house be it taking off your shoes
, not smoking, etc etc...and if i couldn't or didn't want to adhere to the house rules don't go to the home....pretty simple.....

Last edited:

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Boy....did we touch a "hot button" issue here. It was never meant to enrage or enflame anyone. It wasn't done in anger. Certainly was NEVER meant to jeopardize the delicate balance of politics and patience between our countries. ...and our territorial agreements. Your points...YELLOWTAIL are valid....All of them!!! With that understanding....I thank you for your post...and patience. Be safe out there.

Reactions: Warlord

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
USS Howard W Gilmore AS-16 Sub Pac6
More importantly, why do you feel so differently?
Eco tourism like diving and fishing can co exist is the short answer. Money changing hands is the longer answer that would take to much space to talk about here. They sure drained my wallet when I did my 16 day dive trip to every spot you all are complaining about not being allowed access to last November Could it possibly be that the average long range guy only really cares about is a low price and will rally against price increases or people who would advocate for them? From both perspectives what’s going on here as a fisherman and diver that the Mexican government wants our business and sees diving as another source of revenue that we (fisherman) are not matching. The skids are not being greased properly by the folks doing the greasing. Those photos I took and posted to this thread cost lots of daily park fees that the rangers happily accepted.
All the blame should be placed on the shoulders of the Earth Island Institute for stirring this pot regarding dolphin safe tuna and lack of observers on Mexican tuna fleet. Embargo their tuna fleet and what do you guys expect? Reverse that embargo immediately and back pedal about how wrong we were mooch mooch buy them a few gunboats and all will return to normal.

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
I was taught that when I was visiting someones home to respect and follow the rules of the house be it taking off your shoes off, not smoking, etc etc...and if i couldn't or didn't want to adhere to the house rules don't go to the home....pretty simple.....
This isn’t someone’s home it’s a fishing forum.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I do not believe the Mexican government is extorting the resource for money. If the area is closed they make no money. A closed area is the same as duck hunting, a safe area is put in the middle of the reserve. When the ducks come in to feed in the morning they all seem to land in the safe zone but in reality you end up with your limit anyway. I really miss the beauty of the islands personally and hope to see them but understand. Absolutely like that the commercials are off limits. In this age of air observation why would you need more gun boats?

Reactions: Warlord

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
I do not believe the Mexican government is extorting the resource for money. If the area is closed they make no money. A closed area is the same as duck hunting, a safe area is put in the middle of the reserve. When the ducks come in to feed in the morning they all seem to land in the safe zone but in reality you end up with your limit anyway. I really miss the beauty of the islands personally and hope to see them but understand. Absolutely like that the commercials are off limits. In this age of air observation why would you need more gun boats?
My will was going to designate a significant donation to Costa Rica if they had these at Coco’s Island to sink or fire shots across the bows of illegal shark fishing vessels from Indonesia and South America. Was also planning on donating the ammunition they would need to equip such gun boats. I was convinced the accounting and miss appropriation of my generosity by said Park rangers who appeared susceptible to corruption would make my intentions and good deeds disappear and the boat would be sold for spare parts. Poachers need to be stopped and the Sea Shepherds will need to wait a few more years before I purchase them a battle ship. This is no joke. Go all out Bob Barker on these guys.

Last edited:

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
As far as the fish boats or dive boats issue I have never seen a dive boat at Clarion Island on any of my trips there. (In the past) Safety in diving would discount Clarion as there is more big animals and established dive sites around Socorro Is.

Last edited:

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
As far as the fish boats or dive boats issue I have never seen a dive boat at Clarion Island on any of my trips there. (In the past)
As far as the fish boats or dive boats issue I have never seen a dive boat at Clarion Island on any of my trips there. (In the past) Safety in diving would discount Clarion as there is more big animals and established dive sites around Socorro Is.
One would think yet the captain of the Nautilus Explorer pictured here asked us to vote on diving at Alijos Rocks, or Mag bay for stripers. May return next year to dive Alijos when asked for a vote. Safety in diving would not discount Clarion being off the menu for the Nautilus, it was talked about. You Got a handle on what and where is safe for divers? Clarion would be a dream destination and lobsters there are thick as thieves. Only can take pictures and leave only bubbles. Some great photo opportunitys.
559BADEB-6610-4701-9782-839BE9397950.jpeg
DD72126A-3A53-4BFA-81A9-A70D657C7E7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kbray001

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
One would think yet the captain of the Nautilus Explorer pictured here asked us to vote on diving at Alijos Rocks, or Mag bay for stripers. May return next year to dive Alijos when asked for a vote. Safety in diving would not discount Clarion being off the menu for the Nautilus, it was talked about. You Got a handle on what and where is safe for divers? Clarion would be a dream destination and lobsters there are thick as thieves.View attachment 1106962View attachment 1106963

Sorry to rain on your parade....lobsters are illegal unless you are a Mexican citizen...

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
Sorry to rain on your parade....lobsters are illegal unless you are a Mexican citizen...
The one pictured was speared by my Mexican dive guide. We all posed with said lobster at Clarion.

Reactions: Fishybuzz

Jay-Hook

Nov 11, 2013
Los Gatos
Name
Jay
Boat
None
Yah but. Negative thread jack on something positive. Ceases to amaze me.

Posting a food report from a previous trip. On someone's, On the water real time report? Its very distracting to the OPs, On the water report about fishing.

How about starting a new different thread. About food. Instead of destroying a, On the water report. Which makes others hesitant to post on the water reports. Hence robbing members of future, On the water reports

Nothing wrong with a food discussion. Wrong place, inappropriate and rude imo. Imo
They should add a "Kill Button". Enough readers hit the button, the post gets killed.

Reactions: Pangamaster

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Yes... Completely illegal. However a diver is soooo much more perfect so they have the rights. Has anyone seen a dive boat at Clarion, yet they have carte blanche.

Last edited:

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
Yes... Completely illegal. However a diver is soooo much more perfect so they have the rights,
You miss the part about the Mexican Navy guy spearing the lobster and passing it around to the passengers on the Excel who were invited on the island for a swim and a picnic?

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
And that picture imply that the divers are lying and also they approve of poaching by taking a picture of the lobster with them holding it. Also that they know it is illegal. That is like a fisherman caught with a possession of fish and his reply is he did not catch it. Either you or the pictured diver would pay the fine in court when ticketed.

Trained LA County diver since 1988. I love diving raw66, and love lobster hunting too...

Last edited:

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
And that picture imply that the divers are lying and also they approve of poaching by taking a picture of the lobster with them holding it. Also that they know it is illegal. That is like a fisherman caught with a possession of fish and his reply is he did not catch it. Either you or the pictured diver would pay the fine in court when ticketed.
Maybe you should look at the pictures more closely then. What else you got? This guy look like a diver to you? Trained in 86 so I got you by two years Bill. We should buddie up and do a 16 day trip on the Nautilus. Totally serious invitation buddy.
6FEB0E4B-5D79-4B22-AA84-7D4C60968838.jpeg

Last edited:

yellowfish26

Totally Nude 24/7
Aug 21, 2008
Chula Vista/Ca/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
As usual on here one of you old stuffy fuckers can't stick to a topic and have to hijack a thread because you have short attention spans. Soda had a great thread going and you had to start hashing your political bullshit out on it. Feel free to have those discussions here on BD, just start your own NEW thread. Its not difficult to do. Its funny how the older some of you fuckers get, the more juvenile you act.

Have a great trip Soda and company. Hope you guys get on em real quick.

Last edited: