woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
SODA....question. Should HURRICANE remain barren.....can you guys officially or unofficially visit Clarion, Roca, Siccoro etc? Secrets being kept. Clarion has their Naval Weather Station....where you use to check in with "local" officials upon arrival. Just wondering if the Inside banks become the next destination....due to regs and agreements with the S.D. fleet and the government? Outside the second.zone? Wink wink....

• Angry
Reactions: Steve K and raw66

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
USS Howard W Gilmore AS-16 Sub Pac6
Today’s fishing report from hurricane bank. Not what we wanted our first day at the bank. Zero wahoo and just a few peanut sized tuna. No Fish we’re tagged today. We were trying everything. Skipjack-fly lining a sardine-sinker fishing- chunk and the kite. I have never seen the bank this dead. If things don’t improve captain says we might have to try another location. Where we don’t know but if it stays this way we might have to change locations. Maybe will get lucky tomorrow but we metered very few fish. Wish us luck. We need it. Besides fishing we’re all having fun and a positive attitude is on deck.
Same as it was two weeks ago, God dam Mexican scum who won't let us do what we do and our hands are tied to this one spot and everything else turned into a friggin biosphere with precedence given to divers. What's this world coming to?
66272A4D-30F5-4CEE-B230-36414FAD84A6.jpeg
These monuments are everywhere Roca Partida, Socorro, San Benedicto. Good luck on the lower banks. You could always try a silky snorkel after dinner to get the blood flowing from all the sitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soda Pop

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Yup.....either that or like everything else in MX.... you didn't pay enough "mortida".... to the proper officals. Sad sad sad sad. As you go by ROCA.... look for the Satellite reporting FAD's..... With their boat viewable sonars hundreds or thousands of miles away. Appearantly Someone is paying enough. Just not the S.D. fleet. Don't want to hijack SODA's posts....again something for another days forum.

Just saying... come on SODA!!

Last edited:
Reactions: raw66

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Just remember it is not our country or our fish ,,,,, we are guests and the Mexicans can do what they want as far as regulations and allow or not allow who they want to fish in certain locations.....IMO we are fortunate to have the access we have now.

vegasandre

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Yes using the boat’s Wi-Fi. V
Thank you for the update Soda, Glad to see you have wifi down there still(for whatever reason the X has the best wifi). Fishing will turn around! Let us know if he decides to go 180 miles away to make a look see.

Reactions: Soda Pop

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
Yup.....either that or like everything else in MX.... you didn't pay enough "mortida".... to the proper officals. Sad sad sad sad. As you go by ROCA.... look for the Satellite reporting FAD's..... With their boat viewable sonars hundreds or thousands of miles away. Appearantly Someone is paying enough. Just not the S.D. fleet. Don't want to hijack SODA's posts....again something for another days forum.

Just saying... come on SODA!!
Satellite reporting FAD’s, ran into one recently. Keeps the poachers in check
4A5C188A-ADA9-4E98-A46A-F573872388DD.jpeg

Last edited:

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
Just remember it is not our country or our fish ,,,,, we are guests and the Mexicans can do what they want as far as regulations and allow or not allow who they want to fish in certain locations.....IMO we are fortunate to have the access we have now.
Then start a bidding war with the dive boats and offer up more money than what the divers are willing to pay. Mexicans response may surprise you and then the divers will be pissed off. Can’t please them all.

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
Why don't we, the San Diego LR Fleet, voluntarily initiate limit reductions?

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
SODA....question. Should HURRICANE remain barren.....can you guys officially or unofficially visit Clarion, Roca, Siccoro etc? Secrets being kept. Clarion has their Naval Weather Station....where you use to check in with "local" officials upon arrival. Just wondering if the Inside banks become the next destination....due to regs and agreements with the S.D. fleet and the government? Outside the second.zone? Wink wink....
Islands are off limits.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Really, guys. There should be no discussion on the Archipelago de Las Islas de Revillagigedos except to acknowledge that it’s become a National Heritage site and a National Park. Period. Take it up with private messages or phone calls but please don’t bring it up here.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I generally don’t go for the hush hush keep in PM stuff because someone might be watching but Steve is right about this one. We don’t need to be talking about those spots here. Having just got back from a trip where we were questioned by some locals when we were fishing where we were allowed to fish it’s just not worth it. We’ve got nothing to win and everything to lose

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
Really, guys. There should be no discussion on the Archipelago de Las Islas de Revillagigedos except to acknowledge that it’s become a National Heritage site and a National Park. Period. Take it up with private messages or phone calls but please don’t bring it up here.
And why do you and 13 other people who agreed with you feel this way again?

Reactions: T-Tang and jer dog

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
And why do you and 13 other people who agreed with you feel this way again?
We’re guests fishing their territorial waters and a lot of their people make their living off fishing those waters and see us coming there catching their fish as taking money out of their pockets and food off their tables.

in this day and age of WiFi and cell phones and everyone having access to instant information it just isn’t a good idea for us to bad mouth their rules, country or decision making process. We had some of the locals come out to us on our last trip at night hoping they could use the WiFi on the boat.

We have nothing to gain by slamming them and again a lot to lose or get a lot more expensive for us to go fish those waters. Sure the big Bluefin are here now but what if they’re gone next year or in a couple of years and we can’t go South to fish?

Just my 2 cents, your mileage and opinions may vary