Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Wrong place, inappropriate and rude imo. Imo
Rude to OP? Only if he is really thin skinned. Wrong place because it isn't useful or relevant to the broader topic of a report about a particular boat? Obviously some people like it. Perhaps you mean rude to the boat? They are in business. They need to sell tickets. The best way to do that begins with understanding what their prospective customers want. Without this feed back, they may assume that fishermen don't care about food, since, over time, their repeat customers will be the guys that don't care. This gives them really valuable information they couldn't easily get any other way. Its a win-win-win. They only people not happy about it shouldn't even care.

Reactions: dsivak and raw66

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Wrong place. Because thread jacking causes the thread to become more emotionally charged and defensive and offensive. While being off topic. Which blurs peoples vision.

As opposed to a thread title related to the thread. Where people are more free to express themselves without pissing other people off, as much. While being on topic

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
It’s become obvious to me that thread jacks aren’t popular and detract from this topic presented by our OP, Soda Pop.

I deleted my negative comments.

edit: that feels better. Soda Pop, he’s my hero. When I grow up, I want to be like him! :)

Last edited:

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Wrong place. Because thread jacking causes the thread to become more emotionally charged and defensive and offensive. While being off topic. Which blurs peoples vision.

As opposed to a thread title related to the thread. Where people are more free to express themselves without pissing other people off, as much. While being on topic
Uhh, then shouldn't you be posting all of this in a new thread somewhere? I am confused. I guess it can be tough to take your own advice.

Zed

W...X...Y...
Mar 22, 2004
W of 5
Name
Z
Boat
Yak or Cattle; NO Goats
$US 0.02
I lurk this forum having only taken a few trips but even the most novice Long Ranger knows travel days are boring and affect different people differently. Some might even need their Peleton along. Soon Soda will be fishing for us, maybe we can get our vicarious LR fix if hes not out of range (no internet? WTF?).
Thanks for giving a damn about us SodaPop.

Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Update. Most everyone is done rigging the tuna and wahoo gear for tomorrow’s arrival at hurricane bank. Wind has come up a bit. Traveling south it really doesn’t effect the BIG X. it might however be a bit choppy on the anchor when we arrive tomorrow morning. Forecast is the winds will tapper down the next few days after Sunday. Will set my drags tomorrow being the temperature will get hotter and the humidity will change. I myself set up two 100 LB. outfits with a 4/0 Owner super mutu. Two 130LB. with a 5/0 Owner super mutu and two 150LB. setups with a 11/0 J hook Owner hook for fishing skipjack. For wahoo I setup four different kinds of jigs. JRI bomb in green a captain Jimmy bomb in orange/black in 50LB two raiders. One in pink and another in green. I also set up a live bait titanium wire leader in 40LB. for fishing a sardine on live bait. Today most will turn in early for the long fishing days to come. Will try to keep everyone posted but hurricane bank can have spotty Wi-Fi. Stay tuned.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Yeah SODA that's the problem with HURRICANE Bank.....no place to hide from those winds. BUT.....that kite should be going "full speed". Once on the AA....we had 3 kites working there simultaniously. Tough but doable with a good "Kite Man".... and vigilant anglers. Had multiple blow ups with both "airborne" wahoo and tuna competing for the same bait. It's gonna be FUNNNN!!! Get your rest brother...be safe out there.

Reactions: Soda Pop

canyonman

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 2, 2005
brooklyn
Name
joe
Boat
Independence
No place like hurricane. From the latest reports Capt. Matt related back to the office pretty good fishing on that bank grade 80 to 150 with some cows mixed in. Sounds like more consistent fishing then when we were there in December. Love to see some big fish pics. I’m sure you are being well fed d. Enjoy to all my buddies on this trip

Last edited:

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
T- minus 6 hours to our destination. Wind and seas have come up. The captain came down to give us a heads up during dinner last night. Will be at the bank between 9-9:30. Make sure you have everything ready, if not check with a crew member and they will be more than happy to help you guys out. Trolling team 1 will be up first. Will take a look around for some wahoo then get to work on the tuna. Make sure your drags are set before going into the water on all your gear you will using. Temperature has come up since yesterday. The wind will come down after our first day. After we locate where we’re going to fish for tuna #1 and #2 will be up on the kite. Internet is still working. Let’s just see if it holds up. I will try to give updates as we fish the days to come.

hagridfish

Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Have a GREAT time Soda. Sure wish I could have been with you again this year, Had a really GREAT time last year. You truly are one of a kind with an unmatched sense of humor!

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
SODA'S phone just died. We'll have to wait until he returns for stories of "epic" tuna bites....lol. (just kidding). Come on SODA!!! A 4 skinny morning for you is what I'm predicting.

Reactions: bullyo

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Today’s fishing report from hurricane bank. Not what we wanted our first day at the bank. Zero wahoo and just a few peanut sized tuna. No Fish we’re tagged today. We were trying everything. Skipjack-fly lining a sardine-sinker fishing- chunk and the kite. I have never seen the bank this dead. If things don’t improve captain says we might have to try another location. Where we don’t know but if it stays this way we might have to change locations. Maybe will get lucky tomorrow but we metered very few fish. Wish us luck. We need it. Besides fishing we’re all having fun and a positive attitude is on deck.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
That's alright SODA....can't be WFO everyday. High spots like HURRICANE attract fish along the migration routes. Hoping Mother Nature brings you some new residents today. A few slow days happen on most trips....you'll get through it. Hang in there brother.

dtf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 16, 2004
So. Bay Ca
Name
David
Boat
22ft, Pursuit
Today’s fishing report from hurricane bank. Not what we wanted our first day at the bank. Zero wahoo and just a few peanut sized tuna. No Fish we’re tagged today. We were trying everything. Skipjack-fly lining a sardine-sinker fishing- chunk and the kite. I have never seen the bank this dead. If things don’t improve captain says we might have to try another location. Where we don’t know but if it stays this way we might have to change locations. Maybe will get lucky tomorrow but we metered very few fish. Wish us luck. We need it. Besides fishing we’re all having fun and a positive attitude is on deck.
Thanks for keeping us up to date with you reports, muy bueno. Are you using boats wi-fi??