Offshore old glory today tuesday and learned new rules for bluefin on mexican water

PENN

markfish48

Aug 7, 2007
Carlsbad
Name
Mark
Boat
24' Skipjack
i fished old glory today in the us waters, around 43. was a slow day. some rat yellowtails and few tunas. according to joe, the captain, mexico has banned sporties for blufins. that is why many of them going only on us waters. if this is true i am wondering why? no more tuna pens catchings. the crew worked hard to get us some fish. i landed one yellowfin the biggest on the boat, but i was not in the jackpot pool. anyone konws about this new rules from mexicans?
mark

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

junkyardEd

Special Baiter Wizard
Nov 27, 2008
San Diego
Name
Ed
Boat
SOLD
i fished old glory today in the us waters, around 43. was a slow day. some rat yellowtails and few tunas. according to joe, the captain, mexico has banned sporties for blufins. that is why many of them going only on us waters. if this is true i am wondering why? no more tuna pens catchings. the crew worked hard to get us some fish. i landed one yellowfin the biggest on the boat, but i was not in the jackpot pool. anyone konws about this new rules from mexicans?
mark

He musta not known about it Monday.

NOTE: I just noticed someone deleted the part of My post that meant something. I guess I made My point.

Last edited:
Reactions: carcass
Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Oh I see, kinda like a UNICORN ,that swims......

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
mark

Maybe should have analyzed the business of that boat...why does it list so hard to one side???!!!???

Reactions: ONMOORING
Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
Someone should start a dedicated thread on this subject, so no one implodes!

Upvote 0

Produce Man

How you Bean ?
Jul 20, 2003
San Diego/Rolando Village
Name
Jay
Boat
14' Hewescraft
I was also on that boat tuesday. Capt gave a sorta weak explanation. I'm kinda glad we didn't get in to bluefin as my first yellow sat in a sack for 40 minutes before I had to ask a deckhand to please stick it in the rsw. There were only 4 fish on that stop so they weren't that busy, lame crew. Never again for me on that boat.

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
I was also on that boat tuesday. Capt gave a sorta weak explanation. I'm kinda glad we didn't get in to bluefin as my first yellow sat in a sack for 40 minutes before I had to ask a deckhand to please stick it in the rsw. There were only 4 fish on that stop so they weren't that busy, lame crew. Never again for me on that boat.
What's up, you don't like mushy fish?

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0