muledeer07

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Saturday report on the old glory. Fishing was SLOW to say the least, 30mph winds 6-8 swells all mixed up, not good. Especially with 36 mostly first timers on the boat. I got a Dodo on a colt sniper early and then at the end of the evening a yellowfin on a shimano orca popper. Bait was good, 4-6" dines. Captain and crew ------ Hats off to you gentlemen they pushed hard we were down around 70 miles just looking for the right kelp. Can't say enough about the capt and crew. Everything you could ask for, we were due in at 6:00pm, made it back almost 9:00pm. They never quit were personable hard working. Hard to laugh when at times we'd have 20 passengers puking at one time or another. Boat total 2 dodo's 2 yellowfin and 1 yellowtail, which was jackpot.
Bunks were clean, decent size I'm 6'2" had no problem. Air conditioning was cranking very nice sleeping conditions.
The only negative and they know this but you work with what you have and they do. Rod storage, biggest rod that fits the side racks is 7'2". I knew this brought my short rods and worked out. There is room for longer rods in a couple places but if you don't get one of these you can put your longer rods on angle.
oldglory1.JPG
oldglory2.jpg
oldglory3.jpg

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
sounds like a painful trip, but you got to come home with some meat. thanks for the report.

cbadcrew

Mar 1, 2008
carlsbad ca
Name
joeb1
Boat
2520 PKR The Slaughterhouse
1st timers
+ wind
+ waves
+ diesel fumes
+ some joker that's gotta light up a cigar
=
Up side there's lots of left over grub in da galley
Thx for the report

bdubs73

Feb 7, 2008
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
none
1st timers
+ wind
+ waves
+ diesel fumes
+ some joker that's gotta light up a cigar
=
Up side there's lots of left over grub in da galley
Thx for the report
There guy with the cigar is always like a hand grenade of puking...

rick Jackson

"Carpe diem"
May 28, 2015
Name
RIP Jim Peterson
Boat
Glasspar Avalon/SeaQuest
Sounds like you made the best of a rough & tough day.