PENN

scottyp75

Sep 30, 2013
arroyo grande ca usa
Name
scott pinkston
Boat
parker 2320 "scottfree"
going on the old glory in a couple of weeks. does anyone have any info or advice? 1 1/2 day trip.
is this a reputable boat? one of the very few boats still available even that far out.
thanks for all replies.

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I wish you only the best, but in late September through October the boats list trips that may very well not get off the docks, due to too few people signing up. The boat will continue to be listed to go, and then I've been called as late as 11 am the day of the trip to have the landing tell me that the boat won't run because the load is too light. I really hope that this doesn't happen to you! I've never fished the Old Glory, don't have anything to say about it. I have a tuna trip booked for October 26 on the Condor, and the only reason that I booked the trip for me and my brother coming over from Arizona is because the Condor out of Fisherman's Landing has a track record for going offshore even with very light passenger counts, I'm talking 14 or 15 people instead of the 37 that they would like to take. So keep the Condor in mind as a possible backup plan if the Old Glory can't go.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    we will run out of fishermen before we run out of fish this year...jus keep an eye on the reso's and adjust accordingly

Upvote 0

scottyp75

Sep 30, 2013
    arroyo grande ca usa
    Name
    scott pinkston
    Boat
    parker 2320 "scottfree"
    Plj46, I told a another person going on the trip the same thing.
    22 spots left out of 28 when 80+ percent of other 1 1/2 day trips sold out already.
    I'm thinking of getting on a couple of waiting lists and if one opens up cancel on the old glory.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
    Sep 22, 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Name
    Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
    Boat
    Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
    Well WTF? Are the yellowfin not chewing of the piers yet? I hate it when overnight boats are still toying with our emotions in September and possibly October

Upvote 0

arenpilav41

jjpilav
    Mar 28, 2013
    Encino, CA
    Name
    Pilav
    Boat
    No Boat
    Ive fished this boat before. We did not catch that many, even though other boats did really well... But the captain and crew are really cool, so your time on the water will be enjoyable... As far as fishing goes, they have had good trips, and they have had bad trips, so I say just get out there and fish!

Upvote 0